Post Date: 2020-12-07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steve123 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote steve123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: flight sim 2020
    Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:14pm
i have 208oti 64gb ram 2tb ssd but when running flight sim fans are really loud can my system and fans handle this game for hours
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 10:41pm
Should be able to handle it, although you may have to lower settings in the game. It is a very graphically intensive game. For me, I consider it broken for now. Constant crashing! Removed it and will load it back up once the game gets fixed, if it ever does!

In the meantime, I will just reload FSX and add all the goodies back to it.

Edited by fwfdfireman - 07 Dec 2020 at 10:42pm
Old Gamers Never Die!
carefulpunch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote carefulpunch Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:53pm
Had the same issue before but it should be fine. Didn't have any problem.
carefulpunch
steve123 View Drop Down

Quote steve123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:40am
is it possible to never have fans work hard on any game with ultra settings or is that something the future might hold
fwfdfireman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote fwfdfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:45am
Fans will always need to work hard on graphically intensive games. This will never change. In the future, games become more intensive requiring even stronger performance from the PC, regardless of what year it is, and so the fans will just have to continue working hard when needed.

Maybe someday, in a time far, far away, there might be a solution to end the cycle. But I doubt it! ;-)
Old Gamers Never Die!
steve123 View Drop Down

Quote steve123 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by fwfdfireman

Fans will always need to work hard on graphically intensive games. This will never change. In the future, games become more intensive requiring even stronger performance from the PC, regardless of what year it is, and so the fans will just have to continue working hard when needed.

Maybe someday, in a time far, far away, there might be a solution to end the cycle. But I doubt it! ;-)

what if i had 2 cooling sytems or more than 6 fans would that help or just not playing games hours on end
astreamvn.pay View Drop Down

Quote astreamvn.pay Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 5:58am
This is not going to be serious, I think you don't need to worry about them
H
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:18am
Wouldn't help very much IMHO. The fans dissipate heat that is an inevitable byproduct of the electrical activity within the part. If GPU makers found that their cards needed more cooling to survive the heat generated within, they would have to provide that. That GPUs often last for several years is proof the cooling provided is at least adequate. What the simple solution would appear to be is silent fans. There is tech that can get quieter, but it's expensive. The act of moving air will never be silent.
 Post Reply Post Reply