FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Disappointed

Post Date: 2020-05-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IamRaptorX View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote IamRaptorX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Disappointed
    Posted: 10 May 2020 at 11:10am
Hey all, new guy here.

Just came by to say im kinda disappointed with the communication from DS regarding shipping time. I fully and completely understand the struggles and difficulties Covid has caused, and am super grateful that DS is even operating at this time.

What disappointed me was the fact that i contacted them Monday, May 4th (i ordered a Lynx Level 3 on 4-19) and they told me my target shipping date was May 8th. Because of that info, i put in for vacation time at the end of this month (im an essential worker) to break my PC in and assumed id be safe to schedule it two weeks after their estimated shipping date.

I just receive and email today that the PC is going into stage 2 and feel its safe to assume theres no chance ill have my PC at all for my time away from work. Why communicate an estimated shipping date when it’s clear that that’s not possible. Im fine with waiting however long it takes to get a good machine but giving a date thats not even remotely accurate seems unfair.

Again much love for ya’ll for working on these systems for us, but the communication definitely needs work. These machines aren't cheap, the consumers at least deserve more accuracy when it comes to the accuracy of shipping times.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2020 at 11:26am
From what I understand the stage emails are a little wonky right now and DS is really trying to stay within the time frames they quote. Your best bet at this point is to contact them directly.. you could even email the head honcho at [email protected].

Hang in there!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2020 at 11:49am
The Lynx line is prebuilt and the Stages are not reflective of the actual building process. My understanding is the the middle stages are not in fact done since the system is already put together. So like Snaike stated, hang in there, DS is apparently working on weekends (if you got an e-mail today) to get the orders out.

BTW congratulations and welcome to DS. You will love the system, Smile

Quote IamRaptorX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by hoserator

The Lynx line is prebuilt and the Stages are not reflective of the actual building process. My understanding is the the middle stages are not in fact done since the system is already put together. So like Snaike stated, hang in there, DS is apparently working on weekends (if you got an e-mail today) to get the orders out.

Ahhhh okay thats great news! Thank you! Im excited, ive never had a gaming PC before.
Andrewmg08 View Drop Down

Quote Andrewmg08 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 May 2020 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by IamRaptorX

Originally posted by hoserator

Ahhhh okay thats great news! Thank you! Im excited, ive never had a gaming PC before.

Maybe if you are selecting one of the pre made builds but how many people are out there like me that customized their lynx?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 May 2020 at 5:00am
Custom builds are 6 weeks.
Navaar View Drop Down

Quote Navaar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2020 at 11:25pm
Hang in there... I ordered two Lynx systems the same day as you and I just got them both today. It sat at level 1 for ages then jumped to 2 last Tuesday and it passed QA late Friday and shipped out by the day's end.

Quote IamRaptorX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Navaar

Hang in there... I ordered two Lynx systems the same day as you and I just got them both today. It sat at level 1 for ages then jumped to 2 last Tuesday and it passed QA late Friday and shipped out by the day's end.

Awesome man! Which level Lynx’s did you buy? i was told mine would ship friday, they didnt... then i contacted DS again and they said “probably this week” so we’ll see. I start vacation tuesday and i hope i get it in time to at least play a couple days that was the whole point of the vacation 🙄
 Post Reply Post Reply