FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Froza Horizon Manual with Clutch not realistic

Post Date: 2022-04-12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fluis View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote fluis Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Froza Horizon Manual with Clutch not realistic
    Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 6:56am
I have been playing Horizon 5 for the past few days using a manual with clutch transmission. In the real world, you can use the clutch to get your car going. In Forza however, it seems like the clutch is meant to be used only to upshift and downshift? I engage the clutch, shift to gear 1, and release the clutch and the car just sits there. Is this how it is meant to be or is there a problem with my settings? Thanks.
Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 11:55am
I have both Forza 4 & Forza 5 but I race my cars in auto shift mode not manual. I think I have 65 racing videos I made on Forza 5 up on my YouTube channel "Ken Wigger" I have also have over 50 on Forza 4.

I really enjoy Forza 5 but have not really tried out the manual shifting myself. Hopefully one of the Forum members have used that manual mode that you prefer.

I just use a wireless Microsoft XBox controller with my new Digital Storm computer to steer and race wheel. Some people go ahead and get the separate steering wheel, brace, clutch, gas, & brake using a Logitech system I think it is called. It would sure make hard cornering easier than using a keyboard or even the MS Xbox controller.

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
 Post Reply Post Reply