FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gifted the Lynx and I LOVE it

Post Date: 2022-08-02

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CharA View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CharA Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Gifted the Lynx and I LOVE it
    Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:07am
I've been building my own PCs for more years than I'll admit. My "baby blue monster" PC was getting old yet it still ran beautifully. I just wanted a bigger hard drive for our anniversary, but my husband said, no, you need a new computer.

He found the Digital Storm site and handed it over to me to build the machine that I wanted. I chose the Lynx because I didn't need anything super monster, and going down the line of customizing the machine, it offered everything I wanted or needed. I might be 66 years old, but I still love gaming, plus I do a lot of graphics work.

I pretty much kept everything basic defaults:

* Intel Core i9-12900K (5.2 GHz Turbo) (24-Thread) (16-Core) 3.2 GHz (Alder Lake)
* ASUS Prime Z690-P D4 (Wi-Fi) (Intel Z690 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI) (DDR4)
* 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
* 850W Digital Storm Performance Series (Modular) (80 Plus Gold) Power Supply
* 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series) (NVM Express)
* 6TB Seagate / Toshiba hard drive (an absolute must when working on graphics projects that take up a LOT of space)
* Extenral Optical Drive (an absolute must to have this)
* High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
* WiFi (not needed but it came with the motherboard, so...)
* 1x GeForce GTX 1650 4GB
* Integrated Motherboard Audio
* H20: Stage 3: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Triple Fan) (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
* Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
* Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)
* Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)

What I really loved was during the waiting period, we got updates on the progress of my new machine. I didn't mind the wait - quality first!

Finally it was on its way and I occupied my excitement by backing up everything on my current PC.

When it arrived, I unboxed it and was like... WOW WOW WOW... the entire time. When I inspected it, I was again WOW WOW WOW ... taken back to the first PC I ever built and those ugly fat cables that made the inside a mess. This was sleek and beautiful. I was in awe.

Of course I couldn't wait to plug it in, but I waited for hubby to give it a look over before ignition, approving the new machine highly.

A breeze to plug in, I had already mapped out which peripheral to plug into particular USB ports. We did have to hunt for a DVI cable as one of my monitors is VGA/DVI only. Luckily we had two brand new DVI cables tucked away in our private parts department.

I turned it on and .... insta-screen. Hubby: "Did you see it boot up?" Me: "Nope." It was that fast, that sweet and continues to be a great workhorse as well as an excellent gaming machine.

I've had my new baby for almost a month, and held off on the review to give time to thoroughly check out any issues I might have had, but this machine has not given me any grief at all. I'd definitely purchase from Digital Storm again and no where else. I've also sent recommendations to friends who are looking for a new PC and or laptop.

Onkel_Ken View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Onkel_Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:22am
Congrats!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Digital Storm owners.

I am a 12 year Digital Storm customer myself and just got a new one in December. They are super FAST!!!!

It appears you are as happy with yours as I and other owners have been over the years.

Welcome aboard!

Velox X/AMD 5900X/MSI X570 Pro Carbon MB/32GB DDDR 3600 DSPS/850W PS/500GB Samsung 980 Pro/1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus/500 GB HDD/Sound Blaster AE-7/EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX 3080 10GB/Liquid CPU cooler AIO/
CharA View Drop Down

Quote CharA Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Onkel_Ken

Congrats!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Digital Storm owners.

I am a 12 year Digital Storm customer myself and just got a new one in December. They are super FAST!!!!

It appears you are as happy with yours as I and other owners have been over the years.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you so much!! I look forward to a long relationship with Digital Storm. It was kind of nice too, to sit back and let someone else build my machine for once. My other machine we've kept as our back up and I can still be techno-geeky with it. :D
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 12:10pm
Congratulations and welcome, again, to Digital Storm.

Thank you for the review.   
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 4:07am
Three-time owner. I'm not going anywhere else. Congrats!
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 5:48am
Congratulations and welcome to DS. Awesome

Enjoy your system.
Smile

BTW we like images. Excited

Edited by hoserator - 03 Aug 2022 at 5:49am
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:29am
Originally posted by CharA

Thank you so much!! I look forward to a long relationship with Digital Storm. It was kind of nice too, to sit back and let someone else build my machine for once. My other machine we've kept as our back up and I can still be techno-geeky with it. :D

While were here, if you wish to have the "Verified Customer" badge, all you need to do is change your forum's email address to exactly match your ordering email address. (Case sensitive, like a password.)
 Post Reply Post Reply