FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital Storm, yea or nay?

Post Date: 2007-09-23

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lord Bobsworth II View Drop Down
  Quote Lord Bobsworth II Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Digital Storm, yea or nay?
    Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 6:33pm
So, after doing a lot of research on the 'net and after building three computers for myself I came to the conclusion that I need to purchase a machine from an actual company.

So I stumbled upon Digital Storm three days ago and have honestly been amazed by the PR they have. I really liked the little 'tour' of their facilities.

But, I want to hear it from people that own a Digital Storm rig; is it the right choice? I want a computer that will hold up for, hopefully, all of college (yeah, a desktop).

Bottom line - is it worth it?

Cheers,

Lord Bobsworth II
skyR View Drop Down

Digital Storm Apprentice

Online Status: Offline
  Quote skyR Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 6:37pm
worth it
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.
EdH63 View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote EdH63 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 6:46pm
I can only speak for all the support I read on their forums and the many conversations with techs and managers and changes I've made on my rig I'm having DS build (stage 2 by the way!). I don't doubt with the amount of care and attention they put into handling the PR of this business that my rig will exceed my expectations.

On this experience alone I would buy from DS.
Bill the Cat View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 11:49pm
My experience with Digital Storm has been nearly perfect.

To see a bunch of opinions, check out ResellerRatings.com.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 1:26am

Tell you what, give us a call, and tell us what you are looking for, you will instantly see the difference. We are here to make sure you are:

1. Getting the best for your money
2. Provide you with the best customer service
3. Be there with you the whole time you use our product (life-time toll-free in house technical support)
4. Test, re-test, and test everything to make sure we can iron out any issues with your machine before it leaves our hands.
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 8:23am
Yeah, DSO is almost too helpful Clap
Stonevulture View Drop Down

Quote Stonevulture Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 11:55am
I haven't received my computer yet (still stage 1) but my experience thus far has been extremely positive.

I'll admit, when I first set out to purchase a new computer, I initially thought I'd be going with a different integrator.  I sent their "sales" address 2 e-mails (which included my home phone number) and called them 5 times (getting voicemail each time without ever reaching a human being).

Since then, I have called DS twice (getting a person who could help me without transferring the call both times), exchanged over a dozen e-mails, configured a machine using the website, posted and received responses to questions on the forum, adjusted my config based on the helpful feedback, purchased a system, and continued to learn more about potential problems/solutions, performance tweaks, etc. by continuing to read the forums.

In all that time, the first integrator has yet to respond to my e-mails to their sales departments or return any of my 5 phone calls.

I'm confident I made the right choice.  :)
Phreak View Drop Down

Quote Phreak Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 11:29pm
Read here:

If that doesnt convince you then I dont know what will.Tongue

Edited by Phreak - 25 Sep 2007 at 11:29pm
inshadeoftree View Drop Down

Quote inshadeoftree Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 9:07pm
Good group, good hardware, good phone , good follow through.

600W Thermaltake,Intel Core 2 DuoE67502,nVidia650iCore2Quad,2GBCorsair,150GBWesternDigitalraptor 10K, NVIDIA 460 GTX, AirCooled Stage3,Blizzard Internal Lighting,Vista Home Premium

Grape View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Grape Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 9:25pm

Yes to DS...great customer service, great computer setups, good flexibility in what you order, and a great forum. Wink

Digital Storm Velox
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz Digital Storm
750W EVGA SuperNOVA
1x GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
500GB Samsung 850 EVO
Western Digital/Seagate 1 TB
tummy View Drop Down
  Quote tummy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 10:09pm

Even if your not happy with the final product from DS, being its damaged, its incorrect there was some unforseen issue or just in general, they will usually make good on it... I think its what we as a community of gamers have been looking for... A company which actually makes it easy for us to correct issues.. but in the long run, even if the cost hits DS for some problems incurrd, the long term gain from referrals and buzz will more than make up for it.  I want to say that I am 3-4 days away from receiving my machine, and I expect that it will be great...  But you know, even if it is not "perfect", I know the situation will be rectified,,, Its been some time where I have actually felt this way about a vendor.

RogerWIlco View Drop Down

Quote RogerWIlco Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 11:06pm
I definitly recomend this company.  Check out my inital system review here:

My system was damaged on arrival but Alex and the guys over at DS totally took care of the sitution and the product I recieved in the end is just amazing!
DS Twister LITE
C2D E6750 2.66GHz
nVidia 680i Core 2 Quad
2GB DDR2 Corsair
1 TB HDD 7200 RPM
nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
850W Thermaltake
Razer DeathAdder
Razer Tarantula   
Win7
Kenny View Drop Down

Digital Storm Engineering

Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 11:49pm
We're here with you !    &(*_~)&
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 11:58pm
And we also thank you for giving us a chance to take care of the issue instead of just canceling your order.

Originally posted by RogerWIlco

I definitly recomend this company.  Check out my inital system review here:

My system was damaged on arrival but Alex and the guys over at DS totally took care of the sitution and the product I recieved in the end is just amazing!
GeauxSaints View Drop Down

Quote GeauxSaints Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 4:01pm
The thing I like best about DS is that it doesnt matter if you're getting the best, most expensive PC or the lowest priced value, you still get the same great service and attention.  Can't wait for my PC to get here!
tirnaog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote tirnaog Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 12:34pm
These guys are cool!
I have not bought a PC from a company in decades. Always built my own.
I am telling ya now these guys built me a Pc that I could not have done better myself.
No crap SW, just what I asked for.
And the service is great. I had a bad motherbrd when it came, one of the memory slots was out. And when I called them I got a guy on first try. They got me up and going in no time.   They sent me a new one, then I had to send the old one back, but it didn't cost me anything and it was done very quickly.  Then when I was installing it, they walked me through step by step, even though it was almost 5pm on a Friday evening.

Your money is well spent when you buy from them! :)

Edited by tirnaog - 29 Sep 2007 at 12:38pm
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 10:57pm
I promised I wouldn't do this again, but....

All you guys who got machines this month, get off your ass and do a review at resellerratings.com!

I'm getting tired of reading my review over and over again.
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Bill the Cat

I promised I wouldn't do this again, but....

All you guys who got machines this month, get off your ass and do a review at resellerratings.com!

I'm getting tired of reading my review over and over again.

I definitely will post my review as soon as i get the case screws that Alex sent out Big%20smile It won't be here until Monday.

Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 2:35am
Just to help Bill The Cat from working up any further frenzy and choking on a hairball (Ack!) Tongue

Here's the linkage:
inshadeoftree View Drop Down

Quote inshadeoftree Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 2:34pm
I will follow through with a review ...but first we have to complete the transaction...my 'box' is back in San Jose  and being tuned up...I wont fail you Bill .....

600W Thermaltake,Intel Core 2 DuoE67502,nVidia650iCore2Quad,2GBCorsair,150GBWesternDigitalraptor 10K, NVIDIA 460 GTX, AirCooled Stage3,Blizzard Internal Lighting,Vista Home Premium

GruntMaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GruntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 4:24pm
I can tell you one thing for sure...there is a night and day difference in Digital Storm and Cyberpower. I bought a PC from CP and it was nothing but nightmares right up until the refund for that POS. Once the credit finally came I placed an order with DS on a Monday and they had the pc shipped on Friday of that same week. The machine has worked almost flawlessly. I had one loose headphone jack on the front panel which kind of sucks, but I can use the one in the back of the pc with no problem.

The best part of owning the DS pc is not having to use the technical support because of things not working well. Every time I load a game, they run as expected without problems...and if you spec them right...they haul *ss. My old Dell takes over 2 and half minutes to completely restart, my new DS restarts in under 50 seconds with XP home.

E6850 [email protected]
nVidia 680i LT
750W Thermaltake
250GB HD
2GB DDR2 Corsair 800Mhz XMS2
GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 11:56pm
Sounds good! Hey, but call us about your headphone jack. We can help you secure it. It won't take that long. (Was the box outside damaged or have bent corners?)
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 12:50am

Way to go 67alecto and  Commast! You guys pulled DSO's overall rating back over 9/10, giving them back their platinum "merit badge".

Now, about the rest of  you....  If you like your DSO machine (even if you don't) let other people know about it.

Edited by Bill the Cat - 03 Oct 2007 at 12:54am
Tyler Lowe View Drop Down

Quote Tyler Lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 12:53am

Lol. I'm actually a bit surprised you haven't put that quote, and a link to resellerratings.com in your forum sig yet Bill the Cat.

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Forum Bitch!

Quote Bill the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Tyler Lowe

Lol. I'm actually a bit surprised you haven't put that quote, and a link to resellerratings.com in your forum sig yet Bill the Cat.

That would be going too far Big%20smile

Edited by Bill the Cat - 03 Oct 2007 at 12:57am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 1:56am
Bill, I love the determination!
commast View Drop Down
  Quote commast Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Oct 2007 at 2:28am

[QUOTE=Bill the Cat]
 Way to go 67alecto and  Commast! You guys pulled DSO's overall rating back over 9/10, giving them back their platinum "merit badge".

Now, about the rest of  you....  If you like your DSO machine (even if you don't) let other people know about it.

Bill the Cat

I don't usually do reviews unless i think a company deserve it and DS certainly did a great job on my system ---- and to keep you off my back Big%20smile

Mysty View Drop Down

Quote Mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Oct 2007 at 9:48am
Well I havent Ordered my Build Yet; but Im 99% sure I plan too; their was one thing that basically finalized my decision to use them.

Yesterday I did a configuration; i then had a ? so I put that in the box; I filled in name & email; I debated the Phone # and thought about giving a Cell or Fake; cause I figured it wouldnt matter.  But something made me put in my real phone #; which I dont do carelessly. 

Well within 10 minutes of submitting the Configuration w/ the question; my phone starts ringing; and I see Digital Storm on the Caller ID.  Well to be honest It stunned me for a sec; I literally had to look at it Caller ID 2 times to be sure it was them.  So then I pick up and basically spent about 1/2hr on the Phone with their Customer Support.

Needless to say; this one action moved them from a good Consideration to Build my Rig; right up to 99% sure they are going to build my rig.  Still wanted to research them and look for customer reviews etc; which I did and was completely Impressed.  Customer Support is one of the major things; I may not use it often; but when I do I dont want some guy who knows less than I do looking at his little book giving me answers to questions I already know the answer too.

So just wanted to let you know my experience so far; and I havent even ordered yet.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Oct 2007 at 9:31pm
Thanks for sharing your pre-purchase experience. Wait until you become a customer and join the family!
 Post Reply Post Reply