FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedcpu temp concern

Post Date: 2016-08-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sly2518 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
bullet Topic: cpu temp concern
    Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 7:14pm
Hi all I just got my bolt 3 yesterday(it looks fantastic btw) I ran Linx as well as Heaven my cpu temp went from 60c on heaven to about 85-98 on Linx. Now I'm not a expert but I know that the temp that showed while running Linx's is not good. my cpu and gpu are both water cooled ( max temp for gpu is 45c under load)I'm rather curious if that's normal for this case or if its the cpu block itself that's not working    
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:06pm
Heaven is more gpu based, for cpu linx is what I use. Bolt does not have great airflow, but your cooler is decent enough to be able to deal linx with better temps I would think.

Cpu block always works, only thing it can do wrong most times is just not be seated correctly due to shipping. Pump could fail but you would see 85c temps with heaven if that was the case.

What is our oc? it maybe that your oc and room temps are too high.
Sly2518 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 5:33am
I got the stage one overclock on the cpu
Grimbrau View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:49am
Can you screenshot CPU-Z while you are running Linx and post it here?
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:14am
LinX is a power virus and is not an ideal way to check for system temps, the amount of load that puts on the processor is not real world usage and can damage your processor.

If you want to check your CPU temps, use a utility like AIDA64.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 11:20am
Virus? come on Alex, I think Intel would disagree so would all oc communities.

If the system can't handle the app the problem is not the app its the system/cooler.

Many of us with proper oc and better airflow can run linx with temps below 80c.

We can always find another app to make our temps looks good, but that has nothing to do with if you put the cpu under full use what the temps are gonna be. If you don't believe me run a an app that will tax the cpu like an fah cpu client.

Yes linx is heavy on the cpu more then average use but nobody checks their oc temps with average use.

I mean please if the system can't run the app properly lets not blame the app, since it can run properly and under 80c with other systems.

@Sly2518, I only accept oc temps that are tested with linx and prime, run prime for 24 hours and see what you get, otherwise I can point you to a stress test that won't really stress your cpu and will show you good temps but as mentioned I won't accept those for me/my friends and family. And maybe thats just me and every over clocker I know.

Linx is a quick test we do to see temps, if its not good then we run prime for 24 hours to see how temps turn out, if they don't pass that either then you need to lower or adjust oc settings, no matter what you got to run prime for 24 hours to test stability/temps. that is how we do it in the oc community.

If you want to run aid64, run the aid64 extreme verison and only test cpu, not the memory or anything else, just cpu for 24 hours and see what max temps you get.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Aug 2016 at 1:16pm
Sly2518 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 1:46pm
I wont be using prime 95 ever haha... cpu went up to 98c. but after tightening the cpu block till I herd a click, and making sure the cables were nice and snug the temps fluctuate from mid 40's to mid 80's using linx. I still find it odd tho that the cpu gets up to 65c during heavy gaming while the gpu stays at 35c. I suppose that could be normal or a cpu paste issue

Edited by Sly2518 - 04 Aug 2016 at 1:47pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 1:51pm
Assuming your block is sitting correctly on the cpu, then the game you are playing is more cpu intensive than gpu, which why the gpu temps stays low and the cpu goes up high.

well now if your temps are below 80c with linx now, then you are good, but to fully test your system I would run prime 95 for 24 hours and then if it passed I would tell you that you are good. If linx is below 80c so should prime.

BTW if you like to see the difference your oc makes in temps go to bios make sure your current profiles is saved and then set the bios to default, reboot and run the tests again you will see a good difference.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Aug 2016 at 1:53pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:15pm
We do not suggest running Prime95 or LinX on the PCs for extended time periods, especially if you have an overclocked PC. A few minutes is fine, after that, you're simply punishing the hardware with an unnecessary load.

We've been doing this for over 12+ years. Systems that are stable with stress-testing utilities like Prime95 or even LinX can show stability issues with certain applications and games as those tools are designed to run a very specific segment of code to deliver maximum thermal load on components.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:23pm
i don't think aida64 runs the AVX/2 tests.  best to stick with Prime imo.  but you should be running multiple/different tests for stability.  RealBench is another good one that will test your entire system.  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:44pm
Um Alex while I respect the amount of years you guys are doing this, but I can't find one person in an oc forum that will say that you got a stable oc without running prime 95 for at least 12 hours for stability. keep in mind I don't think people like db/FO61/Me and some others started ocing yesterday either, so with all due respect we have some experience also.

If your oc passed prime 95, linx and couple of other stress test and passes, After that if an app creates stability issues, that has to do with the codes for that particular app, or the amount of resources that app is asking for and not the stability of the system.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Aug 2016 at 4:48pm
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:02am
I rather not get into a debate about this. I'm going to leave it at what I said. Prime95 and LinX have their own place, which is fine for quick stability tests, but they should be used with caution as with extended time periods they can cause harm to components.

This is why we recommend customers test and check thermals with real world tools. Especially if CPU temps are of concern, running a power virus like those tools is not going to show you real world temps (actual gaming or productivity use).

Regarding my use of "Power Virus" please refer to this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_virus

Edited by Alex - 05 Aug 2016 at 11:03am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:36am
I'm sorry to hear this Alex, The entire OC community disagrees with you.

Nobody uses prime95 for quick stability test, prime needs to run for a good while to find problems.

I know I/many can/have oc a 6700K with noctua and have good temps with prime and linx. We can easily do this with DS systems also.

If DS does not like to use prime or linx that fine but that says something about DS's OC to the oc community.

So you don't want us to tell customers to run linx or prime95, 2 baisc apps used to test oc, that is fine, but with all due respect lets call a rabbit a rabbit and not a donkey, aka there is nothing wrong with linx or prime for stability and temps tests, with proper oc settings any system can handle them.

Again If you don't want us to recommend users to properly test their temps that is fine but a rabbit is not a donkey and linx or prime are not viruses.

Originally posted by wiki

Popular stress tests include Prime95, Everest, Superpi, OCCT, AIDA64, Linpack (via the LinX and IntelBurnTest GUIs), SiSoftware Sandra, BOINC, Intel Thermal Analysis Tool and Memtest86. The hope is that any functional-correctness issues with the overclocked component will show up during these tests, and if no errors are detected during the test, the component is then deemed "stable". Since fault coverage is important in stability testing, the tests are often run for long periods of time, hours or even days. An overclocked computer is sometimes described using the number of hours and the stability program used, such as "prime 12 hours stable".
The stability and temps are tested at the same time, if your pc crashes during the test it could be from temps, so one has to make sure the temps stay within limits during the test so its not just stability.

A system that does not throw errors on prime or linx or other software but has high temps and thus gets hot and shuts down has a problem. A system that keeps shutting down during stability testing due to high temps is not called a stable system.

Edited by DST4ME - 05 Aug 2016 at 1:45pm
EdgeCrusher View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:13pm
I feel sorry for Alex and DS sometimes that they have to put up with you DST4ME. Power virus is a term for the type of program it is. Click the link Alex put in and educate yourself.

You spend all day in these forums posting to as many topics as many times as you can and most of it is pretty worthless garbage or ranting on and on about Noctua cooling or whatever.
Being the most prolific poster in the forums don't get you anything special. Your preferences and opinions are your own and by no means the bottom line.

I'm not sure why you think being a "verified customer" gives you the right to argue with DS costumer support agent in their own forums. Most of these people posting want to hear from them, not you.

I haven't been back to these forums long and since then you have completely got on my nerves and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Stop choking every thread with the same posts over and over.
/rant

Edited by EdgeCrusher - 05 Aug 2016 at 10:15pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher

I feel sorry for Alex and DS sometimes that they have to put up with you DST4ME.
You spend all day in these forums posting to as many topics as many times as you can and most of it is pretty worthless garbage or ranting on and on about Noctua cooling or whatever.
Being the most prolific poster in the forums don't get you anything special. Your preferences and opinions are your own and by no means the bottom line.
I'm not sure why you think being a "verified customer" gives you the right to argue with DS costumer support agent in their own forums. Most of these people posting want to hear from them, not you.
I haven't been back to these forums long and since then you have completely got on my nerves and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
/rant

Your assumptions are funny and very wrong, but that is what happens when you jump to snap judgment without knowing all the facts.

That is the second time you have personally attacked me, please familiarize yourself with forum rules and refrain from personal attacks.

I can save you some time by telling you that you are wasting your time I only care about what people I respect say, and I don't know you,so far with 2 personal attacks I'm having a hard time finding a reason to, but I don't jump to conclusions so quick.

Have good day and good luck

I always tell everybody to do their own research, but if anybody has questions about nocta they can have a look here

So again for the people reading this, never just take anybody's word for anything do a little research on creditable sites like anandtech, techpowerup, guru3d, evga, sites like that and see the results for yourself, stay away from bs sites like tomshardware.

Edited by DST4ME - 05 Aug 2016 at 10:59pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:27pm
First the Moderator note: Please refrain from personal attacks. They are counter-productive to informed discussions and serve no purpose. Thank you

Second, thread response: As a non-enthusiast who knows so very little about computers other than how to blow up feral ghouls in the glowing sea....

Opinions are great, they make for great discussions and learning, as does research, debate and observations. But when it comes right down to it, I would rather follow the opinion of the company who is warrantying my machine other than the "enthusiasts". Therefore, in my opinion, LinX (and other Power Virus') should only be used for a short period of time as Alex suggested.

Remember, "enthusiasts" are the type of folks who put great big rear spoilers on the back of front wheel drive cars, drop in sound systems that literally rattle the car apart and canter the wheels to where the car is un-drivable. They "know" better than the millions of dollars of R&D by the manufacturing companies.

Yes, there is a place for it, but only by those willing to accept the damage it will do, but not for the general public. This is the caveat that must be made when recommending such programs.

My 2¢ on the matter.   
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:33pm
Snaike well I hope that is not toward me, cause I would not call somebody who builds pcs for many people for many years, an "enthusiasts"

Also I find it useful to not listen to ford tell me they have the best car and instead listen to the company, customers and do my own homework. Otherwise every company believes they have the best, ford says they have the best, hyundai says they have the best... and then there is the conflict of interest. customer reviews are very important as they are free of conflict of interest.

But to each his own.

Edited by DST4ME - 05 Aug 2016 at 11:40pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:41pm
No DST, it's not aimed at you specifically. It's my opinion of "enthusiasts". I've been around car enthusiasts for a very long time to realize that while they have the best intentions, sometimes they do the stupidest things.

But yes, if Alex/DS tells me not to do something to the machine they built and will warranty, and some "enthusiasts" tell me otherwise, I'll follow the recommendations of the company.

The main reason why is simple; I have legal recourse should the machine fail if I follow the company guidelines. If I follow the "enthusiasts", no matter what experience they have, and something breaks there is no recourse.

Remember, opinions are like noses. We all have one.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 05 Aug 2016 at 11:55pm
Well for me I don't follow anybody just because they said something. I don't care who the person is, if they want me to believe something they have to show me. You want me to believe 2+2=5 show me otherwise I'm sticking 2+2=4 till somebody shows me different.

You are right opinion are like a nose, but if 90% conclusion/opinion of unbiased people is one way based on many years of test/use and 10% on the other side, I go with the 90%, again until they prove me wrong.

For example snaike if you like I can prove this to you, if you like when I have time or if you are in the area and so am I, I would be more then happy to on my dime build a pc in front of you real quick (cheap basic one) and then run linx and prime95 of on it all day long with proper oc settings and cooling, and I promise you that nothing will happen to my pc, why? simple if you set the oc correctly then pc will not get too hot, cause when you do, you go back and tweak the oc to the point where its stable and not over 80c. But wait there is more, if my pc gets damaged in any way I will pay you $200. Oh and also I promise you once I set the oc and do my test and say that "this pc is stable" you can run just about whatever you want on that pc and the pc will be stable aka no crash due to errors or heat. Now if my pc can do all the stress test without crashing, you tell me who's pc is stable, aka won't cash under stress or overheat.

that is called putting my money where my mouth is.

on the opposite of that I can do a lazy oc, have it pass with aid64 but not prime or linx.

Also again while you are right about opinion, some things are not, for example its not an opinion that you don't need more then 4 cores right now for gaming, this is based on the fact that when we test games we don't see them go beyond 4 cores, so that is not an opinion. Or the fact that titan is overkill for 1440p or 1080op again that is based on the fact that at a certain point more fps become obsolete(depending). Noctua vs hi for example is another, I can show bench after bench from creditable unbiased sites that show noctua matching the corsair, so that is not an opinion after every test yields the same results we are looking at a fact.

So yes there are some opinions on the forums but its important to distinguish when there is an opinion and when there is a fact. The more one distinquishes the closer to facts one gets, and to do that is very easy, when someone tells you "you only need a 4 core for games" simply say ok, head over to anandtech for example real quick and see what the results of their bench test is for a 4 core vs a higher core in many games.( this should take one literally one minute)

I use the word "you" above a lot and by that I didn't mean you snaike I mean you as in anybody.

Edited by DST4ME - 06 Aug 2016 at 12:45am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 12:44am
Thank you for illustrating my point exactly.   

You, DST, are very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. Class A configurator, hardware compatibility, etc.. a great help on these forums to everyone wishing to put together a build, troubleshoot a problem, or just shoot the bull.

I have no doubt in my mind that you would put your "money where your mouth is" and run the programs discussed. Because A) you know what you're doing, B) if it starts to go wrong you can stop it, and C)you're willing to face the consequences of a failure.

This comes from being knowledgeable. Most computer users using this forum, including myself, are not that knowledgeable and I, for one, would not let you run those programs on my machine.

This is my point. It's not about which programs to run on these forums, it's about asking folks who are not ready or prepared to deal with "potentially" catastrophic results to do things that you feel are perfectly acceptable.

In other words, you don't ask a Student Driver to try to post a 10':00" lap on the Nürburgring. Even though it is done regularly by the "enthusiasts".

There is a difference. I hope you see it.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:09am
Ok I see there is some misunderstanding on your part, so let me clarify perhaps I didn't do a good job.

To test the stability of your pc (errors and heat), you run linx and prime.

here is what they do in a general way, they both test your cpu for errors and they do so by putting it under heavy load, this helps us find the proper point for your oc in this manner:

1. if the oc setting is not correct you will get an error or bsod.

2. if the temps are too high for your system with this oc the pc will shutdown or you will see your temps on hwmonitor or realtemp go above 80c.

now here are simple rules for oc, or your cpu and gpu:

While they are rated for max temp of higher then 100c, we only accept 80c temp under load for cpu/gpu (you know this one).

So now if say I am or you are or DS is or vladimir putin is doing an oc, no matter who is doing it, you set your settings for the oc and now you have to test those settings to make sure they are good and solid. You do this by running prime95 for example for 12 to 24 hours some like 72 hours, reasoning is that if prime keeps crunching numbers and there is no crash for 24 hours then odds are 99% that you have gone thru everything and prime has found no errors, now in the meantime you need to keep an eye out for temps, normally it does not take too long to get to above 80c if the settings are not correct so its not like you have to watch prime run for 24hours.

now lets say you ran prime for 24hours, no errors and max temps are below 80c, you my friend have found yourself a stable oc, do another quick check with linx, Geekbench, aid64 if you like to double check your prime results.

the problem with aid64 is that it does not stress the cpu that much so we never get to test the max temps properly, so where after passing prime you can throw whatever at the pc and not have heat issues, you can't do/say the same with something like aid64.

Now you bring up a good point, that the user may not know all that, but:

That is fine since that is the reason we come to DS to get our pc, so that they do the ocing and testing so that we don't have to. Having said that when we ask you to run aid64 or prime95 or linx, or ibt, there is nothing that can hurt your pc as mentioned before because:

1. your pc will shutdown if it gets too hot to protect itself.

2. it should not get to that point because we always instruct you to look at your temp while running these and if it goes above 85c stop the app and tell us.

that is it, I'm sure you can manage looking at real temp and stoping a test or say prime95 all together if you see your cpu/core temps get to 85c, keep in mind you have to get to 105c+ and let it run at 105c+ for bit before you fry your cpu, but we are never getting close to that.

Also snaike if you come here and ask me to check your oc temp, how would you like me to do that without my oc temp checking tools? I need something to stress the heck out of your cpu to see if your temp goes above 80c without something to do that I can't test your oc temps.

so again the hard part of doing the oc and stress test is not yours to do.

Stressing your cpu with one app while you look for 85c in another app is extremely easy to follow, and nothing at all like having to oc your cpu yourself.

And as I always say, don't take my word for it, head over to oc forums where very knowledgeable people are, some work for pc makers and some are just long time ocers, and you will see that the consensus is the same whether its a pro that is in the business or the enthusiasts as you put it.

I like to add I would never have nor would I ever ask anybody to do something with "potentially" catastrophic results. Which I can prove, and if I can prove it, its a fact. You can see db188 has asked people to run prime95, others like bp has asked others also tho with bp I'm not sure, there are bunch of us that have asked people to run prime either for stability or temp and I doubt any of them agree that they are asking people to do something with "potentially" catastrophic results. If you can run your browser you can run and stop linx.

If a person can't do a simple task then the problem is not with the app, its with the person that didn't speak up and said "I can't look at my temps and run another app at the same time for 10 - 20 minutes". because if one can't do a simple task of letting an app run while they keep an eye out for temps then they need to tell us that.

If I ask you to put your car in park so I can check your oil and you can't do that and you don't tell me that, then the problem is not me, or my tools or the car, the problem is that you didn't speak up.

Now if what I was doing was in-fact forcing somebody to do some thing that they said they were not comfortable doing I would see what you are saying but that is not the case here. I'm not forcing anybody, I explain to people to make sure to turn off linx/prime when they see their temps go above 80c, I make sure they feel comfortable running it, and if it gets to the threshold the pc will shut itself off if for some reason you can't see that temps are going high.

again Intel has the cpu so that if the tjmax is reached the cpu/system shuts down to prevent damage or throttle down(depending).

As a matter of fact snaike what most of us like to do is set the alarm on realtemp so that if it goes above 80c the alarm will go off this will allow us to not even get to the auto shutoff.

Edited by DST4ME - 06 Aug 2016 at 1:57am
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 2:18am
Alex is a great community resource, but he's not tech support.  i'm not really sure what level of amateur or professional expertise he has with computers.  i'm certainly no "expert", but i have a working amateur familiarity with many things concerning them and i've been overclocking since my FX-57 days.     

i've had my collisions with DST4ME.  he can certainly be described as a "dog with a bone"; and how do i know that?  because i've been described that way myself by more than one person on occasion. 

in this matter, i have to agree with him.  there's no point in running Prime95 for a short period of time.  it won't do squat for you as a diagnostic tool to run it for a few minutes or what have you.  you have to run it for a minimum of 10 hours on the cpu tests and another 10 for the memory/chipset side of things.  so either run it properly or don't run it at all.  LinX is designed as a quick diagnostic, but i don't put all my eggs in one basket.  i'll use it for establishing a baseline oc and then switch to Prime for the long stability testing.  if you don't do stress testing properly, or worse, not at all, you run the real risk of stealth data corruption.  and then you'll spend days trying to figure out why your computer is acting all wonky and you'll have to chase it all down becoming frustrated and all the while cursing DS for building such a crappy computerWink

Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
ArkansasWoman777 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:01am
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher

I feel sorry for Alex and DS sometimes that they have to put up with you DST4ME. Power virus is a term for the type of program it is. Click the link Alex put in and educate yourself.

/rant

DST means well and he has pretty much been a knowledgeable helper on these forums for years. Also most of these people are also wanting to hear advice from other customers as well just saying.

Edited by ArkansasWoman777 - 06 Aug 2016 at 5:13am
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper
i5 3570k

Ordered: 11-27-12
Stage 1: 11-29-12
Stage 2: 12-2-12
Stage 3: 12-2-12
Stage 4: 12-4-12
Stage 5: 12-4-12
Stage 6: 12-10-12
Stage 7: 12-12-12
Sly2518 View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:08am
I had no intent for this thread to go south, I ended up figuring out the problem and fixed it. may a moderator close this thread as the Night is dark and full of Terror's

Also I just wanna go back and kill some evil Bandits,
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:08pm
Not your fault. Can't give in to a trol.. best to ignore.Hahaha

Edited by hoserator - 06 Aug 2016 at 1:10pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:15pm
I like to thank everyone that said something kind about me I appreciate that and thank you.

I just like to point out that everybody is free to comment on any thread, if you guys see my post the most there is a simple reason:

I'm on the forum more often then most so I endup answering the person first, now the reason you don't see anybody else answering is because they agree with what I am saying.

For example if db, bp, hose, or whomever answers a person, when I get there if I agree I'm gonna not say the something to that person and vise versa, so I may not respond to that thread at all or simply chime in and say I agree with whomever gave the advise.

In short if I tell one person for your needs all you need is a 1080, everybody esle is not gonna come and one by one say "ya I agree with dst", thus it looks like you are only hearing from me or bp or db or whomever, But the reality is that if we agree with the answer already posted there is no reason repost the same answer.

I personally like to chime in and backup other people's answer I agree with so that the op knows its not just one person.

@Sly2518, I'm sorry some people resort to personal attacks instead of sticking with the discussion.

either way I'm glad you got it figured out time to take the frustration on those bandits

Edited by DST4ME - 06 Aug 2016 at 1:17pm
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

bullet Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 1:20pm
Awesome
Salangsang View Drop Down

bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 12:51pm
Lol the fight on this thread was real :O
Bolt 3:
LC'edIntel i7 6700k @4.6gHz
LC'ed nVidia GTX 1080 @2038mHz
16GB 3000mHz DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum
250GB Samsung 850 Evo + 1TB WD Caviar Black
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

bullet Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 1:08pm
Just to chime in, Prime95 and LinX are good for stability tests, yes. But they are not good for long time periods, which is why we suggest alternative stability test tools that are not as aggressive.

A customer that runs such a tool may mistakenly assume their computer would run at those high temperatures while gaming or during heavy multi-tasking or even heavy rendering tasks. Which is not the case.

Thread closed. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly "[email protected]".

Post Reply Post Reply