FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Lynx Config Discussions

Post Date: 2020-07-28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FireCommander34 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote FireCommander34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Custom Lynx Config Discussions
    Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 2:15pm
Hi all,

I realize I probably should have asked this prior to the initial purchase, but better late than never!

I made the decision to purchase a customized Lynx last night. I'm currently in Phase 1 as of this afternoon. I'm a first time DS purchaser, first time gaming computer purchaser, and generally not the most tech-savvy person, but I understand some of the core concepts behind the equipment. I'm looking to keep the budget around $2,000 and to take advantage of the current $200 off offer, but if I need to go +/- I can definitely do that.

I work a lot, but I enjoy a few games when time allows. Mostly World of Warships / Tanks, Eve Online, etc. Nothing in the realm of what I believe to be very high-end graphic requirements. However I have a 6 year old who enjoys watching and I'm assuming at some point he can have some limited play time, but this will also be his school work station especially with all of the current COVID closures.

I want to make sure I have something that will be viable for a quite a few years, maybe even 10. The few games I play I would love to play on high+ settings (been on minimum settings for a long, long time now, ugh!) and have some additional power available incase my son or I get into anything higher end in the next few years. I'm not generally interested in VR nor do I think 4k is on our radar, and would be just fine with a 1080p monitor in the 27" range.

This is my current v2 build after chatting a bit with a rep this morning about SSD's, but looking for any feedback.

My main questions are:

1) Am I spending way too much or not enough for my needs?

2) the motherboard and processor? I really am not familiar with the specifics of what is best for our needs. When I started the customization it started with the i9 and this motherboard...

3) Graphics Card. These all say VR ready, and although Im not looking for VR, I want something fairly future proof? Is there something that's a "better bang for the buck?"

4) Thoughts on the overclocking process? I understand that it improves the top end performance of these parts, but I'm concerned about overall longevity.

5) We also need to have a wireless option as the wired connection in the house to where we will put the computer needs to be reconfigured. It will be upstairs from the current router, is this a decent wireless receiver?

I greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone with more experience in this realm! Thanks

Order Contents:
- Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3278096 Quantity: 1 $2,089.00
- -- PROMOTIONAL LIMITED TIME BONUS DISCOUNT: $200 Quantity: 1 ($200.00)

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-10850K (5.2 GHz Turbo) (20-Thread) (10-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-P / MSI Z490-A Pro (Intel Z490 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series (Supports up to an NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: Wireless PCI-E ASUS PCE-AC56 (Supports 802.11ac)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1660 6GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Add On Card: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, 6 Week Ship Estimate After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Sub-Total: $1,889.00
Tax (7.25%): $136.95
S&H:
Grand Total: $2,072.16

Edited by FireCommander34 - 28 Jul 2020 at 2:54pm
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 4:23pm
If you are in Stage 1 you can change your order.

I suggest an i7-10700K. You don't need the i9 based on what you said and the 10700K should be a fine processor.

I would suggest the ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS / MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE (Intel Z490) (Up to 3x PCI-E) (No SLI)

16GB of RAM should be all you need.

With the saved money I did upgrade your GPU to the RTX-2060. That takes your total a bit above your build, but not by much. $2,171.00 - $200.00 will be $1,971.00

The CPU overclock to Stage 1 is free. Let them do that. Don't overclock the GPU. Don't have them play with Windows. However I always recommend Windows 10 Pro because you have more control over updates. That would be an additional $45.00. (Others often disagree with how I feel about this.)

This system will easily run graphics on High.

Have fun!!

Quote FireCommander34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 4:30pm
Great, I appreciate the feedback!

So the general idea is that I need less processor power and a stronger graphics card? Seems to make sense. There are so many card options, its tough to figure out which one is right!

The 2060 was the super version?

I ended up with the regular 2060 at $2,080 and the Super @ $2,171 like you mentioned. Is the $100 difference notable?

Again, thanks!

Edited by FireCommander34 - 28 Jul 2020 at 4:37pm
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 5:57pm
The 10700K will be future-proof. If you have any thought whatsoever about 1440p graphics in the future than the 2070 Super makes sense. If you plan at staying at 1080p the 2060 will be fine.

There are new cards coming out in a few months. You can wait and see what the price difference of the GPU or go with a 2000-series.

A 2060 will get you pretty high FPS on a 1080p monitor. The card can also do 1440p at 60 FPS. If you play competitive games FPS is more important than 1080p vs. 1440p. So you can decide your degree of future-proofing.

Quote FireCommander34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 6:25pm
You rock! I'll toy around with the changes on the configurator and contact customer support in the morning.

Thanks again!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 3:43am
John18 has steered you right. Just to be clear, the difference between the two CPUs is just the two extra cores. They will do nothing for gaming. Actually a waste of money IMO. The 10700K will be equally fast for your purpose, and will last many years for a strong gaming rig. I agree with the vanilla 2060 for your GPU. It will game very well at 1080p, and will be less painful to upgrade whenever you feel the need.

Quote FireCommander34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 7:40am
Thanks for the feedback. That goes along with what the Digital Storm customer service rep told me this morning, and that this years i7 is just as powerful as last years i9. Crazy.

So I was able to make the changes as noted. Only a +$5 adjustment which was great.

The customer service rep did recommend the 2060 SUPER but I liked your idea of going more modest now and maybe upgrading down the road. And it seems like the stock 2060 is perfect for my needs.

I can't thank both of you enough!
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 12:20pm
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:15am
Originally posted by John18

The 10700K will be future-proof. If you have any thought whatsoever about 1440p graphics in the future than the 2070 Super makes sense. If you plan at staying at 1080p the 2060 will be fine.

There are new cards coming out in a few months. You can wait and see what the price difference of the GPU or go with a 2000-series.

A 2060 will get you pretty high FPS on a 1080p monitor. The card can also do 1440p at 60 FPS. If you play competitive games FPS is more important than 1080p vs. 1440p. So you can decide your degree of future-proofing.
John, not to argue but "future proof" is really a myth.  you buy what you can afford that will last you a good 5-6 years and by that time you're on to an entirely new platform and new build. 

Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Gigabyte G1 Z170X Gaming GT
16GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Samsung M.2 980 Pro 2TB;Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus OC 10G LHR
Gigabyte M28U 4K
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 3:21am
Originally posted by FireCommander34

Thanks for the feedback. That goes along with what the Digital Storm customer service rep told me this morning, and that this years i7 is just as powerful as last years i9. Crazy.

So I was able to make the changes as noted. Only a +$5 adjustment which was great.

The customer service rep did recommend the 2060 SUPER but I liked your idea of going more modest now and maybe upgrading down the road. And it seems like the stock 2060 is perfect for my needs.

I can't thank both of you enough!
man, i wish i'd seen your build post earlier or you had waited longer on feedback.  that's still a lot of proc at over $400.  you prob could've met your needs with a $200 range proc based build.  you don't seem like a "power user" to me.  i'm the poster child around here for over-spending on a DS system but i felt i just had to have an Aventum 3-it's as much a showpiece as it is useful tool-but i digress.  i just kinda came back to the forum community here after a long absence.  i get kinda conflicted pushing mid range budget builds because they hit DS' profit margin but i see a lot of people spending way too much on builds here for their stated needs/wants.  anyway, i'm sure you'll love your new pc when you get it!
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K

Quote FireCommander34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:11pm
Hi DB, thanks for the feedback. Out of curiosity what changes would you have recommended? I do enjoy hearing peoples opinions and experiences on something I'm not an expert on for sure.

I definitely could have gotten something cheaper and slimmed down. When I originally decided to get a new computer, I was thinking about $1k range. So I started looking after my previous laptop died a few weeks ago after it fell and we needed something before my sons school year got into full swing.

For the Lynx, I bet one of those $999 or $1200 ones would have been just fine, especially for current planned uses. I actually had pulled the trigger on an MSI off amazon that for around $1500 had pretty similar specs as to what I'm buying here, just air cooled.

But I suppose part of me thought if I'm going to spend about 75% of what I would have spent on a fully customized and probably overpowered digital storm computer on another brand that was upgraded by some Amazon company, I might as well just go for it, and I cancelled the MSI. Truth be told the money is less of an overall issue as just wanting to get something well built by a trustworthy company that fully supports the product. If I went a bit overkill for my kid to play minecraft, I guess I can live with that, haha!

I have a good feeling that we are going to love it as well. So far it seems like a great product based on the community feedback!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:12am
As he has commented in several posts, he would suggest less processor. Just stepping down to an i5-10400 would save $283, but cost you $200 in lost discount. There is no discount below $2000.

You would do fine, if you wished, to go for a Lynx level 3 at $1299. You would have 16GB of RAM, have a smallish 250GB SATA SSD as your primary drive, and a single fan all-in-one liquid cooler. The processor would be around 6% stronger than an i5 10400, but not so much less than the i7 10700 that you would even know. Everything else would remain as is, and you would save a ton.

You don't need 16GB of RAM, and the single fan cooler will be fine. So the only thing really missing is an NVMe SSD as your primary drive. That is a whole lot of performance, but the SSD will seem fast and responsive to you on arrival. An NVMe is game-changingly faster, but you won't have anything to compare it to. This might daunt you, but the mobo that comes with a Lynx 3 has an M.2 slot for an NVMe. One of those is about the size of a small pocket comb and plugs into a slot on the front of the board. A single screw fastens the opposite end, and there are no wires or cables to mess with. You could Google a few videos to see if you could manage that yourself, but I'd bet you could get someone to help you, or pay for one to be installed for probably less than $200 including the drive.

With or without an NVMe, you would still have the well built rig by a trustworthy company fully supported. With Lifetime Support, they would be happy to walk you through the NVMe install over the phone! Just a few thoughts.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 4:34am
if i were building it myself i could spend around $1,500 and get a rig that could handle most games at decently high settings at 1440p. 

so a 2k vendor built job isn't unreasonable.  lots of people like the relative hassle free experience and security of having a company like DS build it for them for a premium.  nothing wrong with that. 

as for specific changes that proc is still in the $400 range so that's definitely 1 thing i would've cut back even further on.  like i said, a $200-ish price proc like the 3600X (6 core) with a B450 mobo.  i'm absolutely in favor of splurging on graphics+monitors just don't want to bottleneck anything.  a little higher into the $200-300 range procs are the 3700X (8 core) from AMD and the I5-10600k (6 core) from Intel. 

i believe the AMD procs come with their own cooler, so unless you plan on oc'ing that should be sufficient.  or spend $20-30 on an after market CM hyper 212 air cooler. 

with my changes it's about $1,731.  ask DS why they don't offer any B450 mobos in their builds, you can save even more not being forced to buy an X570. 
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:49am
@db188: no disrespect, I recognize the breadth of your expertise, and value your presence. Thanks for rejoining us here. DS stopped offering the 400 series chipsets when AMD announced only the 500 series would support future gen procs. Seemed like a good decision on their part on behalf of all AMD customers.

I don't think it's helpful to recommend parts that are not available.

Quote FireCommander34 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 8:02am
It's interesting to learn how important the graphics card selection is over the processor (at least in terms of gaming). I suppose I always thought that the processor was the most key component and certainly that an i9 must blow away an i5 and even an i7. And my assumption that you can't have a good graphics card without having a good processor, but it seems the two are not hand in hand. So I could do an i5 with a 2000 series graphics card?

I did find some references out there that showed the performance of each individual processor, and then your comment that its 6% better puts it into perspective, but its still hard to put it in terms of how does that affect the overall gameplay and performance of what I'm going to use it for.

Spending $700 less and still meeting the objective is something to consider, but the budget is a lesser of my priorities. I do like the look of that Velox case better so maybe I could save and get that. I'm torn. I'm generally a pretty conservative spender, and don't buy myself anything overly fancy or unnecessary. I guess I was partly excited to get something fully tricked out for a change.

Cretae, I've read a few of your comments about the NVMe and how great it is, and I feel like that is a must have if it improves boot up times / etc. So I'm perfectly happy to just have it built with it installed already, and I'd much rather have the 500GB. In fact my v1 build was a 1TB SSD but then your comments encouraged me to change it up.

I'll play around with a few config's based on these recommendations and see what numbers I come up with.

Edited by FireCommander34 - 31 Jul 2020 at 8:02am
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 10:59am
I got an e-mail about your response, so here I am.

Times have changed. CPUs are overpowered for gaming today, but one bought now will gradually come more in line with what's needed as time goes by. It is my PERSONAL opinion in light of 35 years of gaming on desktop PCs that the Intel i7 10700K is the best investment one can currently make for a rig that may last 8+ years if you want it to. I can't be quite so sure about an i5, or a 6 core AMD. 5 years, maybe six? I've spent a great deal of time on the Forums for the last 2 1/2 years, and the number of repeat customers coming back after 8-10 years is remarkable. That was my experience as well, so that's my target. There's no guaranty a rig will go that long without many parts turning over, but it's not unusual here. That's just a fact.

In that time, you will probably want to upgrade a GPU at least once, but they are awfully powerful these days as well. In my experience, I do not project the need for any other upgrades FOR GAMING. Why? Game publishers will sell far more units if they don't make it impossible to play on older equipment. It's been awhile, but I saw a survey that said 65% of Steam customers still had a dual core processor. Virtually every game in existence will run on no more than 2 cores. Some games CAN use more than 8GB of RAM, but I don't know of any that REQUIRE more. So if you get 16GB now, I'll bet it will be plenty 8 years out. If they come out with faster storage than an NVMe, so what? An NVMe on a new rig is INSTANT response. Click - it's open. It's a little ironic when I use my SATA SSD (the "slow" one) to load games, the game tips I've always found useful don't stay on screen long enough to read!

So, you decide how long you want a system to last, and build to that. The longer, the riskier, but 8 years is not unusual. My original DS rig went 7 3/4 years without a single part failure, and I ran it 24/7 when I was not away from home!   
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Cretae

@db188: no disrespect, I recognize the breadth of your expertise, and value your presence. Thanks for rejoining us here. DS stopped offering the 400 series chipsets when AMD announced only the 500 series would support future gen procs. Seemed like a good decision on their part on behalf of all AMD customers.

I don't think it's helpful to recommend parts that are not available.
thanks for the update on the WHY of it.  but that's faulty info they're putting out for a reason not to carry the product.  AMD pivoted on that decision right after they made it, according to this article>https://www.pcworld.com/article/3543777/amd-b450-x470-motherboards-will-support-ryzen-4000-chips.html.  why did they do that, because of the outrage and the fact that the much more expensive X570 isn't a technological necessity. 

also, why aren't they supporting B550 then if they don't want their customers to have to go thru a bios flash upgrade on B450? 

let me just expound on this a bit.  the bulk of their business is going to be with customers who are on a tight budget looking to build a mid range system.  it's not asking too much for a boutique computer company to carry a wide range of customization options, especially in their "custom" range of base line product.  they already offer a fixed cost, non customizable range, however, only 1 system is AMD based. 

i've had discussions with them in the past about this subject, btw.  some of this could just be the limitations with their vendor partnerships. 

Edited by db188 - 31 Jul 2020 at 4:50pm
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:34am
@db188: Wow, that's great on AMD's part, I totally missed that announcement. I'm actually impressed.

To be clear, DS never said anything when they dropped the 400 chipsets, but it happened right after the 500s were announced as the future for AMD procs, so we assumed. Supply could be the story since the change, or they just decided to stick with the decision they made. To be fair, the base Asus 570 is priced about the same as the Base Asus Intel board, so they don't compete with each other. I think that might be key.

You raise some very interesting points, but here's what I think I know from 3 years of daily presence on the Forums. Most customers do not appear to be on a tight budget. I really wish they were because they always try for so much more than they need! It's a damn shame so many are stuck waiting for the 10900K they don't need!

The majority are uninformed, and they tend pretty hard not to trust AMD because they just can't believe they have roared back so strongly.

I think keeping the two brands competitive on the site is perhaps the thing. As you mentioned, it could be a balancing act they have tried to perfect to hit certain production numbers to get the pricing that works.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 11:18pm

@db188: Wow, that's great on AMD's part, I totally missed that announcement. I'm actually impressed.

To be clear, DS never said anything when they dropped the 400 chipsets, but it happened right after the 500s were announced as the future for AMD procs, so we assumed. Supply could be the story since the change, or they just decided to stick with the decision they made. To be fair, the base Asus 570 is priced about the same as the Base Asus Intel board, so they don't compete with each other. I think that might be key.

You raise some very interesting points, but here's what I think I know from 3 years of daily presence on the Forums. Most customers do not appear to be on a tight budget. I really wish they were because they always try for so much more than they need! It's a damn shame so many are stuck waiting for the 10900K they don't need!

The majority are uninformed, and they tend pretty hard not to trust AMD because they just can't believe they have roared back so strongly.

I think keeping the two brands competitive on the site is perhaps the thing. As you mentioned, it could be a balancing act they have tried to perfect to hit certain production numbers to get the pricing that works.

trying to pull some Intel level BS after they said they'd stick to their historical model of supporting older chipsets was a doomed attempt to sneak that by everyone.  the fact they even tried to says something. 

back in the day DS' most popular build was equivalent to the Lynx line, i can't remember the name of it, but it was either a level 3 or 4 in the line.  it was a very good value price point for people on a budget.  i remember pricing it out and i think DS only made a couple hundred bucks on them over retail.  and for that people got a great warranty and piece of mind and didn't have to build it themselves. 

i came to DS for 2 reasons: 1. they were local-ish. i'd had some bad shipping and customer service experiences with a boutique builder competitor.  2.  after i got a look at their Aventum 3 at CES or something i had to have 1 for myself.  i can't imagine they moved many of those though.  
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 4:26am
That would be the Vanquish? They sold them side by side with Lynx until they used up all the Vanquish cases. IMHO, the Lynx 3 is killer for $1299. All you could need for 1080p for a very long time. So easy to use that one M.2 slot for an NVMe SSD that would bring that rig to a very high level. The Level 4 does the same for 1440p. They sell a ton of those judging from the "waiting" threads.
db188 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote db188 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 3:00pm

That would be the Vanquish? They sold them side by side with Lynx until they used up all the Vanquish cases. IMHO, the Lynx 3 is killer for $1299. All you could need for 1080p for a very long time. So easy to use that one M.2 slot for an NVMe SSD that would bring that rig to a very high level. The Level 4 does the same for 1440p. They sell a ton of those judging from the "waiting" threads.
yeah the Vanquish line.
Aventum 3
I7-6700K
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W
Gigabyte M28U 4K
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
I'm just glad AMD is competitive again so it spurred Intel along. Personally I am running a R9 3900x in my current rig that I built and I love it. CPU clock speed doesn't matter as much when gaming at 3440x1440 and my CPU does great when Streaming and gaming or whatever else I want to do lol.

I loved my old DS rig because it got me over my fear of water cooling when I had to do the maintenance on it lol.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
 Post Reply Post Reply