FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good or Bad?

Post Date: 2011-11-09

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AdinWilliam View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AdinWilliam Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Good or Bad?
    Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:32am
What do you think about tv shows? I think some tv shows are based on our real life and while watching these shows we can improve our life style.

DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:53am
LOL you are joking right, there is nothing on tv that is ever real, they will try to fool you into believing it is, but it never is.

anything on tv is as true as those infomercials that you see on tv which promise you a bodybuilder's physique with just 5 minutes a day with that product.
Steveski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Steveski Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:31am
I have to disagree DST4ME. I think some shows are based on real life experiences at least. Some are a mirror into real life. One in particular comes to mind - "Everybody Loves Raymond". I don't know the name of the episode but it is about Raymond getting mad at Debra and saying she uses her "lady's days" as an excuse to tear into him. He goes as far as buying her pills to fix her mood swings which makes her even more insane. It absolutely hilarious for the simple reason that its so true. I can't even look at my wife during the episode without her giving me a dirty look. If you haven't experienced anything even remotely like that you aren't married...LOL.
jimbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 7:36pm
Real life ... canned laugh tracks interrupted every 4-6 minutes with commercials..
popup adds ... popup promos and even popping up telling you what you are watching LOLUpsetLOL
Life's too short
DST4ME View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

Quote DST4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12 Nov 2011 at 5:32am
Steve in all honesty, let me say I love "Everybody Loves Raymond", but its just a show, there is nothing in that show that is real, you made a connection to a small thing here and there, but look at that house, their life style, non of is possible in real lif, to be honest unfortunately the reason you have that problem with your wife is because certain shows has put that in women's mind where its almost always about pulling one over the other.

as a matter of fact I'm 12 years deep myself, and I'm not about to tell anybody how to leave their life or get into such conversions but IMHO key is getting with somebody you are on the same page with when it comes to major things in life, politics/religion, how to raise your kids, once you are on the same page then you don't have the experience raymond had, you have the experience people that are on the same page do, so no I have not had experiences of such that you describe, me and her watch the whole season twice so far and love it, but we I can't say we can relate, of course we can't help who we fall in love with so thats a whole different story, and I'm not saying me and her don't have disagreements or get mad at each other either, anybody tells you their relationship is great and they never argue after the first year or two is a lier lol.

to each his own, but I could not live my life with a Debra, I would rather shoot myself in the head.

I have to watch that episode again but I bet for every thing that remotely resembles reality, I can show 20 things that are not.

the episode name btw is bad moon rising, lol god I love that show, its so damn funny, there are very few shows that are truly funny like Everybody Loves Raymond, lol that whole family is hilarious, I'm lmao right now just thinking about it

Edited by DST4ME - 12 Nov 2011 at 5:34am
Kaleliar View Drop Down

Quote Kaleliar Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:04am
What we have to remember about TV shows, is that it's main purpose is entertainment, not factual education.

Most of the "kids" shows I've seen have kids with near genius levels of intelligence when compared to the adults. Usually the adults are somewhat stupid and totally oblivious to the convoluted antics of the kids.

I do agree with DST that communication is necessary for a healthy relationship. It is that key that I've noticed many shows lack. Don't get me wrong I love my shows, they make me laugh, some make me think, and some make me reach out to others.
Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."
 Post Reply Post Reply