Digital Storm Reviews

Post Date: 2022-07-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wright View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote wright Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Reviews
    Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:48am
Hello all, I'm sending this post because of the bad reviews that Digital Storm receives. I know that no company is perfect. This thread is strictly about my dealings with DS. My first computer I bought from DS was a Hailstorm about 6 or 7 years ago. All I have ever done to this pc was keep dust out with extra filters that I made and no, it did not change the internal temp and the other and last thing I done was upgraded my Video card to a GTX 980ti. That's it and I still use it everyday since I bought it new. It may go out tomorrow but boy, I've got my moneys worth with this PC!!  I'm well aware that some people can get a lemon pc just like cars and boy do I know about some new cars that are lemons! lol.  I just ordered a new computer special built for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. DS has kept me informed on each stage it was in. I'm sure they do that for every customer. I am suppose to receive it Monday (7-11-22). If it turns out to be a lemon then I know that DS will make it right what ever it takes even if is a replacement. These PC's cost a lot of $$$$ and If you get one that arrives DOA or some other problem then sure it makes you upset and yes I'm human to and I would be upset too. But the thing is they have to satisfy their customer or DS would not still be in business for sure! 

I will keep you informed on my second computer from DS and let you know how it is and the performance is.
Hailstorm ll
i7 4770K OC
Z 87 Chip set
16 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
Stage 2 cool 240mm Radiator
GPU 1x GTX 780 3GB
Samsung 256GB SSD
1TB WD Caviar
Corsair 120mm performance fans
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:45pm
Around Christmas I bought my 2nd Digital Storm system shown in my sig block. I love it so far. I still have my 12 year old Digital Storm system that games pretty good after all these years. I only had to change a fan in all those years. I did upgrade memory & put a Titan GPU in it a few years ago.

Keep us posted on status on your new system as the days go by. We all love unboxing pictures or at least pictures of the system all set up and lit up. :-)

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:56pm
I’ve also had a good experience with DS. Two computers for myself, also one for each of my sons and all four run great. First one had the video card die in 2 years but replaced with a better one from warranty.   DS will replace with the same or better if old model not available, at least several years ago.   Updated video card in another and that’s it.   

Good luck.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 7:14pm
Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 5:34am
I've had two DS computers, and one for my daughter. They all have worked flawlessly out of the box. My first still works, but lagged pretty far behind the curve for gaming after 7.5 years, so I built another. I needed one fan in all that time. This one is still more than adequate with an i7-8700 six core CPU and a GTX 1070 8GB GPU, 16 GB of RAM. I did need a front case fan 3 years in. I think it cost me $14.

From a total time over the last 12 years of about six years on the Forums, The number of total busts delivered and complained of here are miniscule compared to thousands of systems that have worked as well as mine. I fully understand the profound disappointment with a faulty system, and the frustration with one that won't be easily diagnosed and fixed. Those are the worst.

Be assured that DS takes extreme care to send out every system in proper working order, down to burn-in and photographic evidence of all parts installed correctly and screen shots of performance to specs. When a build goes awry, it's something pretty unusual that happened after shipping in most cases. Alex, the director of customer service, has been here from the beginning, I think, almost a decade before me. He has demonstrated an unflagging desire to make every misbehaving system perform to the customer's expectations, WHATEVER IT TAKES!

If you have one, give him and his team the chance to make it right, and they will do so. In the mean time, let loose your disappointment and frustration if you choose, that's what the Forums are for. Just know from us veterans that satisfaction is their goal, and they will work very hard for it. Digital Storm shows an extraordinary dedication to service.   
wright View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote wright Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Onkel_Ken

Around Christmas I bought my 2nd Digital Storm system shown in my sig block. I love it so far. I still have my 12 year old Digital Storm system that games pretty good after all these years. I only had to change a fan in all those years. I did upgrade memory & put a Titan GPU in it a few years ago.

Keep us posted on status on your new system as the days go by. We all love unboxing pictures or at least pictures of the system all set up and lit up. :-)

Well my new DS PC just arrived and it is Tuesday the 12th and it is 3:45 PM CST and no damage on the shipping box at all! I'll make pictures of the opening! Stay tuned!  Big%20Smile
Hailstorm ll
i7 4770K OC
Z 87 Chip set
16 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
Stage 2 cool 240mm Radiator
GPU 1x GTX 780 3GB
Samsung 256GB SSD
1TB WD Caviar
Corsair 120mm performance fans
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 5:22pm
@wright

The Forum members including me will be ready with popcorn when the video comes out. Otherwise, we will just be happy to see the cool pictures!!!
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 3:10pm
Thank you for the kind words and support. The majority of all of our systems arrive without issues and are flawless, and it's unfortunate those customers don't come on our lovely community forums to share their experiences.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 Jul 2022 at 5:02pm

Awesome
DS,
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 3:16am
+1

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 1:11pm
I am so pleased to have enjoyed the benefit of gaming daily on Digital Storm performance systems for over 12 years. By the way, my 12 year old Digital Storm T-Shirt still fits and is something I wear proudly even today on special occasions.

This Forum & Alex's Digital Storm Professional Technical Staff amaze me in how they go that extra mile to ensure that their customers get what they paid for and often much more!

soulbringer View Drop Down

Quote soulbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 5:44pm
Just gonna chime in here. My name says newbie but if you see my join date you know Ive been a customer since 2008. 4 PC's later getting ready to order number 5 Ive had one issue with a PS which was fixed overnight. NOthing is perfect but they will make it right.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 6:36pm
I like the name soulbringer, it sounds so much better than soultaker. :-)

What kind of system will number 5 be?

I am on number 2 and got my first Digital Storm 12 years ago. Still a great machine and in all that time all I had to replace was a fan. :-)

Having a brand new one is like going from a decent family car to a sports car that you can enjoy just looking at even when you are not using it.

Quote soulbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 6:43pm
Config ID 4452759
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 6:56pm
soulbringer,

Beautiful system you have configured. I wish I would have been able to get the 12900 but they were just being offered after my system with a 5900 was already built and ready to ship.

I am not a good configurer myself and relied on the Forum before I finalized my order. I am sure there will be some comments on your configuration by the Forum crew.

You certainly will be impressed by your new system performance. It should be a screamer!!!

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 4:53am
Wow! Okay then.       

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 5:10am
Congrats. Awesome

Nice system and the only comment/question is about your Storage. Shouldn't you have the smaller drive for the OS as Storage 1?

Enjoy.
Smile

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 4:18am
I wasn't going to comment on that, but I do like a compact drive for OS and apps. That way when you have to scan the drive for bogies or upkeep, it's looking at 500GB, not a TB or more.

Quote soulbringer Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 1:12pm
If your talking about my config. I have a spare 1TB SSD that I will install and load the OS on after it arrives. Yes thats a little big still but Prices on drives are much cheaper now, it seems worthless to buy anything smaller.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Jul 2022 at 4:12am
That covers it. Well done. All the best.     
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 4:45am
Why don't you invert the devices and add your spare as storage. You are using an SSD instead of a Nvme for OS. Slower load speeds! The 2 TB 970 EVO Plus will  beat any SSD  no matter the size.
Just my opinion.
Enjoy.
Smile
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Jul 2022 at 4:48am
He's right. I thought we were talking about an NVMe SSD.
 Post Reply Post Reply