Firefox

Post Date: 2009-09-04

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BigKid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BigKid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Firefox
    Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 2:46am
I am having an "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" indication when I navigate to certain web sites - like yahoo mail sign-in page for example. It shows the error in a bar immediately below the tab bar. In the same bar, an "Allow" button shows up on the right side, and when I click Allow, the page jumps as if it is reloading, but the same error comes up again. The page functions normally ( I am able to sign on fine) but it bugs me. Big%20smile

I have looked through Firefox tools menu, but nothing jumps out at me that appears to be set wrong.

Any ideas?

brian View Drop Down

Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 4:42am
has anyone updated their firefox to 3.5??  I did and Im having issues of it freezing when i have more than 1 brower window open.  the only way to get out of one is to go down and right click and push close.  This will not only close just that one but both windows i have open.  Strange I know... its never did this before. 
Antec 900 case
Nvidia 750i FTW Motherboard
Zalman 9500 CPU cooler
8400 3.6
2 gig of 1066 ram
1 Evga GTX 465
24" Samsung LCD

3DMark06= 17,360
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 5:36am
brian, my 3.5.2 has been doing great I can't duplicate your problem unfortunately. dry disabling your extensions and see if that helps.

BigKid, I can't duplicate your problem either, but how are your security settings? are your cookies enabled, if yes what is the setting?
BigKid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote BigKid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 11:50am
DST, I was looking at the settings to gather the info you requested and I spotted the problem. I went to Tools>Options>Advanced>General Tab> then unchecked "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload page" .

Bingo. Duh. But mostly Bingo!

Must've checked that box in late-night paranoia moment after I first installed Firefox 3.5.2 Star.

I had an unpleasant Firefox moment this morning ... a yahoo toolbar addon installed overnight. I am going to uninstall it, but I don't like the idea of that happening!

One other Firefox-related issue that I may face in the very near future is that my friends allo use MSN IM to chat. I have read that it is incompatible with Firefox and will call IE8 because of hard code. Is there any way to use MSN IM without involving IE? Is it bad to run two browsers? Like Brian mentions, he is having problems doing so.

Star
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:49pm
you have a beast now, you can run 5 browsers and not even feel it, its one of many side effects of having a beast with 6GB of ram

I'm very happy you figured it out, its a settings most times.

Edited by DST4ME - 04 Sep 2009 at 12:50pm
BigKid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote BigKid Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by DST4ME

you have a beast now, you can run 5 browsers and not even feel it, its one of many side effects of having a beast with 6GB of ram

Suuhweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply