FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally making the switch to PC

Post Date: 2021-03-08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AlHen View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AlHen Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Finally making the switch to PC
    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 8:28pm
Budget:
[$2,000 +/- $500 if it makes much of a difference]

Expectations:
[Id like to be able to play on my TV, I have a 55" 4k smart TV and the Wi-Fi and router is all set up in my entertainment center already, plus I'm not the type to want to sit at a desk so I'm not sure if running on a tv changes what id need ? Id like to be able to play games with a controller still aswell. I'm big into the game skyrim and I want to be able to run a lot of mods enhancing visuals, and would like to be able to play first person shooters like cod, and would like to play escape from tarkov. I should also point out in not very competitive, I dont really play cod warzone but more of team death match, not sure if that makes a difference either. Also I do not stream. Lights in the tower for cosmetic would be cool but is not needed]

Ive looked around on the website but honestly have no idea what im looking for or what does what. Ive grown up on consoles so whatever advice and help I can get will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:18am
This build will give you very strong performance on your TV.

Digital Storm Desktop - Config ID 3806091 - SKU 3245397     
     $2,485.00

System Configuration:
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lynx
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6-Core) 4.6 GHz Turbo

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X570-P / MSI X570-A Pro (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series

Power Supply: 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Seagate FireCuda 520) (NVM Express) (Gen4 PCIe)

Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3070 8GB (Performance Edition) (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)

Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)

Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

I've heavily edited the configuration text to just hit the highlights. if you want to see it in the Configurator, go to the main Forum page, upper right > "Load Config" and copy/paste the Config ID (number only).

The only thing you might wish to stretch the budget for is to ditch the mechanical hard drive for a Samsung 860 EVO for much faster (but smaller) storage. More is easy to add later when you need some. The Primary drive I've given you is small for a reason. It is state-of the art, lightning fast storage that will amaze you. Keeping it small means you have plenty of room for Windows, all your maintenance software, and applications you need for work/school/whatever. Room left over for a few of your favorite games and mods. The compact size keeps the cost down and means all the system scans you must run on a regular basis for maintenance are done in seconds, not minutes.

IMHO, this is the very best you can get at this price point for what you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply