FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DS Bios settings. Where are they saved?

Post Date: 2018-12-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nickp100 View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nickp100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: DS Bios settings. Where are they saved?
    Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:10am
The problem: Getting really bad FPS/stuttering on all my games all of a sudden for some reason. I can hear the fans running and through the DS control panel, when I switch into extreme mode the fans go full boost.
When the computer is restarted, Im prompted by the ASUS(Z170I mobo) BIOS message that "CPU fan speed error detected".

I went to the BIOS and in the EZ mode screen I loaded the default profile.

The problem still persists though, and now I cant figure out where and how to find the original DS factory overclock settings/profile in the BIOS.

What is the best course of action from here? Please help..
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:02am
Every mobo is different, but for Asus, the oc settings are usually saved in Bios, Advanced, Tool tab and select , usually, the top saved Asus profile.

The CPU fan error can mean that nothing is plugged into the CPU_fan header on the mobo, so it thinks there's a problem.   If you have water cooling then that header might not be used.   In that case you need to go to Bios, hunt for CPU fan speed adjustment and set it to ignore/off...whatever the terminology is.  Your mobo manual will help you find what you need.

Going to default Bios might have reset whatever setting DS had for fan speed or ignore,  Restoring DS settings might fix that. 

For the stuttering issue, I would run HWmonitor and check CPU cores and GPU temps while gaming.  If they hit in the 90's C then that can cause throttling of the processor.

Have you cleaned the rig for dust buildup, especially the radiator if you have water cooling ?  Dust plugging the openings can cause issues.

Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 14 Dec 2018 at 7:04am
nickp100 View Drop Down

Quote nickp100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 10:55am
Thank you so much for the reply and suggestions.
I will look in the BIOS again for a saved profile from DS.
I havent cleaned it at all other than using a canned air duster but I will do so today that there's daylight.

Was just wondering though....If the OC file is not saved in the BIOS can DS send me a file?
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:26am
Yep, DS saves oc profiles they can send to you if needed.   Unless you updated Bios or it somehow got wiped, the profile should be there.

With canned air make sure to use short burst through the rad to clean out the cooling fins.

Psyoshi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Psyoshi Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:53am
Discovering that not a single driver was properly updated in my new rig. I mean everything pcie controllers, bios, NVME controller ect... I'm livid right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply