FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Displays for Lynx level 3

Post Date: 2020-07-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrfatmongoose View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Displays for Lynx level 3
    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:43am
Just ordered a Lynx level 3, and want to buy a relatively good 1080p display for gaming WoW specifically. This will be alongside my ulta-wide low refresh monitor for productivity.

Any recommendations? Is there something I need to consider port-wise with the RTX 2060?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 4:20am
If 24" will do, the Asus VP248QG (75Hz Refresh) (1ms Response) (1920x1080) that DS has for sale here is nicely priced with a good feature set at $139. Copy and paste the model and see what you think. Seems it would be a solid choice for your GPU IMO. I like it especially that you get a 75Hz refresh at that price point. 27" at higher refresh rates will often top $200 and up. If you want to shop, start with IPS panels for their better viewing angles. The Asus is a TN panel, but includes some visual enhancements in the feature set.

Models of GPU will differ, but you should get at least 1 each HDMI, DVI, and Display Port.
John18 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote John18 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:58am
I used a 27" LG that would do 144 FPS at 1080p. That went to my wife when I upgraded. That was a perfectly fine monitor and it is G-sync compatible. My new monitor is also a LG, just one that will do a resolution of 2560 x 1440.

Best Buy has the one I am suggesting for you for sale at $249.99.

LG 27GL650

Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 8:49am
Is LCD desirable?

Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:54am
Also, it looks like the ASUS VP is backordered pretty much everywhere, and the price has been skyrocketing (dont want it to delay my Lynx order either). What are my other options?

Quote mrfatmongoose Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:59am
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-vp247qg-23-6-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-black/6252819.p?skuId=6252819

Thoughts?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:29am
Amazon has the VP248QG for $141.49 available now.

The one you found, according to the Asus site, has all the same features. It appears to have a different model # mostly because it's like .4" smaller. So, a different screen model. That's about it.

If I were picking, I think I'd stay with the model # DS offers, as they have skin in the game to not want customers to be disappointed in any way.

This was just a suggestion that I thought would be easy to pick up with your order from DS, and it seemed to me the feature set was pretty advanced at the price point. As John18 points out, there are plenty of other 1080p monitors out there. The Acer model at the bottom of the Best Buy page you referred has the advantage of being an IPS panel, which will have better viewing angles than a TN panel like the Asus. It is also a 75hz refresh.
 Post Reply Post Reply