FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

frostbite and the new Sub-zero

Post Date: 2009-11-21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sonic=way_past_cool View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sonic=way_past_cool Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: frostbite and the new Sub-zero
    Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 10:52am
can anyone tell me whats the diffrence between the two and y sub-zero cost so much more?Confused

Also, y arent dual loop options still available for frostite??Sleepy

and y we only get colored tubing vs the way cooler clear tubes with the colored liquid, it almost makes me not wanna get the video cards LCEd no more( when i purchase in the future)?Dead

also are all the black ops editions black on the inside(y theirs no more interior paint job options)

Edited by sonic=way_past_cool - 21 Nov 2009 at 11:01am
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Nov 2009 at 1:22pm
The older FrostBite is now the FrostChill system.

The Sub-Zero is a more high-end better system than the FrostChill do to a number of things:
1. Pump head upgrade for faster and better liquid flow rates.
2. Bay mounted reservoiur so you may add/monitor your fluid level without opening the chassis.
3. Larger default radiator size of a single 240mm and goes up to two 240mm and a 360mm radiator if you select the Stage 6 Sub-Zero package.
4. Options to liquid cool the chipset.
5. German engineering on the waterblocks.

Overall the Sub-Zero is the best of the best in it's class.

Dual loop options are only available for the Stage 6 liquid cooling system which adds video cards.

We are moving away from colored fluid because either the color fades away over time.

We stopped offering internal paint jobs because we have replaced that option with our Noise suppression package. All Black|OPS cases are not all black inside, its what ever they come stock from the manufactuer.
Raif View Drop Down

Quote Raif Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Nov 2009 at 10:48pm
i heard that colored fluid does not last a long, is that in terms of use or color?. is that true?

Also whats to stop the tubing from fading?

whats the cost relativity to fluid vs hoses?

how often to you have to maintain a LC system?

What would you need to maintain one?

noise suppression is great and all but...

1 do you have to remove fans? or does that hinder the fan airflow upgrades?

2 does it choke the system?

3 whats the point of noise suppression if your getting LC... LC systems should already be much quieter unless i am mistaken. if your system is LC then around 90% of your noise should be from the GPU fans. if you get the whole package where everything is cooled then theoretically there should be little to no noise at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply