FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Critical process died blue screen endless loop

Post Date: 2022-11-03

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Merlin_ZM84 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Merlin_ZM84 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Critical process died blue screen endless loop
    Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 7:56pm
So as of 2 days ago, my pc restarted as I was playing Apex legends, I didnt think anything of it as I wasnt paying close attention to my surroundings and thought maybe my power just flickered off and back on real quick, so I loaded back into Apex and immediately upon landing in the map it did it again. And one more time after that. Then my windows automatically tried to startup in repair mode but never showed my profile at all when I went to try to repair my windows with the usb recovery drive. It showed no profiles at all, administrator or otherwise. So I formatted and reinstalled, bummer I know, today I played a game and got halfway thru it and it proceeded to restart again, only this time, my second monitor had green lines in it, so I uninstalled the latest geforce driver thinking maybe that was the cause or the last windows update and reverted to previous driver for both, it continues to do the restarting and blue screening saying critical process died, anyone else experience this?
Twitch.tv/Merlin_ZM84

DS Lumos
X570 plus
Ryzen 9 3900x
EVGA Geforce RTX 3060
32G Patriot Viper Steel @3600mhz

Quote Merlin_ZM84 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 7:57pm
The pc Is only a year old....3060 ryzen 9 3900x 32 mbps at 3600mhz patriot viper ram, incase that helps at all
Twitch.tv/Merlin_ZM84

DS Lumos
X570 plus
Ryzen 9 3900x
EVGA Geforce RTX 3060
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 11:55pm
Sorry you are having issues. Call DS for support. It might be the gpu going bad. Also remove any power surge strips and connect the pc directly to the wall outlet. The surge protectors sometimes don't help. If you need one get a reputable one. I use a ZeroSurge filter and connect my UPS to it.

Good luck and keep us posted.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:05am
check all connections and re-seat the graphics card.  do same with monitor(s) cables.  roll back your graphics drivers.  if you still get the green lines/dots you're gpu is probably failing. 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote Merlin_ZM84 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 2:28pm
So I tried all of the above. I got back into windows and everything seemed normal, loaded into a game and BAM, It fell flat on its face again and it fell on its face again and crashed, when my screen came back on I saw the blue screen again and "critical process died" we will restart for you, and then black screen, had to hold power button to turn everything off. I dont know what else to do, I wish I knew for sure what the issue was, bc I really dont wanna be without it for the time it takes to send it across the country and have it repaired, if I was sure it was a hardware component, it would be much quicker to just buy another gpu and replace it myself.Even as I sit here now and write this reply, its falling on its crashing just sitting on my desktop screen. I'm at my waist end w it honestly.
I have sfc scannow, i have chkdsk, I've reverted to older gpu drivers, I've monitored temps and nothing out of the ordinary has shown, I've formatted my ssd and reinstalled windows fresh, it just continues to crash. But its unable to repair from the startup menu or diagnose any issues in repair mode.
Twitch.tv/Merlin_ZM84

DS Lumos
X570 plus
Ryzen 9 3900x
EVGA Geforce RTX 3060
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 3:00pm
prob not software related.  sounds like a HW failing/failure issue.  call DS, see what they recommend.  if it's under warranty they should replace components.  they can ship you things like the graphics card, RAM, CPU, etc. w/o needing to ship the PC back to them (unless they want to troubleshoot it on their end).  if you have another pc, you can test your components inside it to confirm if it's a component HW failure. 

does your CPU have onboard graphics?  you can disconnect your GPU if so, and just test it with the CPU graphics.  you won't get the same performance, but you should be able to bypass the problems that would be associated with a faulty discrete graphics card.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote Merlin_ZM84 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 4:22pm
Yea, I just contacted support, they opened a ticket for me and said I should be contacted within 24 hours or so. Thank you guys for your suggestions, I appreciate you taking time to even reply to my issues. Your all legends 😎
Twitch.tv/Merlin_ZM84

DS Lumos
X570 plus
Ryzen 9 3900x
EVGA Geforce RTX 3060
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 6:02am
Hoping they can get you back up with as little fuss as possible. They're pretty good at it. Best of luck!   
 Post Reply Post Reply