Post Date: 2020-05-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Menacely View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Menacely Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: DDR4
    Posted: 04 May 2020 at 3:50am
Is any other Ram able/compatible if I wanted to change the 16 Gb to a 32 Gb for better performance?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 May 2020 at 4:32am
You will most likely never need 32GB of RAM for better performance on your Lynx 3.

Only just recently have games come out that recommend more than 8GB of RAM for "better" performance. I am not aware of any game now that REQUIRES more than 8GB of RAM to run. That state of affairs is most likely to continue for a very long time. Game makers do themselves no favor at all to design games that outrun the typical system of their target market, and the "typical system" will run on 8GB of RAM for several years yet. After that, the typical system will contain 16GB of RAM for many years further, and games will be designed around that for perhaps a decade or more.

Having said all that, your system will come with both RAM slots populated (2x8GB), so you will have to buy 2 16GB sticks of DDR4 to upgrade. Your mobo will likely have an upper limit of the speed of the RAM it can use, such as 2666MHz. DS can supply all the information you'd need on that or it will be in the documentation with your system.

Rest easy though, because 16GB of RAM will do great for a very long time.

BTW, I think you said this system is ordered. If you want the "Certified Customer" badge, your Forum e-mail address must match EXACTLY the e-mail you used for your order (case sensitive).
 Post Reply Post Reply