FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dream Computer- Aventum X

Post Date: 2019-11-26

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
salsab View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Dream Computer- Aventum X
    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:43am
Budget:
5000-5599

Expectations:
Would like to run on a 34 inch monitor(600-800$) and suggestions for that would be appreciated too. Not really looking at 4K.

Usage:
Gaming only-FPS mainly

Special Needs:
This is my fourth DS system but the one I get to use is 10 years old.This is the system I have wanted for some time and put together after lurking on the boards the last year. Liquid cooling is totally new to me so any advice is greatly appreciated. Actually I appreciate any input on every component as I am pretty flexible on build.I hope to order in the next 5-7 days.

Saved Ticket #: 2737009

Specifications:
Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU)
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Repl
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 12:15pm
Welcome back salsab!   

First, for a solid very highly rated 34” try the Dell Alienware AW3418DW. IPS 2K/1440P G-Sync Curved 120 Hz monitor.   NewEgg, Amazon...others.

If you don’t care for that panel, by all means select an IPS G-Sync equipped monitor from NVidias own G-Sync Tested and Approved monitor list here:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

You have been studying up on the forum I think...lol. I like your component choices.
In Aventum I would want the power headroom to add a future additional GPU or to handle the next bigger GPU NVidia comes up with, so I would prefer the Corsair AX1200i Digital Platinum Efficiency Modular PSU...my all time fav solid Corsair PSU.    You are fine as is with the 850w Gold Efficiency model with just 1 GPU.

The new Intel I9-9900KS might be worth your looking into as it slightly exceeds performance of the I9-9900K, but if you are interested...discuss with DS exactly how they would do the 32GB RAM to work with the OC I9-9900KS as I have read there may be some issues populating all 4 x 3200 MHz RAM slots with that new processor.   The I9-9900K is the better known beast of the two right now, and a very safe choice as well.

I assume you decided against the stronger but more expensive RTX 2080 Ti GPU.
If I didn’t get a swing at a new rig for 10 yrs, I would definitely grab the very best GPU I could afford.    That said, NVidia will eventually come out with a new top dog GPU in a few years.    For this year anyway, they have said the 2080 Ti stays as king of the hill...lol.    DS will take a normal air cooled RTX 2080 Super, remove the heatsink and fan section, and apply their own custom DS waterblock to the card.    

Remember that DS is easy to work with if you wish a specific brand or model GPU for your build....just ask them what the cost would be.    The EVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW3 Ultra Hydro Copper is a top rated factory water blocked GPU many here on the forum have used and like in Aventum.   

Aventum X is simply the best watercooling and Overclock everything case on the planet.   With all quick disconnects, water handling blocks and 3 huge radiators on board, you just can’ get cooler than components in this case will.   The most frequent thing you will need to look after is to watch your coolant reservoir level and top it off when normal evaporation occurs.   A simple once a year task using a long neck squeeze bottle.   Ask DS for extra bottles of the coolant they use, as you won’t be able to mix yours with other brands coolant.    You can also ask for DS to provide a Drain Valve to make future maintenance easier, as in several years from now you may want to change out the coolant if it shows any corrosion or contaminants or dirt.
If it’s clear, and temps are where they should be, you are good to go quite a long time with coolant....my 8 yr old DS system has only needed top-offs to date...lol.

Also, if you didn’t notice DS offers the Aventum X in several colors for only $99!

Don’t forget that you can add to the DS 1 yr Parts Warranty...as it covers everything and can be increased to 2 or 3 yr coverage.

Let us know how this order goes for you!    
Traumahound View Drop Down

Quote Traumahound Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 1:08pm
Welcome to the Aventum X club dude! Def listen to HockeyBuck, he and Cretae really helped me on my Aventum Build I got the Acer Predator XB321HK 32" 16:9 G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor for the higher res..Best of luck!

Edited by Traumahound - 26 Nov 2019 at 1:13pm
salsab View Drop Down

Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 2:52pm
Thanks guys. I had been looking at the alienware monitor, it just felt weird after avoiding their prebuilts for years to buy a monitor with that logo. That being said, I probably will go with that if I cant get a certain MSI monitor that no one has in stock.
Will upgrade the PSU.
Probably will stay with current choice of video card due to cost.
Will ask for drainage valve and coolant.
Planning to order in next few days so anything else you think I should do , let me know.
Thanks again. I truly come to this board daily and am always happy with how friendly it is!
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 3:21pm
Lol...Dell does make very high quality IPS monitors.   I have used Dell Ultrasharp class monitors for about a decade at both work and home...can’t kill them...lol.    I bought one of the Dell Alienware AW3418DW for one of my sons Xmas present this yr.    
Everything else Dell makes is meh...not so much.    
salsab View Drop Down

Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 7:19pm
ok, this is the wife is drunk and says get whatever you want build, whatcha think, Please hurry she'll sober up soon!
Specifications:
Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Black Metallic Matte Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) <br><strong></strong>
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance) <br><strong></strong>
Power Supply: 1200W Corsair HX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power) <br><strong></strong>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS) (NVM Express) <br><strong></strong>
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready) <br><strong></strong>
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (1x Graphics Card + CPU) <br><strong></strong>
HydroLux Tubing Style: HardLine Tubing (Requires HydroLux PRO Custom Liquid Cooling System) <br><strong></strong>
HydroLux Fluid Color: Clear Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System) <br><strong></strong>
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Black - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total) <br><strong></strong>
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm LED Lighting System
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards) <br><strong></strong>
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU - Up to 5.1GHz on All CPU Cores <br><strong></strong>
Boost Graphics Card(s): Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability <br><strong></strong>
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 9:07pm
Lol...l Outstanding very strong Aventum X build sir!    
Pull that trigger as you are good to go!    Keep us posted on how it goes for you!    
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:45am
Yep, +1

salsab View Drop Down

Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:33pm
It is ordered!! Got the upgraded psu and graphics card. Still gotta get a keyboard and mouse. Recommendations?

sTu View Drop Down

Quote sTu Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:58pm
Congrats Salsab!! I have a very similar build at Stage 7 Packaging.
For $650 right now that Alienware 34 inch monitor for an Nvidia graphics card looks like a solid choice to me. I have a 60 MHz 34 inch predator and that $650 price is making me twitch. :)

So many good keyboard and mouse choices. Google around some hardware sites to get an idea on what seems right for you.
salsab View Drop Down

Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:20pm
Thanks! Went with the alienware from newegg. Quite a deal I think
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:08pm
That is a great deal on that monitor...   

For mouse and keyboard, if you go with RGB Corsair peripherals, then they can also be RGB synced with your fans and RAM, using Corsair iCUE software.   My son & the wife both use the Corsair K70 RGB keyboards and like them.   All Corsair RGB lights coordinated...
salsab View Drop Down

Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:22pm
Thanks hockeybuck, that's exactly what I did!
salsab View Drop Down

Quote salsab Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 11:48am
Just wanted to post that I got it and it is truly everything I hoped it'd be. I will post a review later but wanted to thank these forums for all the advice, especially HockeyBuck. The alienware monitor is unreal.
This computer is a work of art! This is my fourth computer from DS and I have received excellent service whether I was buying a prebuilt entry level system or the Aventum.

DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:53pm
My pleasure sir!    Glad all goes exactly as expected for you!

I got my son one of the 34” Alienware AW3418DW monitors for Xmas, and he also seems to be really enjoying that big beautiful curved G-Sync panel with his 2019 Lumos and NVidia RTX 2080 FE.    
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:40pm
Congratulations and enjoy. That system makes its presence known. it is quite the statement!
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 3:37am
Happy for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply