FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CUDA GPU Rendering Configuration

Post Date: 2019-06-05

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
xb View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote xb Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: CUDA GPU Rendering Configuration
    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 8:23am
Why is there no mention at all of CUDA GPU rendering at Digital Storm?

I've been doing some research on systems capable of doing multi-GPU rendering using Octane Render.

I would like to build a system around 4 liquid cooled nVidia 2080 ti. In some instances, I expect the GPUs to be working for days at full power, hence my inclination for liquid cooling the GPUs. There are only a handful of companies offering liquid cooled GPUs, and Digital Storm is one of them.

I've configured the same 4x nVidia 2080 ti system from different companies. The main difference that I've found is that Digital Storm offers either MSI MEG X299 CREATION or ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA for the mb for 4 GPUs. While all other companies offer the Asus WS C422 SAGE/10G mb, which they offer for GPU render systems.

Can somebody explain why there is no mention of GPU rendering at Digital Storm and why they use the motherboards they use while others use the Asus WS C422 SAGE/10G mb?

Thanks!

Budget:

Expectations:
Stable and capable of running the 4 GPUs at full power continuously for a few days without over-heating issues.

Usage:
nVidia GPU CUDA Rendering

Special Needs:
4 GPUs

Edited by xb - 05 Jun 2019 at 6:31pm
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 12:24pm
Welcome to the forum xb.

You probably should ask Alex, the DS Management rep here on the forum.    [email protected].    Alex tends to get things squared away, and I’m sure he will take proper care of your professional CUDA build query.    DS builds both professional commercial and consumer top end systems, but most here on this forum will be high end consumer gaming rig users.    DS can build whatever you require.   
Let us know how it goes, as we all learn something from interesting builds like this one proposed....
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 1:48pm
Have a look at the following configuration, it has the motherboard and specs you are looking for.

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=2413957
 Post Reply Post Reply