FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics Card Update

Post Date: 2021-11-25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cody1C View Drop Down

Email address used to purchase matched with forums account email.

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cody1C Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: Graphics Card Update
    Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 5:16pm
I currently have a Lynx level 2, bought in Oct of 2019, and have a few questions. I currently have a GTX 1650 4GB video card. I want to upgrade to RTX 3060 TI 8 GB and wondering if I would have any issues doing so. I have the Asus Prime H310m-E R2.0, it is a mini ATX motherboard. (The same motherboard that came with the system) Would I have any issues at all upgrading? I also have a 600W power supply. I believe I am good on that end. I am new to the PC world as I have been on a Mac for basically all my life. Any feedback would be amazing and very welcomed. I just don't want to waste money on something and find out later that it will not work for my system.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 4:42am
IMHO, you're good. You have lifetime tech support with Ds, so why not shoot an e-mail to   [email protected] just to be on the safe side.

That card is a monster for 1080p, and respectable for 1440p. But it's going to cost and arm and a leg. Beware websites with hinky prices, they're scams. AFAIK, the longer you wait the better it will be as prices may moderate and supply may finally catch up. If you can bite the bullet for awhile, the next gen Nvidia cards may spring forth by or before August, and will be another whole game-changer. Just FYI.   
Cody1C View Drop Down

Quote Cody1C Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 28 Nov 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Cretae

IMHO, you're good. You have lifetime tech support with Ds, so why not shoot an e-mail to   [email protected] just to be on the safe side.

That card is a monster for 1080p, and respectable for 1440p. But it's going to cost and arm and a leg. Beware websites with hinky prices, they're scams. AFAIK, the longer you wait the better it will be as prices may moderate and supply may finally catch up. If you can bite the bullet for awhile, the next gen Nvidia cards may spring forth by or before August, and will be another whole game-changer. Just FYI.   

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah a $399 should not cost $800 lol. I will hold off, just want to able to play some higher end games and enjoy 60+ fps without dipping below. I want to move away from consoles soon.
Cretae View Drop Down
DS Veteran
DS Veteran

Quote Cretae Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 3:44am
If you are happy (as I am) gaming at 1920x1080 the 3060 Ti will play strong for the life of your system. Tech will advance over those coming years as will games, but most likely will not blow that card away.    
 Post Reply Post Reply