FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

general question on laptop fan

Post Date: 2015-11-04

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ntourniquetn View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 61
  Quote ntourniquetn Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: general question on laptop fan
    Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 3:45pm
Hi all

so my laptop from DS is about 1 year old, it's been running great, there are just 2 things that annoy me a little, I don't know if it's just mine or it's considered standard.

1) the touch pad is super sensitive, I had to turn it off while typing, otherwise even just having my thumb near it will cause the cursor to fly around and click on random things.

2) the fan seems to be constantly on. even when I watch a youtube video, the fan will be on and makes the audio hard to hear.

is anyone else experiencing these things?

thanks!
Back to Top
bprat22 View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

DigitalStorm East -- (Unofficially!)
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20391
  Quote bprat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 3:33am
I don't have a laptop but I think you can use Fn+1 to set fan speeds.   Some use it to keep fans at 100% for heat in gaming.

Touchpad should be adjustable in Control Panel, right click "mouse". or check the manual for its own control panel.    You might have to install new drivers from their website.

Good luck.

Back to Top
Roykirk View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 951
  Quote Roykirk Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 10:36am
Originally posted by ntourniquetn

Hi all

so my laptop from DS is about 1 year old, it's been running great, there are just 2 things that annoy me a little, I don't know if it's just mine or it's considered standard.

1) the touch pad is super sensitive, I had to turn it off while typing, otherwise even just having my thumb near it will cause the cursor to fly around and click on random things.


You should go into the Touchpad software (not sure what it is since you don't mention which laptop you have) and turn off the tap-to-click functions.  This should reduce a lot of random movements and mouse clicks.

Originally posted by ntourniquetn

2) the fan seems to be constantly on. even when I watch a youtube video, the fan will be on and makes the audio hard to hear.

is anyone else experiencing these things?

thanks!


When was the last time you opened up the laptop and cleaned the dust off the heatsinks, fan blades, etc.?  If never, that's why your fans are constantly blowing as the laptop can't cool itself.  I tend to do it every few months and just did it a few days ago.  If you've never done it, look up how to blow the dust off as you can damage the fans if you don't do it correctly.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 9.179688E-02 seconds.