digital storm forums are slowly getting useless

Post Date: 2020-04-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johndeniel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: digital storm forums are slowly getting useless
    Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 5:47am
I mean no moderators, expert, or veteran even reply to your questions etc anymore. If you do ask too much because you're just being cautious they will even get pressed at you lol where is the good ol forums?
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 7:23am

Based on the above snippet (just a portion of the 100 posts you have made in the forums), I would disagree with your statement that no one in the forums has been responding to your questions/posts.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 7:28am
That is quite the observation. It is a customer served site and we try to reply as best as we can. Maybe you can also hang around and provide answers or support as best as you can. Through the years there have been some very knowledgeable members (bprat22, meller, DST4ME, etc. come to mind) and they continue on to other endeavors. We all acquire a bit of knowledge by just being here and try to pass it on.
I don't know what you mean by "pressed" but if you imply that the members in any way make the OP feel unwelcome by his/her questions, I have to disagree IMHO but like our non existent moderator states often, "that's why there's chocolate and vanilla" or something like that.
Just my 2 bits.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Online Status: Online
  Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 8:27am
No moderators?   

Ok...
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 10:17am
Some of yall barely respond to any recent questions or threads
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by johndeniel

Some of yall barely respond to any recent questions or threads

You say that as if any customer on this forum owes anyone a response in the first place? This is a customer forum, always has been. Everything offered here by users, be it a little, or a lot, is offered solely out of good will. This forum was never sold as, or purported to be a forum for official Digital Storm support. That is and was the official "Support" tab up top, which you'll see to the right of "Community" (where you are now). That Alex sometimes offers assistance via these forums does not negate the fact that this is a user-based space, and many manufacturers don't even offer that much. I do not disagree that the forum is slower than it used to be, but it's been this slow on several occasions I can remember since I first found the forum. As hoserator said, if this bothers you, then be the community support you wish to see. If you don't want to bother, then consider the irony of that. Big%20Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Apr 2020 at 4:43pm
I was bored okay. I just wanted to state what I feel about the forums specially when no one bats an eye on some of the threads
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 4:57am
Some of the threads don't have an answer. Who here has a "fan curve" for your new GPU? How'bout you ask your card maker?

Someone asked about "wireless sound systems for a computer". Uh, yeah, ever heard of Google? Why couldn't you step up and answer that one?

Don't you know if that guy with error code 0X80071A90 is gonna get his corrupted files back? I don't. Bat an eye, johndeniel. You're part of the Forum, too.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:09pm
Alright I know I've messed up. I apologize for posting such stupid thread. I'm not stable right now specially for everything that's going on in my life. I just wanted some questions to be asked from people who share the same experience or they've had experience. Google tells me things yeah I'll give you that but it's different when you actually ask or talk to someone who really knows what's this and that and sometimes it can get a little frustrated refreshing the page waiting for a reply or whatever. Again I'm sorry
GrandesBollas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GrandesBollas Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:35pm
Actually, this is not a stupid thread. A number of different customers just like you responded. We all have something to contribute. I like to think we do the best to help each other the best we can. When waiting for responses to questions posted in the forum, take a look at the number of views. That could give an idea of how many people actually saw your post.

In the end, there is no guarantee you will get the response you seek. Sometimes, searching is your only option. If we can help each other here, let's do it. An active and tight customer community is a good forerunner of purchase prediction. If you are satisfied with your DS purchase, you are that more likely to purchase again.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 4:38am

Alright I know I've messed up. I apologize for posting such stupid thread. I'm not stable right now specially for everything that's going on in my life. I just wanted some questions to be asked from people who share the same experience or they've had experience. Google tells me things yeah I'll give you that but it's different when you actually ask or talk to someone who really knows what's this and that and sometimes it can get a little frustrated refreshing the page waiting for a reply or whatever. Again I'm sorry

Calm down, johndeniel. Obviously something has frustrated you, and I appreciate that. It's okay that you let loose. Those of us who answered you are a bit frustrated, too, that we couldn't be all knowing, and answer all things. I have to pass when I don't know anything about a subject, and the others do, too. You don't want anyone just "shootin' from the hip" here. We all want accurate info, yes?

Don't take all the blame, and keep coming with your questions. Realize we have our limits that's all. We give it our best shot.

What have you decided you need to do about that coil whine?

Help us count to a million fer pete's sake!

Edited by Cretae - 11 Apr 2020 at 4:45am
NewJim2016 View Drop Down

Quote NewJim2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 11:17am
I would like to have replied to some of these post and others. However, my knowledge is limited, so most of the time I hold back so as to not give bad information.
First DS Computer: 2012
Second DS Computer: 2020

Jim J.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 11:36am
Hi, we're all friends here.
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Alex

Hi, we're all friends here.

The eye-rolling smile makes me unsure of this. LOL
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 12:51pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 5:19am
Ariktu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ariktu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 2:24am
Originally posted by NewJim2016

I would like to have replied to some of these post and others. However, my knowledge is limited, so most of the time I hold back so as to not give bad information.

At times I have googled information to try and help someone when I was not a sure myself.

It is not like we are all experts. We are mostly just customers who bought a great computer and then tried to help others from time to time.

So if you are not sure feel free to look around if you have the time and give those asking some links or information based on what you found.

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 6:56am
Groupie
Groupie

Quote johndeniel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Cretae

Calm down, johndeniel. Obviously something has frustrated you, and I appreciate that. It's okay that you let loose. Those of us who answered you are a bit frustrated, too, that we couldn't be all knowing, and answer all things. I have to pass when I don't know anything about a subject, and the others do, too. You don't want anyone just "shootin' from the hip" here. We all want accurate info, yes?

Don't take all the blame, and keep coming with your questions. Realize we have our limits that's all. We give it our best shot.

What have you decided you need to do about that coil whine?

Help us count to a million fer pete's sake!
Thank you for all your support and understanding. I wasn't in my proper mind at that moment so please let me offer my dearest apology. I decided to replace my evga 2060 super that has been giving me problems with a brand new rog strix 2070 super ocd. Yeah I spent a little more of an additional $300 but guess what, it's all worth it. Everything seems to be working fine now. I didn't even change my 600w psu and it's running the system with the new gpu flawlessly. Hands down to all the people in this forum who are doing and for those who did their part. You are all awesome! I may have said some stupid things but hey, digital storm is the one pc company that I will always come back to

Edited by johndeniel - 13 Apr 2020 at 3:30pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Apr 2020 at 6:17am
"It's okay that you let loose." Meant that.

Great result on your GPU upgrade and I'm pleased you are happy!

Now, help us count to a million.
 Post Reply Post Reply