FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cpu performance question

Post Date: 2013-10-20

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milo15618 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote milo15618 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: cpu performance question
    Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 8:11pm
so I've been using my new computer for a while now and lately im feeling like Its not quite running optimally. Right now im playing minecraft and noticing it being a bit choppy. I've already reinstalled drivers although I may do that again for qualcomm since it seems to randomly say my status is bad and have no internet connection even though I do. Anyway I have Nvidia system monitor on my computer while im playing minecraft and right now my cpu usage seems a little odd to me but im not a computer tech so idk. what do you guys think?
Temp is about 74C

Meller View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Meller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:12am
Just because you have difference on load on your cores doesn't mean your cpu is operating ilregularly.  Minecraft may not be optimized for multi-core, while other programs may be utilizing the other cores.

If it's choppy, you may want to clean up your hard drive some, and verify your video card is staying cool and is up to date.  It sounds much more like one of those types of issues, rather than a cpu issue.

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this.
milo15618 View Drop Down

Quote milo15618 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 9:55am
Well its a new computer. There really isnt much on it except some pictures, music, a few programs, and some games. The temp while playing was about 74C. I also started havibg an issue on start up where after the welcome screen the start bar would show but the desktop background eould be black for a bit before loading and the loggin sound would delay. Also some things in the system tray wouldnt show up or wouldnt load right, for example the application software for my killer-n wireless card will say computer status bad and no internet connection when i do have it and show no application data. This would change randomly with restarting computer. Ive tried reinstalling drivers and all that. I noticd that if i shut down computer and immediately restart it its less likely to give me a black screen and delay the startup sound. At this point i just got done reinstalling windows and drivers one by one. I havnt really had time to use the comp since to see if the problems still there.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:54am
This is a Viper laptop?, if I remember your last thread where we checked temps, etc.

There is little chance we can fix this over the forums, just too little info and too many variables, but this sounds like , possibly, a HDD problem.  Try running scandisk to check drive for errors and integrity.  Click Start in lower left, click Computer, right click the HDD and select Properties and select and run Error Checking.  

It could also be a bad ram stick. 

Not sure of your work schedule, but I would contact DS .  Over the phone help is tons better and might get this resolved pretty quick.

Edited by bprat22 - 26 Oct 2013 at 10:55am
milo15618 View Drop Down

Quote milo15618 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 10:56am
As soon as its done installing windows updates ill try this. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply