FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got my Lumos Build Yesterday

Post Date: 2020-01-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Omnii Legacyy View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Got my Lumos Build Yesterday
    Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 5:15am

Got my build yesterday as the subject states and i have been up all night gaming and having fun regardless of how tired i was waiting all day for UPS to show up. I was stressed to track and see that my build was out for delivery 8am in the morning and was on a truck for over 10 hours on New York bumpy streets...I think i was the last person the ups truck driver delivered to. Anyway I was very surprised how clean the cable management was done by DS...I was really impatient at times as I ordered 12/04/2019 and waited and waited but in the back of my mind i'm like it'll be done right it'll be worth it...And yes it was worth it I appreciate the stress testing that was done on my build to ensure everything is running optimal. Ok i'm done typing I gotta goto work and i'm late..i uploaded a vid if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like turned on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbfr3nkUOAs

I just want to say Thank you Digital Storm Thank you very much you guys are awesome...and also there are some guys on this forum i'm not gonna mention your names that post regularly you guys are awesome also it's been nice reading some of your advice to other's great stuff...Helped me learn a lot more...

My Specs Below....

System Configuration:

Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K (4.9 GHz Turbo) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i PRO - 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Corsair HD Series (RGB Fans)
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 10-15 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)

Edited by Omnii Legacyy - 15 Jan 2020 at 7:34am
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 6:19am
Congratulations. Hope you have a lot of fun with that system. It should last you many years with max settings with that card.
Enjoy.   

Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:13am
Originally posted by hoserator

Congratulations. Hope you have a lot of fun with that system. It should last you many years with max settings with that card.
Enjoy.   

Thank you very much for the kind words Hose...I also wanted to apologize I tried uploading pics but i failed I also didn't realize my phone was in portrait mode when i took the video so it's at a bad angle not sure how to fix that right now..Hoserator i'm definitely looking forward to many years of blissfullness not sure if that's a word... :)
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 11:04am
Looks great! Awesome Enjoy. Big%20Smile
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 1:07pm
Very nice Lumos...enjoy!   

Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Tidgxor

Looks great! Awesome Enjoy. Big%20Smile

Thank you Tidgxor

Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by HockeyBuck

Very nice Lumos...enjoy!   

Thank you Hockey

I learned a lot from you guys advice on this forum as much as i've been building pc's when i was younger it's awesome to see like minded folks like you guys still around

Edited by Omnii Legacyy - 15 Jan 2020 at 2:07pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:38am
Wish you many years of blissfulness!

hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Omnii Legacyy

[QUOTE=Thank you Hockey
I learned a lot from you guys advice on this forum as much as i've been building pc's when i was younger it's awesome to see like minded folks like you guys still around

We hope you remain and keep the forum lively. I speak for myself when I state that most of my computer knowledge was learned with the help and assistance of the forum members. Some are mostly now gone but we continue. Everybody has something to share.

Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Cretae

Wish you many years of blissfulness!

Thank you Cretae appreciate...the past 2 days so far has been just amazing words can't describe...why wife and kids walked in the room last night and was like what the hell you working for Nasa? Lol

Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 9:39am
Originally posted by hoserator

Originally posted by Omnii Legacyy

[QUOTE=Thank you Hockey

We hope you remain and keep the forum lively. I speak for myself when I state that most of my computer knowledge was learned with the help and assistance of the forum members. Some are mostly now gone but we continue. Everybody has something to share.

I will definitely be sticking around Thanks
Truffleshuffle View Drop Down

Quote Truffleshuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 2:44pm
Our build is pretty much the same although I am putting in my 2060 and 32 gb ram when I get it in and taking the 1050 ti and the 16 gb ram and putting it in my old pc. How are you liking the 9700k and the MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS? Can't wait to test mine out.

Quote Omnii Legacyy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Truffleshuffle

Our build is pretty much the same although I am putting in my 2060 and 32 gb ram when I get it in and taking the 1050 ti and the 16 gb ram and putting it in my old pc. How are you liking the 9700k and the MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS? Can't wait to test mine out.

Truffle,

I'm not even exaggerating the 9700K is a beast...I went with it rather than the I9-900k not because i wanted to save money, but because the i7-9700k is already proven especially for gaming...Plus I finally see why so many still love the i7-9700k because my temps are extremely low...9900k is for those who want the 16 threads for running multi thread applications...anyway i'm very happy with it...the 2060 with 32gb is more than enough with the i7-9700k you will be very pleased...However I chose not to overclock mines so i'm not sure if you got the free overclock for yours... That's something I overlooked in my purchase not knowing Digital Storm would of OClocked it for free to 4.8 on all cores..but it's all good i've been throwing everything at it and it's been handling everything at max settings no problem...and did i mention the temps are extremely low on overload...wow...when are you expecting delivery of your build? The MSI motherboard is amazing also...can't express how happy i am with it...
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 4:35am

FYI, Intel itself provides a means to overclock its unlocked procs. Look here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

When (if) you get around to it...!
Truffleshuffle View Drop Down

Quote Truffleshuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Cretae

FYI, Intel itself provides a means to overclock its unlocked procs. Look here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

When (if) you get around to it...!
Good to hear. I am actually supposed to get mine sometime today the 21st by the end of the day. Not sure what time is the "end of the day" as it's already 3 pm and the wait is agonizing considering it was already delayed by two weeks or more because of a m.2 issue. I did get the free overclock along with the free RGB. My 2060 is the OC version too.
Alex View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Digital Storm Supervisor

Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:34pm
Awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply