Few question about Vanquish II level 4Post Date: 2014-05-02 |
Post Reply
|
| Author | |
Reaverone
Newbie
Joined: 02 May 2014 Online Status: Offline Posts: 7 |
Quote Reply
Topic: Few question about Vanquish II level 4Posted: 02 May 2014 at 4:41pm |
|
I been thinking about buying a Vanquish II level 4 I just have a couple of question
1 is there any way to customize Vanquish II meaning if I want bigger hhd or another os like windows 7? 2 is there room to put in a 3 hard drive and if not can a Samsung 120 gb be upgraded to a Samsung ssd 1 tb or lower drive 3 this is a question for anyone who bought Vanquish II level 4 is there any thing on the Samsung 120gb ssd card ?like the Os it proubly on the 1tb drive but just checking 4 Is the power supply big enough handle 3 rd hhd or a bigger hhd As you can tell I don't know much about computers but if I have to install a bigger hhd if the hhd I am replaseing has nothing on it do I just unhook hhd with it unplugged off course and hook larger one in and power it up? |
|
![]() |
|
ArkansasWoman777
DS Veteran
Joined: 19 Aug 2012 Online Status: Offline Posts: 4314 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:24pm |
|
The Vanquishes are prebuilt and can't be customized. There are i believe 8 expansion slots for the drive bays. The OS is installed on the SSD drive.
|
|
|
"Captain Sirius Black"
Storm Trooper i5 3570k Ordered: 11-27-12 Stage 1: 11-29-12 Stage 2: 12-2-12 Stage 3: 12-2-12 Stage 4: 12-4-12 Stage 5: 12-4-12 Stage 6: 12-10-12 Stage 7: 12-12-12 |
|
![]() |
|
danjw1
Senior Member
Joined: 07 Jul 2013 Online Status: Offline Posts: 667 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:34pm |
|
The motherboard in the Vanquish II Level 4 has 2 SATA 6Gbps ports and 2 SATA 3GBps ports. So you will only be able to add one more drive. One is used for the SSD, one for HDD and one for the Optical drive. You could add another SATA controller card the it in the lower PCIe 1x slot, those are not particularly expensive.
The Vanquish line are the best price performance DS offers, since they are sold as is and pre-built. Edited by danjw1 - 02 May 2014 at 5:37pm |
|
![]() |
|
Reaverone
Newbie
Joined: 02 May 2014 Online Status: Offline Posts: 7 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:34pm |
Edited by Reaverone - 02 May 2014 at 5:50pm |
|
![]() |
|
Reaverone
Newbie
Joined: 02 May 2014 Online Status: Offline Posts: 7 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:49pm |
|
So it means I can add either hhd or ssd without haveing to install sata card right? And is power source big enough handle it without it bogging down if I get 4 tb hhd or a1tb ssd? If someone can answer this I will be alset thanks
Edited by Reaverone - 02 May 2014 at 6:17pm |
|
![]() |
|
bprat22
DS ELITE
DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Joined: 08 Jun 2011 Online Status: Offline Posts: 20391 |
Quote Reply
Posted: 03 May 2014 at 3:07am |
|
Correct. You can add another drive without the need for any cards and the power supply is plenty. Drives use very little juice.
|
|
![]() |
|
Post Reply
|
| Forum Jump | Forum Permissions ![]() You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You can vote in polls in this forum |