FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally ready to get the gaming chair

Post Date: 2020-09-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rosella View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rosella Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Finally ready to get the gaming chair
    Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 1:21am
Our house is growing. I went from 1 desk and 1 pc to 3 desks and 3 PC now. Wife has her desk, the child has his own PC, I have my player and the 4th is a replacement. I have bought chairs worth $ 75- $ 150 almost every 1-2 years for the last 5 years and I really need to find one that grabs me. It makes me think I'm not enough for my butt, so now I go astray on a chair budget and open my wallet a bit. If I can find one that meets all my needs, I will be willing to purchase around $ 300.

It cannot be a cloth seat. You must play up to 20 hours a week, forever or as close as possible forever. To play much more, I have these damn kids ...Has to support a pudgy manlet.what I have been looking into from Bzfuture.What is your experience with the chairs you play with?

Muz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 4:23am
I thought it was gimmicky at first but then I sat in one and wow was I impressed. I purchased a "gaming" chair from Secretlabs last year as a present to myself. It's a bit of a premium but it is the best $320 investment ever and my back thanks me for it. I sit/stand 10+ hours a day for work/pleasure and this chair is mega comfy. I've even fell asleep in it several times. The one i got was the omega cloth series so you might want to go with the titan PLU series if you're a bit larger. Highly recommend. Toms Hardware did a write up a couple of days ago on these chairs as well. Worth a look.

Edited by Muz - 09 Sep 2020 at 7:48am
netranger6 View Drop Down

Quote netranger6 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Sep 2020 at 10:30pm
Got the gtracing Ace in grey. I'm 250 and 6 ft. Its fine.
BGoldenOne View Drop Down

Quote BGoldenOne Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 3:59pm
I would LOVE to get one of the new Logitech / Herman Miller chairs but it seems as though they have the same availability as the 30 series cards
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 4:41pm
Ordered me one after looking and reading some posts here and there. Ordered the Secretlabs Titan 2020 Stealth. Estimated ship date of 10/21.
Maybe, just maybe my PC will be here by then!
andrewp View Drop Down

Quote andrewp Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 6:31am
Ergonomic Office Gaming Chairs of BestOffice. I was looking for a comfortable office chair that could handle long sessions at the keyboard, but didn't cost an arm and a leg. This chair checked all those boxes. I work from home, so I didn't need a "professional" chair, so I don't mind the gaming/racing design.
Overall, it's extremely comfortable. The pillows that are included make it adjustable for lumbar and neck support. I also really like the footrest! Overall, the darn thing is so comfortable, I could nap in it if I chose it.

...removed link...

Edited by Snaike - 28 Oct 2020 at 6:05am
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 7:43am
Nice you found a chair to your liking.

Got my Titan from SecretLabs.
Pricey=yes
Well built=yes
Pleasing to the eye=yes
Adjustable=yes, like adjustable in so many ways.

After buying numerous office chairs at various prices, I decided to spend more on a good gaming chair. I am not disappointed in my pick. As well as this thing is built, I won't have to buy another chair for a long, long time. Thus making the price very reasonable to me.
Old Gamers Never Die!
Nomad1970 View Drop Down

Quote Nomad1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 8:38pm
I bought this one from amazon, I am large and it works fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088H63254/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Nomad1970 - 27 Oct 2020 at 8:41pm
My Precious 2
I7-9700 oc 4.7GHz
32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
SSD M.2 (512GB Samsung 970 PRO)
SSD M.2 1TB Samsung 970 EVO
240GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD
1TB W.D. HD
EVGA GTX 1080Ti
zwarrior64 View Drop Down

Quote zwarrior64 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 5:57pm
I got tired of cheaper desk chairs and that the cylinders gave out in a year or less. I did some research and while the 'gaming' chairs looked cool and had lots of features a lot of them weren't rated that heavy. I'm average height but broad and around 280 lb.(was 330 lb. when I bought the chair) so I started looking for big and tall chairs. Alot of articles I read recommended Fast Furniture's Hercule big and tall chairs. Theres a few different styles. I ordered mine from Amazon around 3 years ago and its still sturdy and cylinder holding up great. I did come with one armrest not welded right but they had me a new one in no time at all. Leather and metal frame easy to clean and mostly retained its shape. Im quite happy with it. Ill post a link to the style i have
https://www.flashfurniture.com/ccrz__ProductDetails?viewState=DetailView&cartID=&sku=GO-2149-LEA-GG&isCSRFlow=true&portalUser=&store=&cclcl=en_US

hope it helps
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 30 Mar 2022 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by zwarrior64

Ill post a link to the style i have
https://www.flashfurniture.com/ccrz__ProductDetails?viewState=DetailView&cartID=&sku=GO-2149-LEA-GG&isCSRFlow=true&portalUser=&store=&cclcl=en_US

hope it helps
Actually quite a good looking chair. Thanks for the head's up!!

Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 May 2022 at 6:24pm
See my post above about my chair from Secret Labs. High quality and several chairs to choose from. In my experience, a plushy chair is NOT comfortable to sit in for long periods of time. My chair from Secret Labs feels firm, as do my seats in my new Ram Laramie. But you can sit in them for hours on end and not feel the bum burn.
Old Gamers Never Die!
 Post Reply Post Reply