Post Date: 2009-06-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vipersneak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vipersneak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Crazy Question?
    Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 10:13pm
Here is a crazy question for DSO techs...

Have you ever tried/been able to OC an i7 920 cpu higher when changing RAM from 1333 to 1600 Mhz? 
Intel i5 3570 @ 4.0 GHz
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB
8 Gb of Corsair Vengence 1600
nVidia 670 FTW
120 Gb Corsair GTX SSD
1 TB WD Caviar Black HDD (3gb/sec)
800 watt Corsair GS PSU
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 10:21pm
if they did, it would be for heat reasons not speed reasons.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 12:58am
HM workout mathematically how that worksout, there is an equation we use to figure that out, cause if you do you will see that 1333MHz ram with a penryn CPU (which has a much lower multiplier then i7(penryn has multiplier of 9, i7 has multiplier of 23)) can take you all the way up to/pass 5GHz, not saying the ram or the cpu will go to 5.0GHz.

for OC of 4.0GHz the only difference between 1333 and 1600MHz is heat.

plus you can just unlink the ram and not even worry about it.

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Jun 2009 at 1:27am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 5:13am
If you know what you are doing, you can get a fine stable OC with 1333, no reason to go spend lot of money on faster ram when the 1333 gives you stable OC, with 1333MHz ram if one can't OC stable and around 3.8 to 4.0GHz then one needs more practice and experience.

thats like saying you need a automatic car to go from point A to point B, its much easier with an automatic, But if you are a true driver, then you can do the same exact thing with a stick-shift just fine, you don't need an automatic if you know what you are doing.

Ya an automatic is easy, but its for amateurs, experts know how to do it with a stick-shift.

and before you get angry and start calling me names HM, I'm not saying you are an amateur, I'm saying people who can't achieve a stable OC to 3.8GHz with 1333MHz ram are amateurs.

there are plenty of systems on this forum with 1333MHz ram and 3.8GHz OC that are very stable.

pass 3.8GHz and 1600 x 1200 resolution, your OC speed makes no difference in games anyways.

I mean do I want to pay $300 more for ram so somebody can have a easy time OCing my rig, or do I want to pay $300 less and have somebody that knows what they are doing give me the same OC just fine and stable as the guy that paid $300 more?

now if we are talking about OCing over 4.2GHz or higher and doing so benchmarks or records and such then yes of course higher speed ram will help there for sure, but for 3.8GHz and under, an expert needs nothing but 1333MHz ram to give good, solid, stable OC.

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Jun 2009 at 5:31am
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 5:43am
RAM has absolutely nothing to do with how high the CPU will overclock, unless your talking about the maximum bclock before needing higher clocked RAM.

e.g. If you have 1066 RAM, using a 2:6 Memory Ratio, would give you a maximum bclock of 178 before having to increase memory frequency. 1333MHz has a maximum bclock of 222 using a 2:6 Memory Ratio, which you will never reach.

For the older core2quads/duos, the ram was always insanely way over the bus speed.  1333MHz would allow a FSB as high as 2666MHz, which has never been achieved (that I have seen).

So I really don't get what either of you are saying in regards to bus speed matching ram speed (it never will unless you have ddr3 800 (1600FSB) or maybe ddr3 1066(2133FSB)), how it affects the stability at all, or how heat would play a factor at all unless you get a crap chip (i7) that requires high vtt voltage.

Edited by venom - 19 Jun 2009 at 5:44am
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:22am
Very good question, I have never seen a purpose for faster ram at all.

In regards to gaming rigs, I will have to get some DDR3 of a few different speeds and see if there is any difference when you max out the bclock to match the ram.

Though I do know tighter timings can help, but it seems to only help on benchmarks a bit, haven't noticed any difference from 9-9-9-24 to 8-8-8-20 to 7-8-8-16 when actually playing games.

Actually I do have some 1600, I could downclock it.  I'll let you know what I find this weekend.

Edit: This is results from a Core i7 system, the older generation might give different results.

Edited by venom - 19 Jun 2009 at 6:24am
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 6:54am
Originally posted by harleyman

OK..

Taking all that into consideration Venom.....

Just what is the purpose of faster Ram?

Into what equasion then does it offer for gaming rigs?

Inquiring minds need to know...

Thank you for asking that question...  sign me, another inquiring mind  Pinch
justin.kerr View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:18am
Lots of wrong info here.. Ram can be the limiting factor in an i7 920 overclock. The lowest ram multi is 6 so B clock will be limited to around 222 with 1333 Mhz RAM.
With the 965 or 975 you have much more flexability, you could reach 6Ghz with 1333Mhz ram, not that you would want to, because your benchmanrks would be crap. lol
Faster RAM can make a big difference in some apps, games is usually not one of them.
For those looking for an overclock of 4Ghz-4.2Ghz 1600 Mhz ram works great for the 920. 200 B clock x 21 cpu multi = 4.2Ghz, 8 ram multi gets you full 1600Mhz ram speed.
  3.5 Ghz works great for 1333Mhz. 168 B clock with cpu multi of 21 = 3.5ghz ram multi of 8 get full speed ram.

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:34am
With the price of ram falling so much in that last 12 months, + timings getting tighter, 1600 Mhz RAM is good bargain IMHO. Even 2000 Mhz ram is getting nearly reasonable. lol 

inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 10:32am
lol the fastest ram i've seen was some1 with 2400MHz ram prob 2000 Mhz OC'ed lets ask him does it make any real difference
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 1:07pm
like I said if you can't OC to 3.8 with 1333MHz ram and have it stable then you need more practice.

once the ram prices are lower and the difference becomes very little then ya sure why not the 1600MHz if the difference is $20 or $40 and by that time, DS will drop the 1333 anyways and just go with 1600MHz, thats what they do when the prices become too close to matter.
Zardoz8719 View Drop Down

Quote Zardoz8719 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

like I said if you can't OC to 3.8 with 1333MHz ram and have it stable then you need more practice.

once the ram prices are lower and the difference becomes very little then ya sure why not the 1600MHz if the difference is $20 or $40 and by that time, DS will drop the 1333 anyways and just go with 1600MHz, thats what they do when the prices become too close to matter.
Seems reasonable...it's not that DSO lacks for options Disapprove
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 1:19pm
no they sure don't lack options, lol, but watch for the 1333MHz to be dropped off soon, when the difference in price becomes obsolete, of course you want to go with 1600MHz if the difference is under $40, for that price why not?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 1:30pm
To me faster ram is nice to have, but thats preference not performance, to games faster ram makes no difference

Edited by DST4ME - 19 Jun 2009 at 1:30pm
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:04pm
right now 1600 is only about 11$ more per GB. if u get 3 x 1  GB now its only 33$ if u get 3x2 gb its only about 70 $ more
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vipersneak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:34pm
It is faster in games if the CPU oc is higher.
Intel i5 3570 @ 4.0 GHz
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB
nVidia 670 FTW
120 Gb Corsair GTX SSD
800 watt Corsair GS PSU
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 3:47pm
above 1600 x 1200 the cpu speed makes no difference or very little in games.

above 1200 x 1000, ram speed makes no difference in games.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vipersneak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 10:22pm
"above 1600 x 1200 the cpu speed makes no difference or very little in games. "
"above 1200 x 1000, ram speed makes no difference in games. "

And since ALL games perform exactly the same, even the ones not made yet, resolution of today's games is everything. How can you say that cpu speed doesn't mean anything in games that use over 1600x1200?  Have you tested next years games? 

DST, WoW and Crysis are not the only games that will ever exist.  Also, WoW was actually very CPU dependent when it first came out and CPU's weren't quite as fast as they are now.  Some of us actually expect new games with higher hardware demands to come out eventually.  And then there are those of us who dont give a $&^# if it makes a difference in games.  We want to go as fast as we can anyway. 

Your banter about what matters and what doesn't is actually preferrence, even though you call it performance.

Don't worry about how high you can get your CPU overclocked, DST says it doesn't matter.  RAM? Pffft. Will never make any difference in games.  But make sure you get that SSD so you can do a virus scan faster.

Computers are like cars to some of us.  Maybe we do not need to go more than 80 mph, but we like to know we can anyway.

Intel i5 3570 @ 4.0 GHz
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB
nVidia 670 FTW
120 Gb Corsair GTX SSD
800 watt Corsair GS PSU
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 12:48am
Have you tested the future games? no, atleast I'm going based on what I read about future games and the games out today, games out this year, games out last year, and games out year before that. Incase you have not noticed games are moving more toward multi core development and gpu, not cpu speed.

you want to waste your money of stuff that does not matter based on your own assumptions go ahead, some of us like to get what we need and not things that won't matter.

also I never said in crysis CPU and ram speed won't matter pass the mentioned resolutions, I said in most games and most games it don't, that includes, fear, far cry, cod, etc etc.

your example is irrelevant, because when things don't make a difference, thats like your car having a governer-chip that stops it at a certain speed, no matter what engine you put in there, you won't go pass a certain speed, the goverchip will stop you, in this case the governer-chip is the fact that the game won't run faster or better with higher cpu speed then 3.3GHz or faster ram then 1333Mhz pass 1600 x 1200. so you can put your pedal to the metal, the governer-chip will stop you at 80mph, even if you have a engine with 600 horsepower, you can't take advantage of that power till you remove the governer-chip.

that does not mean that if you had a game that could take advantage of the ram, the 1333MHz would not perform better, its not that you have hit the sealing with 1333MHz ram, its the fact that the game does not utilize the ram to that extent? why? cause the fu*king ram can only do so little so why bother, which is why game programmers program the games more dependent to GPU, only a few games are CPU dependent.

and my CPU statement was regarding CPU speed of 3.3GHz, above that in resolution of 1600 x 1200, CPU speed makes no difference.

I didn't decide to make it that way, thats just how they are, you are getting mad at the messenger.

btw what does you wanting to waste your money have anything to do with the facts? I'm just reporting the facts, you are free to waste your money on what ever you want, shoot, go get a skulltrail and drop 2 x 975 cpu at 3.3GHz in there plus 12GB of 2166MHz ram. that still is not gonna make any game run faster at 1600 x 1200 and above then a pc with 1 x 920 oced to 3.3GHz and 1333MHz ram.

that just how things work, I'm just reporting how they work, you wanna get pissy with me go ahead, but I'm not in charge of how things work. I'm just letting people know how things work.

you might as well get pissy with me over me saying 2 + 2 = 4, as if I decided that 2 + 2 = 4.

btw go read the thread again, I'm not the only one saying ram speed won't make any difference.

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 1:48am
venom View Drop Down

Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 1:27am
Originally posted by DST4ME

btw go read the thread again, I'm not the only one saying ram speed won't make any difference.

Agreed... Wow I think this is a first lmao.

Haven't tested anything yet, putting all my crap from my temporary case (my desk) into a CM Storm Scout.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 1:43am
This is a first

Edited by Alex - 27 Feb 2014 at 4:17pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vipersneak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 2:45am
Who cares if you are not the only one who said RAM speed will not make a difference?  My original question was would RAM speed affect how high the i7 will overclock.  If you can overclock the i7 higher with faster RAM, then indirectly, the RAM is making the system faster.  Maybe not in WoW.  But it is making the system faster.  Perhaps you do not care.  I do, so I asked the question.

You are saying that CPU speed will not matter anymore.  Intel can just stop making faster chips because we will not need them to be faster ever again.  All we need is faster video cards and more cores.  That's crazy.  Games will certainly develope that require faster processor speed than 3.3 GHz, or whatever your artificial number is.  Good thing that Intel did not listen to you back when they had 80386 CPU's.  DOOM couldn't keep up with them they were so fast.  Why would anyone want more than that?

There is no governer on technology.  Whether it be games, CPU's, RAM or whatever.  Hardware will continue to get faster, and games will continue to need more speed.  

My reference to computers being like cars is a good one.  Perhaps not with WoW, or with many games on the market today.  But some people like to attain high benchmarks with 3DMark Vantage.  Just like some people like to see how fast they can get a car to speed.  Sure you don't need to go 200 mph, but some people like the fact that they can, even if its only on a race track (Vantage).

If your ONLY goal is to make todays games run at a certain max fps, then yes, in a lot of cases higher CPU or RAM speeds do not matter.  Didn't I read somewhere that you are trying to get 4x SLI?  Why?  It wont make games go any faster.  And if it does, you will not notice the difference unless you are not human :P

Heck, why even buy an i7 at all?  A Q6600 will run all of todays games at fantastic frame rates with today's video cards.  Should we have all stopped there and just said faster CPU's are just a waste of money?  We could have.  But no one here believes that.  We all have i7's if we have purchased a computer from DSO recently.  I am sure you have an i7.  Do you need it for todays games? No, you wasted your money.

Edited by Vipersneak - 20 Jun 2009 at 3:11am
Intel i5 3570 @ 4.0 GHz
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB
nVidia 670 FTW
120 Gb Corsair GTX SSD
800 watt Corsair GS PSU
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 4:17am
you are being ridiculous now.

first off with i7 and 1333MHz ram you can reach 5.0GHz if you really wanted to, which nobody does that unless you have crazy cooling, so unless you have something better then 12cm rad in frostbite liquid cooling your higher speed ram does nothing.

Intel did hit a cap at 4.0GHz which is why you don't see a 4.0GHz CPU anymore, it is exactly for that reason why Intel and other chip makers started with multi cores.

GPUs do make games run smoother, quad sli for a 2560 x 1600 is needed but a CPU at 4.5GHz won't run any games any faster at that res, so yes you did see me say go quad sli to somebody but that is because they needed it to have a smooth gaming experience at that res.

i7 are proven to do better then past CPUs by 10 to 40% due to the CPU itself being better not the speed.

so if you want to benchmark then yes your higher speed ram will give you a higher score, too bad it wont' make any difference what so ever in real life use like in games.

but before you go around worrying about what the ram can do, go find out if you have the cooling to achieve the supposed speed you want to reach, cause a single 12cm rad ain't gonna get you anywhere near the cap of 1333MHz to begin with, let along your Noctua.

and as mentioned by two other people the reason ram might make a difference is the flaw in 920 not the 1333MHz ram, if the 920 shared the same specs as a 975 but still had a 2.66GHz speed then a 1333MHz could carry the OC even higher.

now unless you got extreme cooling, stop dreaming about being able to go faster with faster ram, you can't and people who want to go faster then 4.2GHz don't get a 920, they get a 975, in which case ram is not the first deciding factor.

so in short is ram the first deciding factor in i7 for higher OC the answer is no, first deciding factor is the CPU itself, second is the cooling solution, third is ram, however with 1333MHz ram and a 975 CPU and a triple GTX rad and proper water-block you can get very high, but ram is the third factor on the list and its not the deciding one. cooling and CPU are the deciding factor, if you don't have those your ram won't help you. Of course for benchmarks higher ram is better, but I have repeatadly said to people who want gaming rigs that:

"above 1600 x 1200 the cpu speed makes no difference or very little in games. "
"above 1200 x 1000, ram speed makes no difference in games. "

cause it don't.

I have never told anybody that wanted a benchmark rig that faster ram and higher cpu speed won't give them a higher score.

you show me what cooling you are using then I will tell you if you need a faster ram then 1333MHz cause 222 x 21 = 4.66GHz, now show me what cooling you got that is going to allow you to achive that first, then we will discuss faster ram.

before you worry about if your car will go 200mph, you first need to learn to drive it that fast, do you know how to OC your CPU to 4.7GHz stable? cause if you don't then ram is the least of your problems.

games may require more speed in the far future, but if they want faster then 4.4GHz then games better also come a cooling solution that will let you cool your CPU and keep it stable for that speed, till then 1333MHz ram in a 920 has you covered.

If you really wanted to get CPU that is fast then why did you choose a 920 and a Noctua NH-U12P? did you think your 1600MHz ram was more important then the CPU and cooling? you think the 920 and Noctua is gonna get you anywhere near the 1333MHz sealing that you keep saying you want to know that you can go faster? this is like putting a 400HP engine in a car with fan directed at the engine for cooling and no radiator, you think you car can go fast? go ahead, give it gas and watch your engine burn out. you got a 920 with a 3.8 oc and 80c load temps, what faster are you talking about? lol any faster and you are in danger of blowing your cpu.

BTW yes, Hardware will continue to get faster, and games will continue to need more speed, also one day we will all be flying cars that fly, and develop warp speed, and there will be robots with AI intelligence, and we will be able to travel to other solar system, but what does any of that have to do with today or the next 3 years?

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 5:28am
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Vipersneak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 8:15am
I am not going to argue any of what you just said.  If your answer is no, great.  My question was to DSO (though any input is appreciated) about if they have been able to overclock an i7 920 higher with higher speed RAM.  Did RAM speed, in real life, make a difference in an actual overclock attempt for a customer.  THATS IT.

So, for example, someone orders an i7 CPU with a V8 and 1333mhz RAM and wants an overclock to between 3.3 and 3.9.  DSO was able to get it overclocked to only 3.4 GHz stable (for whatever reason).  Have they ever actually tried putting in 1600mhz RAM and seen that they could now get the i7 920 to 3.7 GHz.  I am not trying to get to 5 Ghz on air, or break any speed records.  In fact, personally, I am not trying anything.  

Nevertheless, my analogy about a car is a good one.  The challenge for some people is to get their computer to go as fast as possible within their budget.  Just like cars.  If you don't get it, I am sorry.

I do not even know why I argued your other irrelavent points in my previous post.  I do not really care what you think. So, as a DSO customer, unless you can add something quantitative or substantial toward answering my questions, I respectfully request that you save your other comments for those who appreciate them. 
Intel i5 3570 @ 4.0 GHz
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 MB
nVidia 670 FTW
120 Gb Corsair GTX SSD
800 watt Corsair GS PSU
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:23am
DST, it has been discussed here many times that 1333Mhz on the ram will limit the B clock to 222. So you are not going to get 5ghz on an 920 at 1333Mhz on the ram. Stop spreading B.S. It has even been posted in the thread. Your beloved 1333Mhz ram does has limitations, get over it, and stop spreading B.S.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Vipersneak

So, for example, someone orders an i7 CPU with a V8 and 1333mhz RAM and wants an overclock to between 3.3 and 3.9.  DSO was able to get it overclocked to only 3.4 GHz stable (for whatever reason).  Have they ever actually tried putting in 1600mhz RAM and seen that they could now get the i7 920 to 3.7 GHz.  I am not trying to get to 5 Ghz on air, or break any speed records.  In fact, personally, I am not trying anything.  

The example you give here, it would depend on the lowest available multi for the ram. Some boards it is 6 some it is 8. If it is 8 then the 1333 Mhz ram would limit the OC to 3.5 Ghz, and 1600 Mhz would allow for an OC of 4.2Ghz, if the chip and cooling was able to go that high.
If the boards lowest multi is 6 then with 1333 Mhz on the ram,  the ram would not be the limiting factor until 4.6ghz, and 5.5Ghz for 1600 Mhz ram.

Edited by justin.kerr - 20 Jun 2009 at 11:32am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:47am
Justin even you yourself said that you could reach 6.0GHz with 1333MHz ram. my comment about 5.0GHz comment was if you really wanted to you could, I never said it would be a good idea, basically the same statement you made.

Originally posted by justin.kerr

you could reach 6Ghz with 1333Mhz ram, not that you would want to, because your benchmanrks would be crap. lol

read the rest my of my post and you will see I said 222 x 21 = 4.66Ghz

if I'm spreading BS then you spread a bigger one.

Also I never said 1333MHz does not have limitations, I said before you get to its limitations you need cooling that can get you there.

read my posts before you respond, you are back at just responding without reading my posts again.

You know when I respond to you I don't say justin stop spreading BS, I thought we were getting along well there, I don't appreciate your tone in this post, if you want to continue with that tone we can but I thought we were pass that.

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 11:49am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:50am
when I said 6Ghz I was also refering to the 965, 975 chips, not the 920. So don't pull that crap. lol
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:52am
where did I say the 920 and 1333 can get you to 5.0GHz? how about you read my posts and you don't' pull that crap?

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 11:57am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:52am
Now it is time for group hug.  Big%20smile
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:54am
now its time for you to to apologize then a group hug

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 11:56am
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote justin.kerr Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 12:02pm
you first. SmileEmbarrassed
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 12:18pm
OK, justin I'm sorry you falsely accused me of BSing without completely reading my post.

now its your turn to apologize to me

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 12:18pm
inferno23 View Drop Down

Quote inferno23 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 2:07pm
so justin  what memory do you recommend for any1 wanting a oc higher than 3.6

or 2000
?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 2:12pm
as mentioned the sealing for 1333 is 4.6GHz, but first you need proper cooling, the regular frostbite won't do, 1333 can easily get you to 3.8, 4.0, and 4.2GHz with a 200 B clock.

if you are looking to go pass 4.2Ghz then before memory you need to look at CPU and cooling first, once you got that figured out you can get a 1600MHz ram, but that is only if you have the cooling otherwise the ram is pointless.

Edited by DST4ME - 20 Jun 2009 at 2:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>