FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Storm Laptop and Livestreaming

Post Date: 2015-05-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Qweeble View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Qweeble Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Laptop and Livestreaming
    Posted: 22 May 2015 at 10:49am
Hello guys, I've been considering purchasing a Digital Storm gaming laptop for a general upgrade and to gain the ability to livestream. My current laptop can not livestream due to the fact it has an nVidia GeForce GTX 850M and an Intel Integrated Graphics 4600 card. The only possible fix for that would be in BIOS and it did not give me an option to disable the Integated Graphics. I know that all mobile Intel processors come with the Integrated Graphics, I know there is no way around that, however, I was wondering if Digital Storm gaming laptops have the BIOS option to disable the Intel Integrated Graphics or something along those lines. Just in case this is useful, if I do purchase a laptop from Digital Storm, my laptop will have an Intel Core i7-4710HQ processor and nVidia GeForce GTX 970M video card (not going to state the rest because it is pointless). Also, in case this is useful, I'd be livestreaming with Open Broadcaster Software.

Thank you in advance.

-Qweeble
Roykirk View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 May 2015 at 8:05pm
Can you explain what the technical reason is that you can't livestream with your current laptop?  While a DS laptop will have newer CPU and GPU from your current one, it will still use the Nvidia Optimus system with both an integrated Intel and discrete Nvidia GPU, so it would be good to know whether it's a generational thing or a problem with Optimus.

I'm not familiar with livestreaming, but supposedly Nvidia's current cards are capable of it at least with Nividia's own system.  I don't know about Open Broadcaster.
 Post Reply Post Reply