FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

First time buying a Gaming PC: bolt 3 vs Apollo?

Post Date: 2016-12-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Air Karry View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Air Karry Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: First time buying a Gaming PC: bolt 3 vs Apollo?
    Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 9:14pm
Hey guys,

I've been looking to buy a gaming PC for quite some time now but I feel a bit overwhelmed with so many configuration options available, as well as all of the different rigs on the market. Digital Storm has definitely caught my attention because the machines look great, and the customer reviews I've seen have been largely positive. I've been looking at the Bolt 3, and I think it's aesthetics are phenomenal. Not to mention, reviews on it say that it is also one powerful computer. However I have heard that it can run quite loud and can leave little room for upgrades. The Apollo is another rig that doesn't look as quite pleasing to me visually, but still is pretty cool. How does this one compare, and do you think its the better option for the needs I've listed.

Budget: My budget is around $2500, but I can go up to $3000 if its necessary

Expectations:
-Strong performance for gaming
-Potential 4k gaming in the future
-Dual monitor set up
-Streaming

Any suggestions on what build would be best for my budget and usage?

Thank you, and sorry if there are any basic questions that are really obvious, I'm not very knowledgeable with computer building!
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 8:52am
Hi Air Karry...  Either the Bolt 3 or the Apollo, Corsair 760t, rte very good picks.   The Bolt does offer you something a little different and smaller,  The Apollo gives you a larger case, but with it you get more airflow and more room to work on .  The Bolt is a compact case.  

The Apollo also offers the sli, 2x video card, option where the Bolt is single card only.   Other than sli and different case size, they both work.

If you want to 4K game then I would wait until January for the rumored release of the gtx 1080Ti.  It will out perform the very expensive Titan X Pascal for a lot less money.  Otherwise, for strong 4k gaming, you would need a sli setup, like sli gtx 1080, which would blow your budget.

I didn't do a config until we know if you can wait or not.

Hope this helps. Big%20Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply