Post Date: 2018-12-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dev Patel View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Dev Patel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm Vanquish 7
    Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 2:40pm
K so I am 13 with no real knowledge about PCs. I’m looking to get my first and I really don’t know what specs to go for. Should I just learn to build one and do that or should I just go cheap and get a $700 gaming pc. I mostly want to run fortnite. I also want it to be able to handle a stream and a game at the same time. Is this pc capable of giving me what I want or am I going to have to make another move?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 3:21pm
If you don't know what you're doing, building your own is a tough way to go. Lots of little details to observe, and when you're finished if it doesn't work, what do you do? You really should have a guru handy to help you out until your own knowledge is sufficient.

The Vanquish level one ($700) will play Fortnite, and it's fine to get you started. The video is integrated into the CPU so it's not great, but enough for lots and lots of less demanding games.

When you find you're not doing so hot, it's a good, solid platform to upgrade to a video card later. My understanding is you would need a GTX 1060 6GB for streaming your game at decent frame rates. That comes with the Vanquish level 3 at $1399.

Hope it helps.   

P.S.... If you want more folks to help you, you should ask your next question on the "Configuration Discussion" section.

Edited by Cretae - 14 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
Dev Patel View Drop Down

Quote Dev Patel Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
I would do that but since it’s my first pc I don’t think my parents are going to let me go past $1000 u think I could build one to be compatible enough for something like that or other PCs as good enough
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:30am
I have been using computers since 1986. I have replaced a motherboard, a CPU, several video cards, a power supply, RAM and several hard drives. In my opinion there is no substitute anywhere for a Digital Storm built computer. There's just no substitute for having a full warranty on everything for a full year, which is the time frame for the vast majority of all parts failures. More importantly, they subject your build to rigorous stress- testing to make sure everything is working 100% before it leaves their building. Their customer service and support is second to none.

If you must have streaming from day one under $1000, the best course for you would be to order the Vanquish level one for $700, and go online and buy a GTX 1060 6GB for video. That will run around $250, and you're under $1000. A video card is easy to install. Since the level one doesn't have a discreet video card, you haven't spent anything on an extra part. the rest of the parts in the computer will work seamlessly with your new video card, and be a solid platform for several years. You won't do better anywhere for the money.
SnowandSand View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote SnowandSand Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Dec 2018 at 11:58pm
To answer a few questions yes building your own at this point is cheaper(if you hunt for deals), but there are a lot of things that go into it. I will say building a basic air cooled rig isn't hard, but as previously stated there are a lot of small details to pay attention to when assembling. There are advantages to going with DS also, such as when a part goes bad under their warranty you only have to deal with them rather than RMA a part from the manufacturer.

So it basically comes down to do you want something ready to go right out of the box with an easy warranty or do you want to have a project to tinker with and if you search for deals would probably be a bit stronger setup.
Hailstorm II(Retired)
R7 2700x
16GB Team Dark Pro @ 3200 CL14
Asus x470 CH VII Hero
Corsair Hx1000i 1000W PSU
250GB Samsung 850 EVO
1TB & 6TB WD - Black Edition
2x GTX 980TI Strix
Hydrolux Stage 3
 Post Reply Post Reply