FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First Real Gaming PC: Thoughts?

Post Date: 2012-05-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TotalKiRaRoth View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: First Real Gaming PC: Thoughts?
    Posted: 12 May 2012 at 7:27pm
Hey you guys, its nice to finally find a good gaming pc site. :P

Anyways, the truth is that I am in a serious quandry.

I have decided to ditch my crap laptop to the archives and buy a new gaming pc. The issue is that I am on a real tight budget, what with living expenses, school, and the like. However, the Digital Storm Marauder seems to be the answer to all of my woes, an affordable pc with relatively powerful components.

Here's the issue, I have the idea to save money and buy the Level 1 Marauder. But will it manage the games I know I love playing.

List of Games I play most often:
World of Warcraft
League of Legends
Starcraft 2
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2
Magic 2012
Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim
Borderlands
Mass Effect
King's Bounty
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Games I plan on buying:
Stalker
Lord of the Rings: Online
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Guild Wars 2

Will the Level 1 Marauder work for me, or will it be best to move up to level 2? Also, if it is a simple matter of buying the Level 1 and swapping the graphics card, then say so because I can certainly do that at a later time.

Hope for some good news soon. Thanks guys

Sirus View Drop Down

Quote Sirus Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:06pm
Couple more important things, how much are you willing to spend, do you have a monitor/plan on getting one.  Also, it might be better to save up and get the whole package at once, as even if you wait for a higher video card (and I mean 6 or more months) you might only save $100-$200 depending on what you get, and if you use one or two cards.
Yes, I really am that guy.

Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:05am
Trying to avoid spending more than 1200 bucks if I can help it. And I plan on buying the 18.5 inch Asus monitor that is with the Marauder. Let it be known that I am NOT looking for something for competitive gaming, not some MLG rig. I am looking for a personal enjoyment pc that I can just sit back and relax with, and with that I intend on having only one good graphics card in it. I am not really a pc nut, nor am I as mechanically inclined as some of you. I enjoy pc gaming and want a rig that does that for me, nothing more really.

So to put it simply, is the Level 1 rig good enough for just gaming for personal enjoyment and with enough power to run the games listed above, or would upgrading to the Level 2 make more sense?

Also, I play games like Crysis 2 and MW3 on my Xbox, so I am not looking for uber power here. I have no issue whatsoever playing more demanding games on my console. Just saying
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 5:56am
Hi TotalKiRaRoth.....I don't know all the specs for those games, but don't believe they're very demanding when compared to shooters, etc. 

I think either Marauder  lvl1 or 2 would give you decent gaming with the monitor you mentioned.

Here's a link to compare the difference in video cards between the two to help you decide.  Obviously, the more you can budget the better especially for gaming in a year or two..

Hope this helps and good luck.Big%20Smile

Edited by bprat22 - 13 May 2012 at 5:57am

Quote TotalKiRaRoth Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:47pm
Thx bprat22, that actually helped alot. Seeing it simple like that really helps.

I may end up just saving a bit more and getting the level 2. The upgraded motherboard and graphics card really seem to make things alot better for only 200 bucks more.

Another pay check should cover that. Thanks a million.

And yeah, believe it or not, but WoW is actually kinda demanding, contrary to popular belief.

Also, I play most shooters on my Xbox (Black Ops, Crysis, etc.), so the FPS graphical demand is not necessary. I play mostly MMOs, lower grade FPSs (L4D, Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, etc.), and ALOT of indie games. Plus I don't tend to play games at the highest res possible (1900 by 1200 1080p). 1280 by 720 has done me fine so far, with 1366 by 768 when I play WoW.

All good then. Thanks again. Looking forward to my new investment.
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)

Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 May 2012 at 4:15am
Good luck with your decision and keep us posted.  If and when you get it , a few pics would be great.Big%20SmileBig%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply