FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics Card adapter for Lynx

Post Date: 2020-11-18

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sirwilliam View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sirwilliam Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Graphics Card adapter for Lynx
    Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 4:03pm
so i have the digital storm lynx and i am getting the 1660 super. i tried putting a graphics card adapter but i can’t seem to get out my power supply and put the adapter in. any help?
brody
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:49am
Have you checked the wiring you have behind the motherboard for the right GPU plugs? All that "spaghetti" back there may have exactly what you need. You will have to cut some cable ties to free up the right GPU plug(s) and re-route it to the front of the board to plug into the card.

If that doesn't help you, a DS technician can come to your rescue on the phone. They want to help you with upgrades.
hoserator View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

We don't need no stinking "Avatars" !
Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Quote hoserator Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 3:54am
Hi
What is a gpu adapter?
If power related, Cretae is spot on. If the cables are not tucked in the back, they might be in a black bag inside a small box with accessories you got with the pc.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Note: once you have the gpu connected the onboard graphics are disconnected by default and you have to connect the monitor to the gpu. Very common panic inducing mistake. Smile

I forgot to add that if your wires are not tucked in the back and you have to install them, all you have to do is find a way to plug them into the back of the psu and thread them to your liking until you get to the gpu. I really doubt DS did not prewire.
Smile

Edited by hoserator - 20 Nov 2020 at 8:24am
 Post Reply Post Reply