FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally Placed Order. Just One More Question

Post Date: 2008-10-14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jtspectra2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Finally Placed Order. Just One More Question
    Posted: 14 Oct 2008 at 11:52pm
Chassis: Cooler Master HAF 932
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Interior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Power Supply: 1000W PC Power & Cooling (Turbo-Cool Edition) (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0GHz (1333MHz FSB) (12MB Cache)
Motherboard: nVidia 790i Ultra Core 2 Quad (nForce 790i Ultra SLI) (DDR3 Only)
System Memory: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz OCZ Platinum Edition
Card Reader: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 1: 300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (10K RPM) (16MB Cache) (Extreme Speed)
Hard Drive 2: 750GB Western Digital (7200 RPM) (16MB Cache) (SATA) (Extreme Speed)
Raid Option: - No Thanks
Hard Drive 3: - No Thanks
Optical Drive 1: DVD±R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 20x / CD-Writer 48x) (LightScribe Edition)
Optical Drive 2: - No Thanks
Wireless Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Video Card(s): 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1GB) (Includes PhysX Technology)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Razer Barracuda AC-1 (Recommended)
Extreme Cooling: Liquid Chilled FrostBite CPU Only
Internal Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Red Edition) (Cold Cathode Tubes)
Modifications: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Yes, Overclock the processor as much as possible with complete stability
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
Memory Boost: Yes, Overclock memory timings (Includes Memory Fan Kit Installed)
Windows Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-Bit Edition) (For Enthusiasts)
Restore Kit: Digital Storm Specialized Recovery System (DVD Image Based)
Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Benchmarking: - No Thanks
Pre-Install Game: Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition (Pre-Install, apply updates, and test gameplay with my system)
LCD Display: Samsung 24 inch (Widescreen) (Black) (High-Performance Gaming Display)
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks my keyboard comes with a mouse
External Storage: - No Thanks
Warranty: 3 Year Platinum Care Extended Parts & Labor Warranty

I SELECTED THAT BOTH MY PROCESSOR AND MEMORY BE OVERCLOCKED. SINCE I ALREADY SELECTED 1600 MHz Ram , Will OC OF MY MEMORY EVEN BE NEEDED SINCE THE RULE IS TO MATCH UR RAM TO UR CPU's CLOCK SPEED ???? OR WILL I BE OK WITH HOW I CONFIGED IT ??

Edited by jtspectra2 - 15 Oct 2008 at 12:18am
Q9650 @ 4.2Ghz( Liquid Cooled), 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3, GTX280 SLI, VRaptor,HAF 932
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:24am
you could have just asked for the fan.

great build, I would have gone with 1333MHz ram

we have a discussion going on about it, you can see it here, if you look at the charts you will see there is not much difference

other then that, are you planning on gaming in surround? cause the razer is a great card but not for gaming sourround due to lack of suppprort for eax.

so if you are big on game surround go with creative, if not or you are going to be using headphones, then stick with what you got.

other then that, you got a killer there

very nice.

btw you dont' have to oc to get the fan, you don't choose oc and when you call to order, you ask them to install the fan, just fyi

great man, you gonna love it

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:27am
i game with headphones , so hopefully that will be a good card. The major reason i got the sound card was for music ? is that one good for music ? thats what i was told.

and since i already placed my order , could i call and change it ? or how do i go about doing that ???

if i choose not to change it , will DS make sure that my CPU and memory are about even ? or will i have memory thats overclocked for no reason?

Edited by jtspectra2 - 15 Oct 2008 at 12:28am
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:31am
yes just call them up and see what stage you are in, if its stage one I think they would do it.

did we discuss vista ultimate vs premium?

razer's only flaw is game surround, other then that its top notch

I also like to point out that Alex said higher ram does show a bit more performance, so in short if money is no biggie, and you prefer to have the 1600MHz go ahead, but performance vs cost, you should notice very minimal gains going from 1333 to 1600.

read that thread, look at all the info and then decide, you obviously know where I stand and which I would get, but look at all the info then make up your mind.

if you want to change anything the sooner you call them the better.

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:35am
money is not an issue , so ill probably just leave it at the 1600. how much can they oc it if its already at 1600 ? did i spend that extra 45 for nothing ? lol

whats the diff in ultimate and home.??? i already use ultimate so im kinda used to that

i just placed the order tonight , so i should still be in stage one tomorrow.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:50am
ok the real difference with ultimate and premimum is remote connect, if you don't use that, then save your money and go with premium.

OC speed won't matter to be honest, if you look at the charts in that link you will see there is barely any difference.

besides, you will never achive maximum oc even with the 1333 cause look:

your cpu has a 9 multiplier.

at 1333 ram speed you are looking at this:

1333 ÷ 2 = 666.5

666.5 x 9 = 5998.5 or 5.9/6.0GHz OC speed.

your will never achieve anything close to that speed, you are looking at oc speed of 3.8 or 4.0GHz.

so you see before we even get to 1600 we are maxed out.

I would have gone with the 1333 and oc to 1600 if needed.

price to go to 1600 from 1333 = $200

price to oc from 1333 to 1600 = $55

again personal preference not really much difference in speed or OC speed.

Edited by DST4ME - 15 Oct 2008 at 12:50am

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 12:52am
ya i understand that . i wanted to OC my CPU . and im content with that.
my question is , was it smart for me to select memory Overclocking ? or was that a waste of my money ?
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 1:00am
I think since you told them to not oc your ram and just give the fan, they are probalby just gonna charge you for the fan which is around $25.

otherwise yes, its a waste.

Quote jtspectra2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 1:15am
ya well. somehow my notes got deleted and weren't sent to DS. so ill have to call them tomorrow and change it.

also DST. im hearing bad things about the razor sound card. are you sure im gunna be able to listen to my music in surround sound ? i have a 5.1 system.
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Oct 2008 at 1:29am
here is some info on it:

The Razer Barracuda™ AC-1 Gaming Audio Card, powered by Razer Fidelity™ delivers optimized audio signals directly from the computer game to the gamer, creating the most realistic gaming environment. The Razer Barracuda AC-1 features proprietary Razer audio technologies including the patent pending Razer Enhanced Sonic Perception™ (ESP) architecture and Razer’s 3D (720°) Positional Gaming Audio Engine™ to allow gamers to pinpoint exact location of enemies more accurately than before.

Razer Enhanced Sonic Perception™ (ESP) enhances positional audio in gaming to allow competitive gamers to take advantage of the expanded dynamic soundstage in-game.
Dolby® Pro-Logic IIx surround processor splits stereo audio into 7.1 channel surround sound.
Dolby® Headphone technology conveys 5.1 surround or 3D gaming sounds over stereo headphones.
Independent Dolby® Digital Live (AC-3) 5.1 real-time encoding bit-stream to facilitate connection with CE AV receiver.
Dolby® Virtual Speaker solution brings amazing virtual surround sound fields via general two speakers.
DTS® Interactive Real-time 5.1 encoder that takes any 2 or more channels and encodes it into DTS bit stream
DTS® NeoPC An upmixing matrix that turns any 2 channel audio into 7.1 surround sound.
Supports 7.1 CH digital audio playback for WinXP 64, WinXP ,Win2000 (Microsoft® DirectX V.9.0 above is required) and most industrial standards of PC 3D sound for gaming, including EAX™ 1.0&2.0, A3D™ 1.0, and DirectSound™.
PCI 2.2 interface (Burst Modes and Bus Mastering) 4 synchronous I2S input/output pairs.
Integrated 192k/24-bit S/PDIF receiver/transmitter Multi-channel AC-link. (supports up to 2 AC97 codecs)
S/PDIF IN supports digital loop back path for transforming between optical and RCA connection.
Serial bus to communicate with micro control unit (MCU)lMPU-401 MIDI UART port support.
All I2S I/O pairs support 32-bit high-definition PCM data transfer and adjustable sample rate up to 192KHz.

also checkout this thread herefrom what the guys are saying in that thread, they get both 5.1 or 7.1 surround, but not in certain games.
 Post Reply Post Reply