Post Date: 2011-06-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ctjones85 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ctjones85 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Estimate
    Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 12:27am
Would someone be able to give me an estimate of how much it would cost me to buy a digital storm pc that will be used for gaming, but basically one that will be able to run all games, star wars old republic, crysis, diablo 3, etc, witcher, etc. I'm currently looking for a job so that i can start saving up money for a computer. I would like one that just has the essentials and later on when i have the money i could add other extra things later. I hope this post makes sense. Also, if anyone knows how much it would cost to add in accessories like keyboard and mouse, monitor, speakers, that would be great. Knowing the price would help to give me something to shoot for and I thought coming here and asking knowledgeable people would be a smart move. I've also known digital storm to be one of the best companies in gaming pc's so i know that i want to buy one from here some day soon.  
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 12:56am
Well we need to know what res of the monitor is to be able to do that, keep in mind nothing is going to run all games at highest settings with highest aa, but you can run 98% of the games with highest settings and good aa.

so to know your res we need to know your monitor, since you don't have one, a good spot to be I guess is around 1900 x 1200 res, for that normally we recommend an IPS panel monitor for best picture quality/clarity, but they cost more, were you can get a cheap TN panel with that res for $150 - $175, the IPS panels we recommend here on sale go for $230 - $260, so I'm gonna recommend a 23" IPS but if you rather sacrifice picture quality for price then go ahead:

Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23

keep in mind we recommend you don't pay full price and instead wait for a sale on these that tends to happen at least once a month so far.

Now assuming we figured out res, we looking at something like this build:

Here you go Ticket# 567544 --- $2839 (To see this build click here)

Copy of Specifications:
Chassis Model: Special Deal Hot Seller - Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz (Unlocked CPU for Extreme Overclocking) (Quad Core)
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series (Highly Recommended) (Hand Tested)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (120GB Solid State (By: Intel) (Model: 320 Series)
Set 1 Raid Options: - No Thanks
Hard Drive Set 2: Multimedia\Data: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache) (Model: Black Edition)
Hard Drive Set 3: Backup\Misc.: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Add-on Card: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Corsair A70 Dual 120mm Fans High Performance Cooler
H20 Tube Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a FrostChill or Sub-Zero LCS Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Enhancements: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro or Deluxe Series Motherboard)
Boost Video Card: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Boost Memory: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my memory
Boost OS: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows 7 CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Install/Test Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 5-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Customer Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty

you have to add shipping and a few bucks for adding in one big fan to the top of the case and some other extras tlike mouse and keyboard, and I would say $3000 for pc and $260 for monitor.

Now you can also checkout ode level 3 (we don't recommend level 4 because of the 590, not a good idea).

in ode level 3 itself, we are not crazy about the psu and the cpu cooler but if you know your way around a pc, you will be fine.

We can always remove some stuff from my config and you can add them down the road, like ssd or the 1TB bc.
ctjones85 View Drop Down

Quote ctjones85 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 5:59am
Is this the least amount I can spend to get a gaming pc that all the essentials and be able run games well? I would like to be able to update the pc later with bigger drives,etc, but I would like to know if this is the smallest amount i could spend for a computer that will do the job of running games and have all the necessary components and be able easily upgradable down the line
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 6:07am
The config I posted was a pc with everything in it, like I said we can take stuff off, for example you can just go with the 1TB BC and add teh ssd later, or just go with ssd and add the 1TB later.

but you got those hdd setup because:

HDD1 = fast small drive: os/apps/games

HDD2 = regular large drive: media/personal/work file storage

but lets say you go with just the ssd, price goes down to $2719, now lets say you went with just one 570 also, and would add teh second later if you saw you needed it, price now is $2299, pass that I would not remove anything.

single sli will run all games at the mentioned res but you may have to turn down some settings, some games at highest settings and high aa may need sli.

I recommend going with one 570 and adding in the second one yourself later.

in a couple of years you can easily upgrade gpus in this system if needed.

Post Reply Post Reply