FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firewalls firewalls every where

Post Date: 2020-07-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yuvismahi2 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote yuvismahi2 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Firewalls firewalls every where
    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 8:43am
I keep seeing requests for what firewall to use and a lot of the time I’m surprised by the results. I’ve worked in multi-vendor environment and from my experience the suggestions that are being made shock me and make me wonder if it’s just my experience. So let’s list the firewalls and make a pros and con for each one. And this isn’t a bad mouth this is a in our experience. Because at the end of the day we are all fan boys for one product or another but let’s be honest. Some of the swankiest stuff has the biggest cons going weather its usability, cost or support. Also this is more from the multi-vendor support out there so we can get an overall picture of the field.

Juniper SRX Pros – cheap, solid networking product, powerful command line

Con – Useless Gui, nextgen features not great, steep learning curve, ALG

Checkpoint Pros –Gui is easy to use for most things, next gen features excellent

Con – expensive to buy and support, always feels like beta version with bugs, networking elements not great. Networking elements a bit hit or miss. Turing on all fetures will dramatically bog down the firewall, best to reinstall than upgrade.
 Post Reply Post Reply