FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fan trouble on Apollo

Post Date: 2015-11-19

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bmicinski View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bmicinski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Fan trouble on Apollo
    Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 7:20am
The bottom fan on the front of my case stopped working. It initially happened a few days ago and when i opened the right door on the case and wiggled the wire a little it started working again fine and ran for about a week. Just this morning it stopped again and when i tried wiggling the wire again it started to get going but then stopped.

Is this just the wire coming loose like i think? Or is there a short or possibly the fan going out?

Is there a way i can easily take the front or back off to see where the wire plugs into the fan and check it? It looks pretty hard to get to.

I think there is maybe just not enough slack on that particular wire and it is slowly getting pulled free, but i could be wrong. I just dont see an easy way to get to the actual fan to check it.

Any thoughts?
FrankW View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote FrankW Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 7:43am
Hi bmicinski,

There is a good chance that it is just a loose wire. I have never seen a Corsair 760T case but I believe you can remove the front dust cover and the fans will be mounted from the front. You can remove the fan and check it out.

You could also remove the Drive Caddies so you can access the fan from the back. If you have both caddies installed I would remove one anyway. In fact I would remove both if you don't have any HDDs in the caddies.

If everything looks good at the fan then check the connection at the header on the motherboard. If everything looks good then try a different fan header.

Frank

Edited by FrankW - 19 Nov 2015 at 7:44am
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 7:44am
The Apollo Corsair 760T case has side panels that just swing open with the large release latch.  Open up both, the left and right side, and follow the wires from the fan..  That case has a front fan control, so the 2 front fans probably plug into black cables dropping down from the front panel where USB, audio and the fan control are.  Unplug and then re-plug them.

It is possible, if that doesn't work, that the fans are bad or the fan control is going bad.   Swap where the 2 front fans connect to check if its the fan or the fan control.

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile

Frank inched me out. Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 19 Nov 2015 at 7:53am
bmicinski View Drop Down

Quote bmicinski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 7:56am
Awesome thanks a bunch guys. Soon as i get home from work ill take a look at it this evening and let you know!

Post Reply Post Reply