Post Date: 2021-10-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Chunkeymonk View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Chunkeymonk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Gaming/streaming setup
    Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 7:02pm
My brother wants a gaming/streaming setup. I was thinking getting the Lynx pre-built best or ultimate for him.

Any reason why these rigs wouldn't work?

Also what should I look into for monitors?

Thank you!
JamesAstro View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote JamesAstro Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 12:18am
In order to help, we will need to know a little more information. Here is what Digital Storm suggests:

1. Your Budget: How much are you looking to spend on your purchase? Is that including accessories such as a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc?

2. Expectations: What do you expect and want this new computer to have and do? Are you looking to create a triple monitor NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround setup?

3. Usage: How are you planning to use this computer? For example, playing Starcraft II and general web surfing. Or, rendering videos, 3D modeling, photo editing with some light gaming of Battlefield 2 and Mafia II.

4. Special Needs: Use this area for stuff such as you have a large library of movies and need a lot of storage space. Or, you have a very dusty environment and you want to minimize it from going into the system. You could also mention if you are looking for a very quiet computer, or want to achieve the highest overclocks.

I would also suggest giving us the size of monitor that you're planning on using. For example, a 24" 1080p monitor doesn't need a very powerful gaming computer, but 38" ultrawide monitor does, and so does a 4K monitor.

Edited by JamesAstro - 10 Oct 2021 at 12:19am
Velox, Intel Core i9 11900K, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero
32GB RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME
RTX 4090, 38" Ultrawide LG-38GL950G
Noctua NH-D15S cooler and NF-A14 fans, Corsair AX1600i PSU
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 2:07am
Pretty darn good bargain those Lynxes. For my take on what they lack, see my post in "Would You Upgrade This 12 Year Old PC..." There are some issues, but the OP in that thread wants something to last a very long time.

The monitor choice is your personal preference and what you have to spend. You need to decide what resolution you want. The "Best" will power a 1440p resolution at high framerates without difficulty. The "Ultimate" is for medium to excellent frames at 4K resolution.
Chunkeymonk View Drop Down

Quote Chunkeymonk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 5:16am

I'm thinking about getting the pre-built Lynx ultimate or best as it's a pretty good setup and cheaper then custom building it.

1. Your Budget:$3000(+500) for PC, keyboard, mouse, 2 monitors.

2. Expectations: I want to play the newest games at max settings and stream through twitch.

3. Usage: mainly gaming and streaming what I play, maybe editing videos and rendering them but I'm not sure yet.

4. Special Needs: I don't think I have any special needs. Just want a good rig that will last awhile.

With the ultimate I would probably want 4k monitors and with the best I probably want 1440
Danielcharles View Drop Down

Quote Danielcharles Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 7:32am

Let's take a look at everything you need to know about what video game streaming equipment you need.
A High-Quality Microphone.
A Pop Filter or Windscreen.
A Microphone Suspension Stand.
A Webcam.
A Capture Card.
Twitch Video Game Streaming Equipment: Final Thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply