FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Customization

Post Date: 2024-01-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
camelfarmer View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote camelfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Customization
    Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 5:11am
I ordered my first DS system recently, an Aventum X. Do not need the drive trays, and reddit suggests calling DS and asking them to replace it with a second pump/rad. "they build custom PCs, they can do anything.". Multiple people claiming they had it done to their order.

So I call and the very helpful woman, after checking with her manager, says they cannot do that. And the implication I received is that they dont really customize beyond whats on the site (and custom paint, I guess?)

Now I turn to you for the truth! Do they actually offer customization and my request was just not doable, or is the internet lying for the first time in its history?

Thanks.

PS -- For such an expensive machine I expected email responsiveness to be better (one took six days to receive an answer; another inbox is full and not accepting new messages.) Calling is definitely the way to go if you need a timely response.

Edited by camelfarmer - 25 Jan 2024 at 5:12am
PcKiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote PcKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 6:32am
When I ordered my very first DS PC, they did do custom work. I had them put in 2 rads for my water cooling system. I asked for 2 420mm rads, but they only gave me 2 360mm rads everything else was good. They had put push/pulls fans on all the rads, and it was still quiet. That PC is still working great to this day, and that was over ten years ago. I did order a 2nd Gaming PC from DS. It should be here soon.

Edited by PcKiller - 25 Jan 2024 at 6:33am
I-5 14600 KF
ASUS Prime Z790-P D5
32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY Beast RGB
SSD M.2 2TB Samsung 990 PRO
RTX 4080 16GB
H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler
Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 by 1440
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 8:13am
here is something I've written on another thread that is extremely applicable here:

Originally posted by Snaike

I have the cure for that anxiety we all know so well. Take a moment and send your question directly to the man with the inside information. [email protected].

Years and years of experience tells us that he is one of the best Customer Service Managers in any field. Alex's interests and motivations are to create return customers for Digital Storm, not just sales. And he's very good, as I'm certain others will attest.

So, welcome to DS, get in touch with Alex and enjoy the ride. It's gonna be great.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Jan 2024 at 2:35am
+1

There used to be a frequent contributor, DST4ME, that had an extremely customized DS  pc. It doesn't hurt to ask Alex. He will let you know if they can and how much you will pay.

I don't know the plumbing with the new manifolds. Can you have a double loop system?
 Post Reply Post Reply