FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gaming/Streaming PC HELP!

Post Date: 2019-04-17

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Homko View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Homko Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Gaming/Streaming PC HELP!
    Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
Budget: 1500/2000

Expectations:
New to pc gaming and always wanted to play games like Rust, Minecraft, Fort and Pub G. Games like these I love to play and want to be able to run them with
good fps (around 60-100+) with good settings (doesn't need to be extreme and ultra settings) I also would like to be able to record and stream while im playing.. Not looking to get into competitive gaming... just looking for fun and causal type gaming if that matter in parts. last thing I don"t want to have to upgrade my parts for about 2-3 years. longer works as well.

Usage:
I only want to play games and stream and record. with causal web searching.
(making youtube vids as as well)

Special Needs:
None atm

Saved Ticket #: dont have one

Specifications:
Trying to find the best deal here. any help I will greatly appreciate! thanks

Edited by Homko - 17 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:20pm
Monitor resolution is what helps with the best configuration...
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:44am
You're in the right place. You have three paths forward as I see it.

1. Lynx Level 3 at $1399. Best bargain for gaming at 1080p resolution. Very capable AMD CPU; RTX 2060 GPU very good at 1080p; 16GB of RAM for future proofing and streaming. Air cooling is good, 600W power supply allows for a video upgrade one step higher in the future.

2. Vanquish Level 4 at $1799. Small step up to Intel i7-8700 CPU; large step up to an RTX 2070 which will kill at 1080p and is the sweet spot for 1440p gaming. 16GB of Ram again, still air cooling and still at 600W power supply.

3. Lynx Level 4 at $1999. Top of your budget, but now your in the best possible place at that price. Excellent gaming CPU: i7-9700k. Newest tech and very fast. Still at the RTX 2070 for 1440p. 16 GB of RAM; double capacity at 500 GB of your primary boot drive; all-in-one liquid cooling for the CPU; and a step up to 750W power for better upgrade choices in the future. For example, that PSU would allow the top-end video cards out now.

All these machines will perform to your specifications out of the box. 1 is not going to be as good for higher res than 1080p, but will game and stream well at that level. There is not very much difference performance-wise among the CPUs that you will notice for many years. They all have 16GB of RAM, so you're not gimped there. Air cooling is fine when not overclocking. The only drawback with the 600W power is it's not enough for the ridiculously expensive top GPUs, but you are not in that market. Any choice will will be very solid for you.
Homko View Drop Down

Quote Homko Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:40pm
Okay so now what kind of monitor should i get. I want a larger one and willing to spend 2-500. (26 inches plus) msi i heard was a good company. also with el gato do you know anything about how it works?
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Apr 2019 at 4:51am
Kinda like asking someone to pick the color of your new car. I game on a 1920x1200 24" IPS monitor located in a tight-ish space. That's "1080p" but it has a bit more height (the 1200 pixel height instead of 1080). I think it's great.

If you can, get to a retail store near you and compare 1080p with 1440p. Compare IPS with TN. IPS is better color and clarity. If you go with 1080p, but an RTX 2070, I'd recommend you get Gsync so the card doesn't run away from your screen refresh rate.

Elgato: no clue.
 Post Reply Post Reply