FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customer Review

Post Date: 2007-08-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Larry View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Customer Review
    Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 8:11am
I just found this article/review that I thought you all would be interested in seeing.

jkornhiser View Drop Down

Quote jkornhiser Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Aug 2007 at 12:08pm
The article echoes my sentiments.

I went searching for a gaming PC for my brother last Christmas, and came across Digital Storm while searching through Google results......

I was immediately impressed with the pricing vs. component value, the Wow factor of the case aesthetics, and the abiliity to customize models with the latest and greatest. Never hearing of DS before though, I was a little wary. My last PC purchase was from ABS, and while it has been a faithful companion, it just wasn't built for gaming.......and I wanted to make sure that my brother got something that would deliver the high-level experience.

There were a couple of hiccups along the way during the build and I had a little difficulty getting someone's attention, but once that peak had been crossed, it has been a great experience from there. The computer was delivered just slightly behind the projected schedule but once unveiled, it packed all of the ooos and ahhs I had expected, and delivered a superior gaming experience. My brother was severely impressed and has been yammering in my ear pretty consistently about how pleased he is with the system. Unlike with his previous computers, he has not called me once (in the past 8 months) to resolve a problem with this system.......and that's saying alot if it can stand up to everything he and his three kids throw at it.

I'm back in the DS neighborhood now because I'll be replacing my 4 year old ABS build very soon, and I'm interested in going to a more high-end system that can support my growing interest in renewing my relationship with gaming. Based on my previous experience, I had at that time and still would encourage DS to maintain a focus on customer service. They've got the quality product, very attractive warranty, and the bang-for-the-buck all squarely in their corner...........if they have escalated their committment to service, then they'll definitely get my vote, and future recommendations.

Keep up the good work guys.

-JohnK
MCSE, CCNA, BSIT
Systems Administrator
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 2:42pm

Welcome back, a lot of changes have went internally in the company. We are now a super machine running on all pistons. We had to cope with growing pains.

Our priorities are definitely to help our customers (not just service them) and build the industry's best machines.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 2:42pm
Larry, thanks for the find! I posted this in the reviews section a while back as well.
jkornhiser View Drop Down

Quote jkornhiser Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Alex

Welcome back, a lot of changes have went internally in the company. We are now a super machine running on all pistons. We had to cope with growing pains.

Our priorities are definitely to help our customers (not just service them) and build the industry's best machines.

That's good to hear Alex. You folks are delivering a very unique experience that is in high demand, my only regret is that I didn't come up with the idea first Wink
-JohnK
MCSE, CCNA, BSIT
Systems Administrator
 Post Reply Post Reply