FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good Customer Service

Post Date: 2012-08-22

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Old Texan View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote Old Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Good Customer Service
    Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:57am
I received my new DS system in July after ordering it in June.  Packaging was first rate and I was happy with it out of the box.  Then there was an issue, I was getting blue screens, the first suspect was the AMD Radeon Vid Card since there are known issues with SWTOR running on it.  That was replaced but the blue screens continued and DS sent me some software and we looked up errors and there were a bunch of Memory errors coming up.  So replacement RAM was shipped.
 
Here is the difference in DS, I received a 2 gig NVidia Card for my 3 Gig AMD Radeon and a different brand of RAM.  I had some concerns even though the NVidia was a newer and better card design.  So I posted on it, the same day I get a response from DS customer service.  I sent them an email and we discussed the issues and they listened.  That in itself for a 7 yr veteran of Compaq was nice to see out of a Tech company now days.  They understood that by shipping me replacement parts that I was not expecting that there was a question created as to what was going on here.
 
Resolution I bought an upgrade NVidia 4 gig card and they are shipping me the RAM that I was happy with when I bought the computer.  It isn't always getting it right the first time that makes a good company, it is being willing to listen and go back to the customer and make it right after the fact and admitting that yes this process could use improvement that makes a Great Company to deal with.
In the end all that will be remembered is what you screwed up (Wife's View)
Back to Top
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16314
  Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 12:42pm
Glad to hear, thank you for posting your remarks.
Back to Top
Orange7 View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 776
  Quote Orange7 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:07pm
That's great to hear, Texan.

I know how you feel man. After Dell, DS customer support was like a breath of fresh air in a fetid swamp.
DS xm15 Stage 4
i7-3820 (2.7GHz/3.7GHz)
16GB 1600MHz DDR3
GT 630, 1GB
240GB Intel 520
Back to Top
Old Texan View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
  Quote Old Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:05am
Yeah ouch, I was at Compaq when they moved customer service phone support off shore the first time.  Then some Vice Presidents and the President of the company got to field some phone calls from the CIOs and CEOs of some of our major accounts and for the large customers it all got moved back to the US.  Amazing what not having to translate someones accent while they read a tech sheet does for feeling like something may actually get fixed here.
 
Then I was in charge of Sourcing for some Mid Sized companies and dealt with DELL Customer Support, it cost DELL two seperate accounts and almost another one at a major company that I was working for and was working with their account reps.  I booted them from two companies for lying to us about customer support issues and machine issues.  At the Fortune 500 the only thing that saved them from getting booted was the change over cost to another supplier and they paid us huge amounts of money to fix stuff and keep the business.  That said look at the announcement I am not sure how much longer they will remain around.
In the end all that will be remembered is what you screwed up (Wife's View)
Back to Top
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Joined: 17 Sep 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13000
  Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:23pm
Awesome
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 8.203125E-02 seconds.