FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Duel Booting windows

Post Date: 2008-02-27

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sharariebrum View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Duel Booting windows
    Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:24am
I am looking at buying a spyder AMD platform 9600/3870X2 with 8gigs XMS Corsair ram and a Physics card. all overclocked mem card and cpu from digital storm for 3k or so working on the configuater Budget is 3000 Wife aproved yay.

Anyway I am looking at my First VISTA machine but hear so much about it being bugged here bad there yadda yadda.

I just need to know from experienced techs/custumers the experiences of Duel Booting the OS. Windows xp and vista 64bit.  

Is it easy to maintian will it be good for my system in the long run?  Do I have to download drivers for my hardware to both OS's and or should I just go with windows vista ultimate64 bit with the software tweaking of non critical apps by Digital storm?

If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
Sharariebrum View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Sharariebrum Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 2:13am
Well I see not many would but rathr read this post then reply to it so went out for the last 5 hours and read up on all the Plusses and Minus' of the dual booting OS------Windows Ultimate 64bit all the way I will just Move on to the DX10. I dont need the hassle of keeping both OS on my system---- Thx though everyone for at least reading nuthing like finding out on my own and read up on all the fun tweaks to make windows ultimate even funner.
If you Fail to Plan....Plan to FAIL!!!
The Past is History, The Future is a Mystery, But Today is a GIFT - That is why we call it the Present
Duke View Drop Down

Digital Storm Customer Service

Quote Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 2:21am
Stick with Vista 64 if you want to use all 8GBs of memory.
EMAIL & MSN:
[email protected]
AltandF4 View Drop Down

Quote AltandF4 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 10:16pm
I have dual boot and I haven't had any problems that i couldn't fix or were too difficult for the DS staff to help.  I recommend using xp for games and vista for everything else.
750 watt psu/ extreme case
dual 8800 512mb gts oc'd
2 gigs ram 1000 mhz
dual boot xp/ vista 64
Q6600 oc'd at 3.6 GHz
liquid cpu cooling
 Post Reply Post Reply