FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic Card Advice

Post Date: 2019-10-24

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Big Daddy Grimm View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Big Daddy Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Graphic Card Advice
    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 9:35am
Hello All,

I am building a system as follows below. The system will be used for gaming and Adobe Products. I do graphic design and photo editing every day. I am planning on a Titan graphics card or do you think it is over kill. I will be running dual 4k monitors. was hoping no to have to update graphic card for a few years. I will probably be adding more hard drives in the future to the system.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Chassis Model: Aventum X
Exterior Finish: Exotic Paint Finish - Storm Blue
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices)
System Memory: 64GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: 1600W Corsair AX1600i (Digitally Controlled Power)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Samsung 970 PRO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 2: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
Storage Set 3: 1x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 970 EVO) (NVM Express) (Extreme Performance)
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x NVIDIA TITAN RTX 24GB (Turing Architecture)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Hi-Res) (Ultimate Audio Playback)
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux PRO: Exotic Custom Cooling System (CPU Only)
HydroLux Tubing Style: Flexible Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
HydroLux Fluid Color: Blue Fluid + Clear Tubing (Requires HydroLux Liquid Cooling System)
Cable Management: Exotic Cable Management - Blue - (Cable Combs with Custom Color Sleeved Extension Cables)
Chassis Fans: Corsair LL Series (RGB Fans) (Software Controlled Effects) (14 Fans Total)
Internal Lighting: Remote Controlled Advanced LED Lighting System (Multiple RGB Color Modes)
Airflow Control: Corsair Commander PRO Management Control Board & Software (3x Boards)
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: - No Thanks
CPU Boost: Stock Factory Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
Graphics Boost: Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability
OS Boost: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)
Virus Protection: Windows Defender Antivirus (Built-in to Windows 10)
Office: - No Thanks
Mouse Pad: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
Branded Gear: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 20-25 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 3 Year Limited Warranty (3 Year Labor & 1 Year Part Replacement)
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 1:09pm
Welcome to the DS forum Big Daddy Grimm!

Cool blue Aventum X!   This will be an apex user gaming/graphic design/ photo editing professional system, and Aventum is the perfect case.    Aventum has plenty of hot swap trays for extra hard drives too.

First thing I spotted, I believe the Z390 mobos can do only 2x M.2 NVME drives.   Think you would want to build using the X299 mobos to use the big ASUS X299 Rampage Extreme Omega EATX mobo that can handle up to 4X M.2 NVME drives and 6X SATA III drives per the ASUS site info.   Also, using the X299 gives you the option of using the 10 core/20 thread Intel I9-9900X CPU or 12 core/24 thread I9-9920X or better if you have interest in more cores. The X299 mobos can also utilize even more RAM if you find it needed in your work.

Overclock!   The Intel K & X Class processors are engineered to be fully Overclocked, and Aventum X is the best case on the planet for cooling the CPU and GPU.   You are buying that extra performance, but you won’t get it all unless you select the Free Stage 1 or $99 Stage 2 Overclock of the CPU.    Definitely OC CPU!

On board Realtek sound codecs are excellent these days and can do 8:1 and hi res, so I don’t think you would require an add on sound board unless it’s personal preference.   You could always add that later if you decide it’s needed.

Your use of a 1600W PSU isn’t really necessary as configured.   I suggest using the excellent Corsair AX1200I 1200W Digital Platinum efficiency all modular PSU.    More than enough headroom for future additions.    I own one and it’s the best. 10 yr warranty.

I’m sure the NVidia Titan RTX with 24 GB VRAM GPU would be a beast in your professional workspace driving 2X 4K displays.    Titan can’t be water cooled, but probably doesn’t need it anyway.    Hard to compete with the top dog card for professional use, and there’s nothing wrong with overkill!    

Because the Aventum X is the very best water cool everything case on the planet, you might also be very well served by considering 2X NVLink RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB VRAM and HydroLux Pro CPU + 2X GPU cooling and Overclock GPUs.    Aventum X is pre- equipped with 3 huge radiators, custom water handling block with quick disconnects built in, and a whopping 14 case fans, and can keep everything quite cool.    In gaming comparisons I have seen, 2X NVLink RTX 2080 Ti and a single Titan RTX would be fairly close in gaming performance.    Just this July NVidia turned on support for 10 bit panels for all RTX cards, and special support for the Adobe Creative color workspace that used to be reserved for NVidia Quadra GPU cards.    Overclocked and water cooled dual 2080 Ti in an Aventum X case I suspect it’s even closer between the two Config in gaming, but I think in your professional workspace Titans 24 GB VRAM would out perform dual 2080 Ti with 11 GB VRAM in driving 2 X 4K panels.    I would probably go with the Titan here.

If you do decide on using the RTX 2080 Ti, I would suggest using the very best by asking DS to order you the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hydro Copper Gaming factory water cooled cards.

Let us know what you decide on....

Edited by HockeyBuck - 24 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Big Daddy Grimm View Drop Down

Quote Big Daddy Grimm Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 9:14am
Thank you for the reply.

Using the setup you suggested, would this still one hell of a gaming rig also. I do quite a bit of gaming.

I see the board you suggested uses DDR4 4266 memory. I am only able to order the system with 128GB DDR4 3200MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance). Would I see a difference in performance using what they sell vs installing the DDR4 4266 memory.

For the gaming It was recommended with the setup I built from Digital Storm when I talked with them on the phone.
HockeyBuck View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote HockeyBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 11:18am
Yes an Aventum X build using the X299 mobo and either a Titan RTX or 2X RTX 2080 Ti would also be an extremely strong gaming rig, but it gains the most as a pro work rig.   

I’m not real sure how much you might notice the speed difference between 3200 MHz and faster 4266 MHz RAM, but Corsair Dominator Platinum is the very best, most dependable and most stable memory out there.   Probably 4266 MHz is not very available on the market because there would be very few mainstream customers for the most expensive RAM kits made & clocked that high.   You would be quite well served using Corsair Dominator Platinum at 3200 MHz...lol.    I would not buy more RAM for gaming as 16 GB is all you need for now and for the foreseeable future.   The benefit of more fast RAM would be for your professional uses.   

Edited by HockeyBuck - 25 Oct 2019 at 4:52pm
Lewis95 View Drop Down

Quote Lewis95 Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:38am
NVIDIA says the TITAN RTX is about 3 TFLOPS faster in FP32 over the RTX 2080 Ti, and fortunately, we have results for both cards covering a wide range of tests to see how they compare. NVIDIA is targeting it largely at researchers, but it secondarily acts as one of the fastest ProViz cards on the market.

Regards,
Lewis
Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply