FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally close to my first purchase

Post Date: 2010-08-22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alexriv16 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alexriv16 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Finally close to my first purchase
    Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 12:31am
I have to say, the members on these forums have been extremly helpful with helping me pick out a good computer with my budget. Here's the news so far.

I have 1056$ saved up in my bank and I just deposited a check for 294$.

So here is my config.

I do have  questions, is it possible for me to get the HAF 922 chasis instead? I am only curious because it doesn't have "Cooler Master" next to it, so I'm wondering if it is worse than the elite.

Another question, how much would this cost, shipping  with tax and stuff? (its okay you dont need to answer this one if u dont want to).

I'm trying to look for a computer that will let me play computer games, at least decent with no lag.The current computer I have cannot play any 3-d game unless on lowest settings possible, and I still lag. Games such as sims 3, gta 4, maybe cod (probably not because i have an xbox). I have saved up this money on 7.25$ an hour so I'm trying to be very careful. Also, i sorta want it to look somewhat flashy, i like the whole look that the haf 922 has on the select page.

Edited by alexriv16 - 22 Aug 2010 at 12:33am
!ender_ View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote !ender_ Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 12:44am
not too bad, check out the link in my signature, at a certain level when you start shaving off dollars you are hurting yourself more than helping yourself, the guides $1253 build is the lowest i could reccomend going

shipping will be $65 in us48

tax is 0 unless you are in california
alexriv16 View Drop Down

Quote alexriv16 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 1:01am
Why does that one cost more?

I mean , is 2.66 ghz and 2.80 that big difference?

Edited by alexriv16 - 22 Aug 2010 at 1:07am
Ch3ssplay3r View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ch3ssplay3r Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 11:52am
The Haf 922 is better than the elite. Much better airflow.

The speed numbers of the processors don't really make a difference. Once DS overclocks it, it'll end up around 3.7ghz anyway, no matter what the beginning speed is.The i5 760 is the lowest processor you should consider getting. the i7 860 has hyperthreading, and overclocks a bit better, but since you're on a strict budget, the i5 760 is probably the processor for you.

!enders right though, that build would still be the lowest one I could recommend, anything less and you start losing performance very quickly.

There's some things that you really need that you can't get with that amount of money.. for instance, you really do need 4GB of ram. 2GB just isn't enough. I suppose you could in theory buy another 2GB of ram and insert it later when you have the cash for it.

There's nothing particularly wrong with that case if you're on a budget. It does have enough space, sufficient cooling, looks pretty cool. However the 922's cooling just blows it out of the water.

Edited by Ch3ssplay3r - 22 Aug 2010 at 12:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply