FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do they allows me to choose the GPU that i want?

Post Date: 2017-12-31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
((KamiKaZe)) View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Do they allows me to choose the GPU that i want?
    Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:28pm
I want to buy a new awesome gaming rig, i am between Digital Storm and another boutique builder but honestly i like more the options offered here at Digital Storm, i want a $4,000 rig with that awesome Corsair 570X and i want to know if they could put it in the video card of my liking which happens to be the MSI Gaming X TRIO or the Asus Strix as a second option, thanks for the attention and i will be looking forward to join the DG family.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:57pm
You’d have to call them special order what they don’t carry.   Most special orders aren’t covered by their warranty but you still get the manufacture warranty.   Extra cost for special order.

I personally recommend getting the cheapest video card here and then drop in your own after delivery.   Or order no video card if they still allow it.

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by bprat22

You’d have to call them special order what they don’t carry.   Most special orders aren’t covered by their warranty but you still get the manufacture warranty.   Extra cost for special order.

I personally recommend getting the cheapest video card here and then drop in your own after delivery.   Or order no video card if they still allow it.

so what kind cards they have available?
I prefer the computer to came in all set and ready to go
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:34pm
A forum member recently posted his gtx 1080 ti was a PNY. That changes as they get supplies, unless the config specifies what it is.

DarkSydeElement View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DarkSydeElement Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 5:13pm
I special requested an EVGA brand video card for extra 40$. Otherwise it's 40$ plus the extra cost of the card you want. Link it in a message to them first to make sure they can get it. It will not have the DS warranty
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 5:17pm
Good info.   I thought it would be more.   Not a bad price for special order.   
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 6:06pm
Kaze what resolution are you gaming at? What is your refresh rate?

Edited by DST4ME - 31 Dec 2017 at 6:08pm

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by DarkSydeElement

I special requested an EVGA brand video card for extra 40$. Otherwise it's 40$ plus the extra cost of the card you want. Link it in a message to them first to make sure they can get it. It will not have the DS warranty

hell no I'm not going to pay $4,000 to ends up getting a PNY card that's unacceptable at that price point with all respect due

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by bprat22

Good info.   I thought it would be more.   Not a bad price for special order.   

wow this is a great piece of information my friend, thanks a lot, just for curiosity which GPU did you requested?

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

Kaze what resolution are you gaming at? What is your refresh rate?

yep i agree on that

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ((KamiKaZe))

Originally posted by DarkSydeElement

hell no I'm not going to pay $4,000 to ends up getting a PNY card that's unacceptable at that price point with all respect due

I'm going with a 2K resolution 144Hz with Gsync, maybe going ultrawide in the next 6 months if the upcoming afromentioned new ultrawides are as good as the expections suggests   
DarkSydeElement View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DarkSydeElement Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 8:29am
I requested EVGA FTW 1080ti. I have always had EVGA for my cards and never had an issue. I agree with not wanting PNY for such a high end rig.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 10:13am
What is wrong with PNY? Or any other brand besides EVGA? Depending on supply, we provide customers with ASUS, EVGA, PNY, MSI, etc... All of them are top-tier brands.

I completely understand if you're special ordering a specific high-overclocked graphics card, but in general, they are all practically the same graphics cards.

NVIDIA makes the GPU chips, and all of the PCB reference designs, the add-in board partners such as EVGA, PNY, etc... either repackage them in their own retail packaging or use their own graphics cooler design.
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:04am
I agree with Alex.... What's wrong with PNY? I had a PNY in this originally and knew that DS was gonna stand behind it no matter what happened.. When the warranty ran out and I replaced the GPU I went with EVGA because of their customer service.

Basically, if the machine is under DS warranty, let them put in what THEY think is going to last. It's going to be up to them to fix it if it goes bad. They're not picking substandard parts to make their warranty and tech people work harder for hellsake...
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:07am
Also, we have direct relationships with all of these brands. If any of our customers have an issue with getting support or help from them, let us know and we'll help iron out any issues.

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Snaike

I agree with Alex.... What's wrong with PNY? I had a PNY in this originally and knew that DS was gonna stand behind it no matter what happened.. When the warranty ran out and I replaced the GPU I went with EVGA because of their customer service.

Basically, if the machine is under DS warranty, let them put in what THEY think is going to last. It's going to be up to them to fix it if it goes bad. They're not picking substandard parts to make their warranty and tech people work harder for hellsake...

maybe nothing wrong with that brand but if I'm paying for a custom build at least i prefer a brand that i like, if it is possible then it is great if not possible we'll i respect it and move on to another custom builder i just want two brands right now MSI Gaming X TRIO and Asus Strix nothing more interest me but I'm open to suggestions
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:59am
If you would like a specific brand, we're happy to help, there may be additional costs to do that depending on availability and supply.

Feel free to contact our Sales Manager ([email protected]) and he can help take care of you.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 1:45pm
I tell you what is wrong, customer service, maybe you guys are a partner / have a relationship with them and they are good with you, they sure are not the same with us the customers, Ds customer service is great but after the first year the DS warranty runs out and we have to deal with the manufacturer, and i can tell you that you couldn't pay me enough to get pny or asus or some of the others, also I find better pcb on evga or other cards than pny.

Once my warranty was over with evga by 2 weeks, and they still replaced my gpu, good luck getting help from pny or asus as a regular customer.

Edited by DST4ME - 01 Jan 2018 at 1:47pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

I tell you what is wrong, customer service, maybe you guys are a partner / have a relationship with them and they are good with you, they sure are not the same with us the customers, Ds customer service is great but after the first year the DS warranty runs out and we have to deal with the manufacturer,....

Yea, that's what I said.. lol. When it's DS's warranty it's not a problem. When the warranty runs out THEN we need to look at the different manufacturers/companies warranties... That's why I made certain to slide a EVGA in my 4 year old machine. While it was under warranty it didn't matter as much as I knew DS would take care of it.   

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:08pm
I'm just saying that PNY isn't a top brand or maybe they are a budget top brand but you couldn't pay a $4,000 machine to just get a low end brand like PNY, anyone suggesting PNY as a top brand is one of two, or don't know that much about computers and hardware or is just trying to convince me to get something that i do not want

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Alex

If you would like a specific brand, we're happy to help, there may be additional costs to do that depending on availability and supply.

Feel free to contact our Sales Manager ([email protected]) and he can help take care of you.

email 📧 sent to him, now waiting for response, i need to take a decision this week and putting my order this same week too, can't wait for my dream gaming rig 😀 hopefully i get a great deal and be able to join Digital Storm family for ever as a loyal customer
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:17pm
By the way, PNY , last I looked, had 1 year parts warranty vs 3 years for ASUS and EVGA. What’s that tell you ?    

Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm
It's your machine, built to your specs, because it's your money you can get what you want. No one is suggesting you buy substandard parts. No one is trying to convince you of anything. You asked a question, can i get this machine with a special ordered card, and the answer was "yes, for a fee because it's a special order."

Different people like different things.. as my old friends use to say "That's why they make chocolate AND vanilla."

Buy what makes ~you~ the happiest.

Quote ((KamiKaZe)) Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Snaike

It's your machine, built to your specs, because it's your money you can get what you want. No one is suggesting you buy substandard parts. No one is trying to convince you of anything. You asked a question, can i get this machine with a special ordered card, and the answer was "yes, for a fee because it's a special order."

Different people like different things.. as my old friends use to say "That's why they make chocolate AND vanilla."

Buy what makes ~you~ the happiest.

yesss you deserve a like but there is not a possible way to do it here lol but you are right that's why we shop here and not a Best Buy for a top end gaming PC
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:36pm
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ((KamiKaZe))

that's why we shop here and not a Best Buy for a top end gaming PC

You damn right
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 2:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply