FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GOT THE MACHINE!

Post Date: 2021-11-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
amg0D View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote amg0D Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: GOT THE MACHINE!
    Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 8:27pm
After quite the wait (to be expected with the current state of the world) my machine arrived, got it set up the coolant in the machine, have already started playing things on full that I could never play before, chef's kiss!

I do have a few questions though, is it normal to not get the serial numbers for the components? I need to get my hands on my mobo serial and I would need to take the whole machine apart to get it as far as I can see, I've tried many other ways to find it with nothing working.

Also, I didn't seem to get my game code sent in the bag of goodies either. Wondering if anyone else had these issues and what they did to rectify them?

Again this machine is amazing, never had one like it before, well worth the purchase (and wait).
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 4:54am
AFAIK game codes are e-mailed. Check spam box if you don't see it.

IDK about serials. DS may have it on file. I have a set-up disk for mine, and it may be on there.   
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 5:09am
Originally posted by amg0D

I do have a few questions though, is it normal to not get the serial numbers for the components?

I assume so. Let me guess, the reason you need/want them is product registration. If so, I won't go as far as to say it's pointless. However, Digital Storm's (as en OEM) warranty coverage override's the component manufacturer's warranty. In other words, you'll need to go through DS to have products replaced (e.g., if defective).

I need to get my hands on my mobo serial and I would need to take the whole machine apart to get it as far as I can see

How can I check motherboard serial number? | Stack Overflow
(Both the Command Prompt and PowerShell methods seemed to work on my machine.)

Also, I didn't seem to get my game code sent in the bag of goodies either. Wondering if anyone else had these issues and what they did to rectify them?

From what I've read, the code is emailed to you. So, check junk mail boxes.
• Ryzen 5600X, ROG Strix B550-I, RX 6900 XT, 32GB Vengeance, 960GB MP510
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
Tidgxor View Drop Down
DS ELITE
DS ELITE

The Kokopelli kid

Quote Tidgxor Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by MrCheetah

I assume so. Let me guess, the reason you need/want them is product registration. If so, I won't go as far as to say it's pointless. However, Digital Storm's (as en OEM) warranty coverage override's the component manufacturer's warranty. In other words, you'll need to go through DS to have products replaced (e.g., if defective).

This isn't true. Or if it is it's a very recent change, because I've used device-specific manufacturer's warranties over pre-built warranties on several occasions, including with Digital Storm. In fact when the HDD on this Bolt died DS encouraged me to use the manufacturer's warranty over their own warranty because the terms were better regarding the replacement.
amg0D View Drop Down

Quote amg0D Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 1:15pm

Look man, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but your post really comes off condescending.

First, I don't need the serials for warranty issues. I need them because if I want to be able to control the lights on my motherboard I have to actually register the motherboard to get the software.

Second, I have also tried command prompt and powershell (both of which are basically the same thing) they give me a number but not the serials required for the Asus website. I assume they are a serial tied to the warranty on the DS end.

As for the game code, do any of you know what the subject of the message would pertain? I don't have anything from DS in regards to a game code in any mailbox of mine.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm
Congratulations on your system arriving.

You will have to call DS for any serial numbers.

Don't know about game codes.

Enjoy.
Smile
Snaike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Just a dude trying to keep the spam away

Quote Snaike Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 3:01pm
Contact DS Customer Support for game codes. They come from the card manufacturer and not DS, AFAIK, and are emailed to you. IF you didn't get it, get DS on the line and have them shake it loose for you.
amg0D View Drop Down

Quote amg0D Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 3:18pm
Thanks guys, I did end up sending Alex an email but since it was during the holidays I figured I'd ask the community to see if they had ideas as well. You guys have pointed me in a direction I need to go, appreciate it.

I'll give DS a call probably Tuesday next week. Just try to enjoy my weekend lol.
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Tidxgor

This isn't true. Or if it is it's a very recent change, because I've used device-specific manufacturer's warranties over pre-built warranties on several occasions, including with Digital Storm. In fact when the HDD on this Bolt died DS encouraged me to use the manufacturer's warranty over their own warranty because the terms were better regarding the replacement.

I admit, I could be mistaken about DS specifically. They may purchase all of the components in retail packaging -- which would indeed surprise me.

The following isn't being snide -- I feel odd needing to say that -- rather proof of such terms/conditions/restrictions:

Warranty Policy for Intel® Boxed and Tray Processors

Warranty Service: Tray and MPK Processors | AMD

Warranty guidelines for OEM disk drive products | Seagate

It's one of the top complaints on HDD purchases. For example:

1-star rated reviews for WD Gold 4TB Enterprise Class Hard Disk Drive

Look man, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but your post really comes off condescending.

Reviewing my statements, "Let me guess" was a poor choice of words.

Edited by MrCheetah - 26 Nov 2021 at 7:44pm
• be quiet 500DX, i7 11700K, ROG Strix Z590-E, RTX 4080 ProArt + RTX 4070 Ti ProArt, 64GB HyperX Fury, 2TB SN850
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:04pm
I apologize if this also isn't helpful, although, it appears relevant given the further details.

First, I don't need the serials for warranty issues. I need them because if I want to be able to control the lights on my motherboard I have to actually register the motherboard to get the software.

Which you mention:

required for the Asus website

Armoury Crate download | Asus Support
Originally posted by ASUS

ALL-IN-ONE AURA
Armoury Crate puts command of all your Aura gear at your fingertips, so controlling your LED illumination is as easy as RGB. It also introduces the all-new Aura Creator suite for multi-layered LED lighting, with a video-editing-style interface that lets you use simple drag-and-drop gestures to define the relative spatial positions of your compatible kit – making it easier than ever to create awesome Aura Sync lightshows.

Edited by MrCheetah - 26 Nov 2021 at 6:08pm
amg0D View Drop Down

Quote amg0D Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 9:39pm

I apologize if this also isn't helpful, although, it appears relevant given the further details.

Which you mention:

required for the Asus website

Armoury Crate download | Asus Support
Originally posted by ASUS

ALL-IN-ONE AURA
Armoury Crate puts command of all your Aura gear at your fingertips, so controlling your LED illumination is as easy as RGB. It also introduces the all-new Aura Creator suite for multi-layered LED lighting, with a video-editing-style interface that lets you use simple drag-and-drop gestures to define the relative spatial positions of your compatible kit – making it easier than ever to create awesome Aura Sync lightshows.

You know what? I'm a dummy. I was on that page hundreds of times before but figured just because it said register I needed to register the hardware. That page needs some redesigning. Thank you though, found it now lol. Thank you.

Now that issue is dealt with. Gonna have to call about the game code. Love this machine!

Edited by amg0D - 26 Nov 2021 at 11:03pm
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 5:57am
Thanks for resolving this one, MrCheetah!
MrCheetah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MrCheetah Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 7:29am

You know what? I'm a dummy. I was on that page hundreds of times before but figured just because it said register I needed to register the hardware. That page needs some redesigning. Thank you though, found it now lol. Thank you.

I'm glad we were able to sort it out.

I didn't want to add the instructions of "Select your OS and click Download. No registration necessary." as I thought it might again seem condescending.

Anyway...

I hope you find your game code now and can move onto the fun.

Originally posted by Cretae

Thanks for resolving this one, MrCheetah!

┈┈┈┈┈┈▕▔╲
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▏▕▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂╱┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▉▉▉▉▉┈┈┈▕▂▂▂▏
▔▔▔▔▔▔╲▂▕▂▂▂I

P.S. I realize my explanation approach is not always friendly. It leans more on the blunt, thorough technical side.

Edited by MrCheetah - 27 Nov 2021 at 7:32am
 Post Reply Post Reply