FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Storm Order delay??

Post Date: 2020-05-29

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Robin0401 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Robin0401 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Order delay??
    Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:26am
I recently purchased a Level 2 LYNX on May 15 2020 and the estimated delivery was 10-15 business days but it’s already been 2 weeks or 10 business days. Was wondering if there’s been similar occurrences to others. And I got the confirmation email the 18th about the payment being processed and accepted but it’s been 10 business days and no updates whatsoever?
Muda muda muda muda muda!
TonloDaGreat View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote TonloDaGreat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:36am
I actually ordered a system on May 15th 2020 as well. 10-15 business days would actually put the order between June 5th and June 12th, as business days only include weekdays, and because Memorial Day is a calendar holiday that is also considered a non business day. I messaged and asked wether or not they were going to notify me when the process changes stages as I was a bit confused about that part as well.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 4:21am
Welcome to DS and the forums Robin0401 and TonloDaGreat!

One of the "get things done" folks, Alex, has stated that the emailed stages' messages are a little wonky during the COVID situation, but they are pushing to get as many machines out as safely as they can. He's also stated that they are doing their very best to meet the 10-15 day window. So, hang in there!

As a note, the 10-15 business day window begins on "payment acceptance", not on day of order. In most cases those are the same day but you never know, some things only banks can understand. If your orders and payments were on the same day, May 15, then today (Friday) is day 10. So with all good luck and intentions it seems that you should expect your machines to hit stage 7 (ready for shipping) at the latest June 5th.

Alex has said many times that if you have any questions, shoot him an email message ([email protected]).

By the way, Robin0401, if you wish to have that really cool "Verified Customer" badge just make sure that your email addresses for ordering and the forums match exactly (like a password) and it should pop up automatically.

Again, welcome! and hang in there.. the wait is well worth it!   
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:43pm
Happy to help.
Robin0401 View Drop Down

Quote Robin0401 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:59pm
Good to hear back so quick and was wondering for a while what was happening but it still says stage 1 for 10 business days but hopefully it progresses 6 stages by the 5th
smfcpa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote smfcpa Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:06pm
Mine was est. to take 20-25 business days (4 to 5 weeks). It actually took 1 day less than 2 months for it to be delivered to me. If you absolutely need a computer by a certain date, this isn't the way to go.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by smfcpa

Mine was est. to take 20-25 business days (4 to 5 weeks). It actually took 1 day less than 2 months for it to be delivered to me. If you absolutely need a computer by a certain date, this isn't the way to go.

But, at least in my case, customized orders of even HP, Alienware and others were taking extended periods while I was shopping. Since I still have a working computer I decided to go for the DS since I both expected a better build quality (and parts) and won't need to talk to tech support in India ever again.
Robin0401 View Drop Down

Quote Robin0401 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:13pm
The only bummer or nit pick I’ve had is for a better notification or update for news on the order instead of the same page for two weeks
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2020 at 5:14am
What do you say when the much needed shipment from halfway around the world is unexpectedly delayed? Will it be in tomorrow, or next week? How would you revise your estimate? The best they can do is guess, and when they do that, everybody acts like this is a business as usual environment.
one1two View Drop Down

Quote one1two Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:00am
I think a big step would be to somehow make it where, particularly if it is related to a part being unavailable, reaching out to the customer to let them know there has been a delay in receiving a specific component and from there either let them wait or offer then the chance to upgrade or downgrade as they see fit. That seems better to me personally than just having people hand over thousands of dollars then sit in the dark for weeks.

Edited by one1two - 30 May 2020 at 8:19am
WhoopEZ View Drop Down

Quote WhoopEZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by one1two

I think a big step would be to somehow make it where, particularly it is related to a part being unavailable, reaching out to the customer to let them know there has been a delay in receiving a specific component and from there either let them wait or offer then the chance to upgrade or downgrade as they see fit. That seems better to me personally than just having people hand over thousands of dollars then sit in the dark for weeks.

I agree 100% with this...
Codeblue009 View Drop Down

Quote Codeblue009 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:17am
I entered Stage 1 on April 13, 2020 and I am still waiting for my PC. I have received a tracking number now to indicate that I will receive my PC on June 3, 2020. When I order my PC it clearly states in the email on how long each stages take and that the process takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks to complete, not including shipping. I am a bit surprised to see people here saying 10 to 15 days. As you can all see from my order digital storm is delivering the PC within the 8 weeks stated in the email.
All I can say is if you are needing a computer immediately, I don't believe digital storm is the way to go. When someone builds a PC for you from scratch, it will take some time, so you have to take that into consideration when purchasing.
I hope you get your PC soon and that you will be satisficed with your purchase.
Robin0401 View Drop Down

Quote Robin0401 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 12:54pm
Lucky for you in getting a tracking numbers immediately and I never received an email detailing the process would take 6-8 weeks I received two separate emails within three days of purchasing. First one was confirmation and the second was notification that my order was in stage 1, never did I receive the 6-8 week time notice the only notice regarding time was the 10-15 business days
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:17am
The 6-8 weeks is for a fully custom build. It's way longer than the 15-20 business days it used to be for years until we had a world-wide pandemic hit. Workers have to lay off if they have a cough because it might be a serious thing that would shut down the whole business. Supply chains from everywhere, but especially Asia, are very unstable. The 10-15 business days is for the partially ready Lynx "Best Sellers".

DS is doing a fantastic job just to be operating at all right now and they are doing their best to adapt on the fly to daily disruptions. One of the things affecting communication is the office staff mostly working from home, so the normal information chain is broken.
Robin0401 View Drop Down

Quote Robin0401 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:49pm
How long does it take for the steps to proceed as since the 18th of May it’s still to this day almost 3 weeks later still in Stage 1 with no tracking number
WhoopEZ View Drop Down

Quote WhoopEZ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Robin0401

How long does it take for the steps to proceed as since the 18th of May it’s still to this day almost 3 weeks later still in Stage 1 with no tracking number

By tomorrow or next week the 12th you should have your pc by then... tomorrow is 10 business days for me... so I gotta to wait till the 12th until it ships out or the next week after that.. I ordered mine on the 22 and it processed on the 25th.. takes about 15-20 business days till it ships out... so you’re almost there my friend... I wish I was at the days you were at! The anxiety is getting real... I’m trying to stream and my followers are impatiently waiting for me to get my PC so I can get the ball rolling again!... anyways you’ll have your PC by the 19th of June latest... as long as it’s a lynx that is... if it’s custom then it’s 6-8 weeks wait time!
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:25pm
It really does depend on the parts. As others have pointed out power supplies have had a real issue getting made and shipped. Everything that could go wrong pretty much did across the entire industry.

Here is a video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0whCHfejM18
Robin0401 View Drop Down

Quote Robin0401 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 5:14pm
Let’s go bois we’re on Step 2 !
 Post Reply Post Reply