Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milb65 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote milb65 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: First Custom Build
    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 12:12pm
Budget:
Open, i have keyboard and mouse, have budget for 4k monitor.

Expectations:
My first gaming PC that I did not have to recycle parts from previous PCs.

Usage:
I play alot of World of Warcraft, and Starcraft. Starting to get into Final Fantasy.

Special Needs:
Looking for an overall quiet PC. Have dogs that shed, although they are not allowed in my office, there is foot traffic that may bring in their hair, so a closed cased would be optimal. I understand that a closed case may require liquid cooling.

Saved Ticket #:
Build id 2915455

Specifications:
Chassis
Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos

Core Components
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700F (4.7 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.0 GHz (Not Overclockable)

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair / EVGA / Thermaltake (Modular) (80 Plus Gold)

Storage / Connectivity
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)

Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Graphics / Multimedia
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Digital Storm Engineering
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard Factory Chassis Fans

Digital Storm TwisterBoost Technology
Boost Processor: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking

Software
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)

Accessories / Goodies

Customer Care
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
Bob100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Bob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:06pm
If you want to maximize "quiet", consider the Corsair ML series magnetic levitation fans. They are virtually silent.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 4:00am
The Lumos is hardly a closed case, but just about every case has to breathe somehow. With the filters, pet hair will rarely get in, but dust will always be something you have to clean out from time to time in every case. The Lumos is an excellent choice.

Your list says 850W Corsair PSU, but the build # shows a 1000W DS. You don't need more than 850W, and the Corsair is warranted for 10 years.

The DS M.2 SSD is a SATA drive in the slim motherboard plug-in M.2 form factor. It is around 5x slower than an actual NVMe M.2 which uses the PCIe bus for its superior speed. You should upgrade to a Samsung 512GB 970 PRO NVMe drive. You show a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for your storage drive in your list, but the config # has an HHD listed. I can recommend you get a Samsung SSD for main storage, but you should note that you can get 2TB for only $17 more. (Dunno why.)

The Internal lighting strip is free. Bob 100 is correct about the Corsair case fan upgrade. I'm okay with saving $ on a 9700F, but the day could come down the road when you wished you had a proc you could overclock for extended life of your system. Something you could consider. DS will give you a safe and mild overclock on a 9700K for free, or you could wait 'til you felt you needed it. Intel has a free download to help you overclock one of their K chips yourself.

Hope it helps. Feel free to ask us questions.
milb65 View Drop Down

Quote milb65 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:19am
Cretae .. thank you for your input. I have made the appropriate changes. Please see the latest build. 2916641

Also, given the current state of affairs, do you or anyone else in this forum have any insight as to DS' ability to deliver on orders?

Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 4:10am
That's a toughie. My understanding is the six counties right around San Francisco have advised their residents to shelter in place. One of those counties is Alameda, where Fremont is located. Last I knew, DS was located around Fremont area. The advisory is not mandatory.

Anyway, they will be happy to let you know if they are on their phones! Your build looks good, BTW. I hope you can get it as soon as you'd like.
 Post Reply Post Reply