Post Date: 2009-03-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sodius View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Final Review
    Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 10:58am
I have bought a lot of things from a lot of places over my many years. I can honestly say that I have NEVER received customer care as good as I have from Digital Storm. Add to that the fact I received a high standard piece of equipment, and I am a very "happy camper"  

I did a lot of research for months before I decided to buy from Digital Storm. I compared not only price, but made sure to talk to staff and read reviews and contact other customers.  

I chose to go with Digital Storm because of their overall reputation for quality workmanship and outstanding customer care.  

No business is perfect and of course things can go wrong, but I have every confidence that Digital Storm will take care of any issue that may come up with my rig in the future. This is why I chose them over all other computer sites...the fact that I was buying not only a superb system...but peace of mind too. Remember that Digital Storm puts the system together with the greatest of care and expertise, but they do not manufacture the part. So if and when a part goes bad...it's the fault of the manufacturer... yet Digital Storm will take care of the problem with a smile and handshake!  

The whole buying process was a pleasure as their web site is easy to navigate and build your own system. I am enjoying my Digital Storm rig very much and can recommend them to anyone who is thinking of buying. 
     The forum members are very knowledgable and extremely helpful. I was completely unsure of what system to buy as I have not kept up with technology for many years. The forums and Digital Storm staff put me on the right track immediately and I bought with confidence. My machine has been running for the past 38 days under minor to heavy load the whole time. The temperature is very cool and I couldn't be more thrilled. We are a gaming family of 6 and there is always someone up playing or working on my rig 24/7 due to work schedules.
Digital Storm Online and forum members, thank you very much you are all awesome.

Chassis Model: Cooler Master HAF 932
Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz (Quad Core)  (OC'd to 3.33GHz)
Motherboard: EVGA X58 3X SLI (Intel X58 Chipset) (Supports Triple SLI or CrossFire)
System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz Corsair Dominator DHX (High-Performance)
Power Supply: 1000W Corsair HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) (Silent Edition)
Card Reader: Internal Digital Media Card Reader (Black)
Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System: 1x (500GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Optical Drive 2: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x)
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card: 1x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1.792GB (Includes PhysX Technology)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
Extreme Cooling: AIR: Stage 2: Cooler Master V8 (Compatible With i7 Processors)
Liquid Color:- Not Applicable, I do not have a H20: Stage 3 Cooling System Selected
Chassis Airflow: Standard Factory Chassis Fans
Internal Lighting: Internal Chassis Lighting System (Blue)
Boost Processor: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty

Edited by Sodius - 15 Mar 2009 at 5:09pm
bullseyehk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bullseyehk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 11:48am
omg pictures!

your system except for the extra dvd drive and i'm going lc is the same as mine.
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 11:52am
This is the link to my pictures from my first review when the machine first arrived.

Edited by Sodius - 15 Mar 2009 at 11:53am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 5:02pm
Sodius great job, remove your email addy tho or you will get spammed like there is no tomorrow
BillDempsey View Drop Down

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 6:42pm
Great review Sodius! Great system too!
Sentient AI View Drop Down

Quote Sentient AI Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 6:59pm
Gratz Sodius!  You're so generous to share it with the rest of the fam LOL - I can picture myself frothing at the mouth and morphing into geek werewolf at even a hint from someone else wishing to use my new system (which is *in the mail* lol)
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:52am
My family is really good when it comes to sharing computers. Also I wanted them to keep it busy as often as possible. The down side is they all want one just like mine except for different colored lights. I should of thought of that before letting them play on it. Geek
BillDempsey View Drop Down

Quote BillDempsey Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 11:18am
"The down side is they all want one just like mine except for different colored lights..."

OOPS! Smile Sounds like you will be making more purchases in the future!

Now that I'm getting to use mine a bit, I keep thinking how much nicer it would be to have two of them so I could use one as a rendering mule. My wife, of course, says it isn't possible in this year's budget. She's my voice of reason, otherwise I'd have a house with 10 computers in every room and be unable to pay the electric bill. I'm lucky to have her.
tman5890 View Drop Down

Quote tman5890 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 3:13pm
Super review and sexy beast.
I admire your kind of thinking Bill .
Sentient AI View Drop Down

Quote Sentient AI Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 1:51am
Originally posted by BillDempsey

"The down side is they all want one just like mine except for different colored lights..."

OOPS! Smile Sounds like you will be making more purchases in the future!

Now that I'm getting to use mine a bit, I keep thinking how much nicer it would be to have two of them so I could use one as a rendering mule. My wife, of course, says it isn't possible in this year's budget. She's my voice of reason, otherwise I'd have a house with 10 computers in every room and be unable to pay the electric bill. I'm lucky to have her.

i've married her male counterpart- as it is our small apt went from his bachelor pad to my cybercafe Smile
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 9:35am
Well, I will be ordering at least one more for my son and that will finally get rid of the old gateway that we have used for 8 years. Can't say enough DSO rocks. Ermm
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 10:49am
As I am asking people from the past how there machines are running I figured I better do the same with mine.
     My machine has been running like a dream since I bought it in Feb. As some of you know this machine has been powered on a whole heck of a lot more than it has been off. The temps have been extremely cool and everything so far runs flawlessly, amazing, just amazing. The second rig I bought from DS since I bought this one has also performed flawlessly. These machines are a work of perfection and and I can see by the wiring and the temps that DS took their time in making sure I recieve the best machine they have to offer their customers. They have earned my patronage and this is the only place I will buy my machines from, thanks again DS for a job well done. Ermm
B5GkarNarn View Drop Down

Quote B5GkarNarn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Sodius

As I am asking people from the past how there machines are running I figured I better do the same with mine.
     My machine has been running like a dream since I bought it in Feb. As some of you know this machine has been powered on a whole heck of a lot more than it has been off. The temps have been extremely cool and everything so far runs flawlessly, amazing, just amazing. The second rig I bought from DS since I bought this one has also performed flawlessly. These machines are a work of perfection and and I can see by the wiring and the temps that DS took their time in making sure I recieve the best machine they have to offer their customers. They have earned my patronage and this is the only place I will buy my machines from, thanks again DS for a job well done. Ermm
I'm glad to read that your DS rig has been working well.  My experience has been a little different from yours but I'm hoping that once I get my rig back from DS that it will run flawlessly too.  I want to be a very happy & satisfied DS customer too - just like you, Sodius.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:57pm

Sounds great!

Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:12pm
I am confident that you will be. This forum put my mind at ease before I bought. There were on occassions a customer with an issue and I watched as DS stepped up and resolved those issues. That is why I am here and will buy again from them. Hang tough and you will be satsified with your machine too.
Sodius View Drop Down

Quote Sodius Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:03pm
It has now been a year and a half and this rig is a work horse and beast. I have had zero problem with it and it runs nearly all day every day. Thank you again DS and keep up the great work. Awesome
MADMAX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MADMAX Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 7:01pm
Glad to hear that Sodius...I'm already toying with the idea of gearing up to get another DS rig thanks to your review and the reviews of others not to mention my DS machine. It's like a fever!
SEMPER FIDELIS
HAILSTORMII
INTELCORE EXTREME 4960X 3.6GHZ
ASUS RAMPAGEIV X79
16GB DDR3 1866MHZ CORSAIR VENGENCEPRO
1200W CORSAIR AX1200I
256GB SSD SAMSUNG 840 PRO
2 SLI DUAL NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 3GB
 Post Reply Post Reply