FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did any of your graphics cards arrive with chips??

Post Date: 2019-04-09

 Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Did your graphics card arrive with small chips / scratches?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.45%]
10 [32.26%]
19 [61.29%]

Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 15 Feb 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 175
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Did any of your graphics cards arrive with chips??
    Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 10:46pm
My graphics card came in with a scuff. I’m hoping they can replace it


Edited by thedemoncowboy - 10 Apr 2019 at 11:39am
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 1:29am
My graphics card came in with zero issues.    The whole Lumos rig was right on.

Good luck.   
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7966
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 1:48am
I have ordered 2 systems and none had any blemishes that I noticed but really was not looking, just wanted to turn the thing on. I on the other hand, have added a few of my own. Tough using vice grips on fittings. LOL

Enjoy. Big%20Smile



Edited by hoserator - 10 Apr 2019 at 6:02am
Back to Top
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 23 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9462
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 5:40am
I feel there should be another option... for those of us who are oblivious to these things... the category that I would fall into.

I do not know/remember if my original card was chipped or blemished as I wouldn't have noticed. Nor the replacement 1070 I installed. Although I am aware of a few marks and blemishes on it once it was installed as I am a ham-fisted gorilla with absolutely no sense of subtlety or finesse. "I can make it fit with this here hammer and or snippers."   

But then again, that's just me.   
Back to Top
Uruvsuurt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 135
  Quote Uruvsuurt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 2:33pm
At first I thought the dude meant like a bag of chips, and I thought "man....that would be cool to get the new PC AND a bag of chip with the order".

My computer looks pretty freaking good and clean, so no chips here.
Back to Top
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 15 Feb 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 175
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 7:05pm
Well I’m happy for you that got your GPUS with no chips. I really hope DS helps me :)

Edited by thedemoncowboy - 12 Apr 2019 at 11:17am
Back to Top
Uruvsuurt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 135
  Quote Uruvsuurt Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 1:28pm
I've owned a few systems from DS over the past decade or so, and so has a few geek friends on mine. The issues that have arisen are far and few between, so much that I'd say non-existent. When anything has happened, every single problem or issues was made whole and taken care of.

You might have to be calm and wait it out, but you should be in good hands. Overall, it is a business that manufactures a product and sure things can go south, but they seem to actually care about what they build and the people they sell to, so hopefully this pep talk helps.

Good luck man!


Edited because my grammar stinks.

Edited by Uruvsuurt - 12 Apr 2019 at 1:30pm
Back to Top
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 15 Feb 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 175
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 6:24pm
Well thanks for the feedback. I hope digital Storm comes through for me. I’ll find out Monday when I hear back from Ron!

Thanks for all the feedback.
Back to Top
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7966
  Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:54am
Good luck and keep us posted. 
Back to Top
thedemoncowboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 15 Feb 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 175
  Quote thedemoncowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by hoserator

Good luck and keep us posted. 



Yes will do!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 9.960938E-02 seconds.