Feedback on Live Chat PopupPost Date: 2013-02-07 |
Post Reply
|
| Author | ||
Alex
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 16314 |
Quote Reply
Topic: Feedback on Live Chat PopupPosted: 07 Feb 2013 at 2:37pm |
|
|
We wanted your feedback on the automatic live chat request popup window. By default it was set to 20 seconds from being on our website, we changed it to 1 minute now. If you dismiss it, it will not come back unless you close your browser session and come back to our website (we have no way to base it on a cookie or per day unfortunately).
Do any of you feel that this is a big and annoying issue? |
||
![]() |
||
bprat22
DS ELITE
DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Joined: 08 Jun 2011 Online Status: Offline Posts: 20391 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 2:50pm |
|
|
Hi Alex.... I find it annoying only because of the number of times I go to Config to try and help with build questions. Sometimes it drives me crazy. LOL.
If I was a 'normal' customer looking to build a DS rig, I think it's fine. Having help a click away is a very nice touch. With all the options and ever changing technology, someone to talk to helps alot. It does minimize after a short time. I like it. |
||
![]() |
||
Alex
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 16314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 2:51pm |
|
|
Thank you for the feedback. I completely understand for us people that frequently visit the configurator it could get annoying. We simply want to make it as easy as possible for new customers to ask questions.
|
||
![]() |
||
bprat22
DS ELITE
DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Joined: 08 Jun 2011 Online Status: Offline Posts: 20391 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 2:59pm |
|
|
Exactly.
It's not for us ole' timers but for new customers wanting to experience Digital Storm.
|
||
![]() |
||
JerryW
Groupie
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 214 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 6:46pm |
|
|
I saw it pop up on my iPad. My Firefox on my PC has and Add-On that blocks all tracking information etc. The live chat pop-up is not seen.
Add a button at the top/bottom of page to press to talk to live chat. |
||
|
|
||
![]() |
||
ShadowStar
Groupie
Joined: 18 Nov 2008 Online Status: Offline Posts: 140 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 8:49pm |
|
What he said. |
||
|
Walking the line between realities
|
||
![]() |
||
Alex
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 16314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 11:43am |
|
|
I'll let the team know, unfortunately we can't use buttons with this service, the benefit of this service is that it does not require a pop up window and is integrated into the actual browser experience.
|
||
![]() |
||
JerryW
Groupie
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 214 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 12:36pm |
|
|
cdn.livechatinc.com is being blocked on my Firefox
|
||
|
|
||
![]() |
||
Asangard
DS Veteran
Joined: 21 Aug 2009 Online Status: Offline Posts: 2209 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:19pm |
|
|
Hum, I use both IE and Firefox and the chat isn't blocked on either one.
|
||
|
Not from Without, Therefore, the 1st step on the Holy Warrior path, Is to recognize thyself as thy 1st enemy. |
||
![]() |
||
JerryW
Groupie
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 214 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 1:50pm |
|
|
Don't get me wrong. I think the live chat is a good thing for DS. I was just pointing out that if my Firefox can block the service so can others. Putting a button on the web site to let those new potential customers know there is a live chat feature available just in case it is blocked for them as well was all I was getting at.
|
||
|
|
||
![]() |
||
Brandon
Groupie
Joined: 02 Feb 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 275 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:00pm |
|
|
I am always toy around with configurations as of late, and I like where it is placed and how you can minimize it, ALOT of other sites black out the rest of your screen and have "live chat" right dead center of the screen which is very annoying especially if you are on your phone.
|
||
![]() |
||
Alex
Admin Group
Digital Storm Supervisor
Joined: 04 Jun 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 16314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 5:47pm |
|
|
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
|
||
![]() |
||
Spjungen
Newbie
Joined: 03 Nov 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 2 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 2:58am |
|
The chat popup sounds great but so far it hasn't shown up for me; I've sent a few emails as well but they haven't been answered which is unfortunate because I'm very keen on getting a system from you guys within the next few days but I just have a few questions first before I invest. :/ |
||
![]() |
||
bprat22
DS ELITE
DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Joined: 08 Jun 2011 Online Status: Offline Posts: 20391 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 3:07am |
|
|
The live chat should pop-up when you select view Desktops, etc. while in the configuration screens. It's used Monday - Friday during their business hours, west coast time. They are closed weekends.
If emails during the week don't get answered then use [email protected] Hope this helps.
|
||
![]() |
||
Spjungen
Newbie
Joined: 03 Nov 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 2 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 4:33am |
|
Aaah right-o then, that makes sense. It does indeed, danke schönn! :D |
||
![]() |
||
bprat22
DS ELITE
DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Joined: 08 Jun 2011 Online Status: Offline Posts: 20391 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 6:05am |
|
|
bitte schönn .
|
||
![]() |
||
Ariktu
Groupie
Joined: 21 May 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 492 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 7:14am |
|
Depending on what your questions are you might be able to get help from some of the customers if you post the questions here in a thread or if it relates to a configuration then in that section. |
||
|
||
![]() |
||
RobZGames
Newbie
Joined: 02 Dec 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 63 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 4:35pm |
|
|
google chrome. popped up once, never again. WHY!
|
||
![]() |
||
ArkansasWoman777
DS Veteran
Joined: 19 Aug 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 4314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 9:06pm |
|
i use google chrome as well but it pops up for me usually every time i go to gaming desktops |
||
|
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper i5 3570k Ordered: 11-27-12 Stage 1: 11-29-12 Stage 2: 12-2-12 Stage 3: 12-2-12 Stage 4: 12-4-12 Stage 5: 12-4-12 Stage 6: 12-10-12 Stage 7: 12-12-12 |
||
![]() |
||
ScottishBattleAx
Groupie
Joined: 09 Jun 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 342 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 9:32am |
|
|
I'll just throw in here that the chat pops up every time for me, but in the couple of times I've used it the agent hasn't been able to give solid answers regarding pricing because they work from home and don't have access to the information.
|
||
|
HAF X // i7-4770K @ 4.2GHZ // Win 8.1 Pro // ASUS Z87-Expert // EVGA GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX // 16GB 1866 RAM // 256GB SSD // 2TB + 4TB HDD // Recon3D 5.1 Sound
|
||
![]() |
||
Sernafied
Groupie
Joined: 16 May 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 116 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:34pm |
|
|
I really liked the chat pop up. It felt something like being approached by a salesman in a shop. Additionally, I liked that instead of having to tell a salesman to scram, I just had to click it away. How great would that feature be in store eh? :D
I did end up using the chat box, and ultimately called and ordered.
|
||
|
i7 3770k @ 4.4
16GB 1600MHz Corsair Dominator 240GB Corsair Neutron SSD 1TB Storage GTX 690 |
||
![]() |
||
Tidgxor
DS ELITE
The Kokopelli kid
Joined: 17 Sep 2010 Online Status: Offline Posts: 13000 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 10:27am |
|
|
Just adding in that I didn't have any issues with Chrome either, perhaps it was some sort of addon?
|
||
|
My Two Digital Storm Rigs: Mr. Bojangles (HAF-X, 2010) & Mrs. Bojingles (Bolt I, 2013).
|
||
![]() |
||
Meller
DS Veteran
Joined: 20 Feb 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 1627 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 1:38pm |
|
|
I always thought that the mini bar at the bottom of the page that when you click on opens up a live chat pop up was good enough. But, I don't get annoyed too much by them as it takes less than a second to just click the x to close the pop up.
|
||
![]() |
||
Post Reply
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You can vote in polls in this forum |